[ROM] [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I loved liberty 2.0.1, but I really want netflix support. Which I can get with cm7.

Netflix was approved to run on D2 phones regardless of rom.

I will say that CM7 has improved on battery life, however I love the interface of MIUI customization a little bit better. Those are the 2 roms I'm flashing between.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Me too. I'll probably be more on CM7 when I get my extended battery

CM74DX

jvanekel

Reaction score
OK, tried the cm7. I couldn't save pictures after taking them, watch youtube video's, and the quality of my netflix was severely decreased. As well as I couldn't figure out the theme thing. I was able to do some stuff with ADW but thats not what i was downloading. They were .apk's and I was supposed to flash them??? No where is there a tutorial or clear instructions on how to do it, but when I open 'Theme Chooser' and 'apply' a theme, the effects were very limited, even after a reboot. I'm tired of fighting with this phone. Going to rooted GB until I can have my liberty. I can personalize enough from there I reckon.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't give up so easy. It shouldn't be. My phone doesn't have those issues. The dx has a camera fix zip I forgot to post you that will fix most of your issues. I don't have it tho.

Brad! Any chance you could post the zip?

CM74D2 (build-40)

jvanekel

Reaction score
honestly though, one of the bigger things is the netflix. There was a significant decrease in video quality. And thats the main reason I wanted 2.3.3. I can cuztomize with my liberty toolbox and uninstall bloatware with titanium back-up. I see the appeal of it, but have no use for it. Its all about speed and battery life for me. But you've been most helpful! I also think I realized what I was doing wrong with LGB but I will have to wait to be on a regular pc to find out.

Maybe some insight though....the instructions here had me downloading and flashing a pre-rooted gingerbread rom b4 I flashed LGB. I was not able to download the two part pre-root Gingerbread, I found it somewhere else in one part. I'm thinking thats where I went wrong. I'm going to have to sbf, and flash the two part pre-rooted gb, then flash the LGB.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
honestly though, one of the bigger things is the netflix. There was a significant decrease in video quality. And thats the main reason I wanted 2.3.3. I can cuztomize with my liberty toolbox and uninstall bloatware with titanium back-up. I see the appeal of it, but have no use for it. Its all about speed and battery life for me. But you've been most helpful! I also think I realized what I was doing wrong with LGB but I will have to wait to be on a regular pc to find out.

Maybe some insight though....the instructions here had me downloading and flashing a pre-rooted gingerbread rom b4 I flashed LGB. I was not able to download the two part pre-root Gingerbread, I found it somewhere else in one part. I'm thinking thats where I went wrong. I'm going to have to sbf, and flash the two part pre-rooted gb, then flash the LGB.

There is no 2 part GB leak file. There ARE 2 GB leak files, one rooted the other unrooted. For you to get LGB flash the rooted GB leak file then flash LGB. I caa give you a link for the rooted GB file. PM me for a link.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

There is no 2 part GB leak file. There ARE 2 GB leak files, one rooted the other unrooted. For you to get LGB flash the rooted GB leak file then flash LGB. I caa give you a link for the rooted GB file. PM me for a link.

The Droid X is the one with the 2 part leak.

CM74DX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

There is a 2 part file for the dx.

As for netflix, mine is just as clear as ever. Sorry it didn't work for you. Good luck with liberty

CM74D2 (build-40)

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I thought this was a D2 thread?

Anyways, I flashed the single DX GB file on my friends phone and it worked perfect.

Last edited:

jvanekel

Reaction score
Yes, this is the d2 thread. I misposted looking for an answer. I'm done tile I can talk to the developer.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not a problem (for me at least) if you want to post in this thread. As long as you're clear about what device you're on its cool.

CM74D2 (build-40)

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I didn't read all of what was going on. I saw the last 2 pages and jumped in to the conversation. My bad, I'll read more next time. Just a lot to read ya know? Lol

xm0067

Reaction score
Is there any word when justice will come out? I've been switching between ApeX and LGB for awhile now, and I'm itching to try out justice (I've used Liquid and CM7 also, and if the battery life in Justice is better than those, I'm sold)

Sent from my Apex-ed Overclocked DROID 2

rmcelroy

Reaction score
what is this "justice" you speak of?

and any word on liberty GB 1.0?

xm0067

Reaction score
If you look in the toolbox it says (or atleast used to say) "justice (coming soon), its a 2nd-int rom that's supposedly in development

Sent from my Apex-ed Overclocked DROID 2

Status
Not open for further replies.