[ROM] [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

6boltcolt

Reaction score
i data wiped and wiped the partition and now im gonna let it boot for the next few minutes while i get rsd dl'd

AsrMatt

Reaction score
i data wiped and wiped the partition and now im gonna let it boot for the next few minutes while i get rsd dl'd

I am hoping for good news in a min. Red is a nice tool to have. I have used it several times.

I forgot to ask earlier but are you on some version of Gingerbread? I assume you are if you are coming from Liberty .7.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

6boltcolt

Reaction score
oookay after third attempt at wiping now clockword mod pops up on boot, i guess thats a step lol. i tried to do a recovery and it said no files found, hm, so i did yet another wipe and i guess ill reboot?

i was so satisfied with the last liberty rom i had that i havent messed with roms in months, it started getting really glitchy and i saw there was a new version so i wanted to re rom and try it out, i dont recall what version of android i was on but like you said, 7 was probably a gingerbread build.

edit im in my root folder via clockword mod and it shows i had liberty 2.0.1

AsrMatt

Reaction score
oookay after third attempt at wiping now clockword mod pops up on boot, i guess thats a step lol. i tried to do a recovery and it said no files found, hm, so i did yet another wipe and i guess ill reboot?

i was so satisfied with the last liberty rom i had that i havent messed with roms in months, it started getting really glitchy and i saw there was a new version so i wanted to re rom and try it out, i dont recall what version of android i was on but like you said, 7 was probably a gingerbread build.

edit im in my root folder via clockword mod and it shows i had liberty 2.0.1

That is the issue then. You have to be on gingerbread before you install Liberty .09. You should follow the directions at the beginning of the post to get on GB. You will want to sbf back to stock and go from there. You should be able to get the OTA update and then flash liberty.

6boltcolt

Reaction score
clockwork mod ftw.

im now back to a working liberty 2.0.1

now to figure out how to get it to gingerbread then to the new liberty. sigh.

AsrMatt

Reaction score
It should be a fairly painless process. There are lots of good threads with instructions on here. We have all run into similiar issues at one time or another. I know I have. :)

6boltcolt

Reaction score
still looking for a stock gingerbread. rawr.

i go into settings>system>updates and it tells me my 2.2 is up to date. wtf. reboot again!

Last edited:

AsrMatt

Reaction score
Did you SBF back to stock? If you are still on Liberty it will not let you do the ota update. You should sbf back to stock then update to the ota or use the leak at the beginning of this thread. I am not on the D2 anymore so I am not sure if everyone got the ota or not yet.

6boltcolt

Reaction score
im STILL dl'ing rsd from back when i was in bootloop, so when its done ill see what version of android they packaged with the unbricking tools and rsd to something appropriate, then OTA update, then root again, then if im still awake ill go to the new liberty.

jesus titty f;ing christ gingerbread better be AMAZING what a PITA

thanks for all replies guys!

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Idk if you can use liberty on the ota GB update. That kernel is different than the leak GB and may cause probs. I say this cuz Apex is GB based but not off the ota GB. Its based off the GB leak file and the kernels are different. If youre trying to use LibertyGB 0.8 or 0.9 you may have to stick with the GB leak file.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

6boltcolt

Reaction score
link to said copy of gb? been searching alot today and all i could find was how to get the OTA gb and root it

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Hold on and I'll post the GB leak file.....

Edit: here the GB leak file

http://goo.gl/t3M6w

Remember to be on stock froyo, root, boot into CWR, wipe data/cache/dalvik, flash GB leak file, boot into CWR (again), wipe data/cache/dalvik (again, just to be safe), flash LibertyGB.

Last edited:

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Hold on and I'll post the GB leak file.....

Edit: here the GB leak file

http://goo.gl/t3M6w

Remember to be on stock froyo, root, boot into CWR, wipe data/cache/dalvik, flash GB leak file, boot into CWR (again), wipe data/cache/dalvik (again, just to be safe), flash LibertyGB.

This copy of GB is already rooted so install CWR.

LocoRon

Reaction score
im STILL dl'ing rsd from back when i was in bootloop, so when its done ill see what version of android they packaged with the unbricking tools and rsd to something appropriate, then OTA update, then root again, then if im still awake ill go to the new liberty.

jesus titty f;ing christ gingerbread better be AMAZING what a PITA

thanks for all replies guys!
Haha, I also spent the better part of a day "upgrading" from Liberty 2 to GB OTA.

Honestly, I'm not all that impressed. Now that I've got it running though, I don't think I'll be going back to L2--but if I knew then what I know now, I'd probably have not bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.