Liberty Toolbox [Official Thread]

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw your post above about not being able to get it on there. In fact I didn't get it working, i'm just using normal facebook. No big deal

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I will pull it off my phone and upload it here in a min.

EDIT: IF I can find it. :s Not seeing it in system/app/ or data/app/
EDIT2: Shows as a system app in Titanium Backup so it is with out a doubt in the rom zip...somewhere lol.

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Somewhere huh. Well I'll take another look. I could have missed it. I appreciate you looking into it for me.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
lol i still cant find it even after finding the apk name. Like I said it is a system file so it is in there some where lol.
Heres the apk though: http://hotfile.com/dl/118068916/ee9544c/com.facebook.katana.apk.html

Anyways here is the APK. I am testing it now to see if it works for contacts sync being in /data/app/ rather then /system/app/

EDIT: Sync works fine.

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK so how is this app any different from the one i can find in the market? Thanks for the link by the way

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
OK so how is this app any different from the one i can find in the market? Thanks for the link by the way

It has a black and blue theme to it.
screenshot4es.png

It looks like when I installed it in /data/app/ it updated through the market from 1.5.2 black to 1.5.3 official. So place the apk in /system/app/ then tap it and install it with package installer(the stock one on your phone) if you dont want it to show up in the market to bug you about updates.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

It has a black and blue theme to it.
screenshot4es.png

It looks like when I installed it in /data/app/ it updated through the market from 1.5.2 black to 1.5.3 official. So place the apk in /system/app/ then tap it and install it with package installer(the stock one on your phone) if you dont want it to show up in the market to bug you about updates.

I'll try it thanks. Yeah when I tried just installing it straight up it was normal but ill try it through system /app

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I moved it from data/app to system/app and installed with package installer but it looks the same. I wonder if I did something wrong?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
When you installed it in /data/app/ the market auto updated it is my guess. Uninstall the app. Redownload the one I linked to. Copy the freshly downloaded copy to /system/app/ and install it. Should be good to go then.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man I have tried everything and still a no go. I erased the one in data /app, i put the one from the link into system and installed using package installer. Its just the stock facebook, i dont know what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to Hijack this thread anymore. I really really appreciate your help but i can't get it to work. I think ill try flashing a theme on liberty and enjoy that for a while.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Man I have tried everything and still a no go. I erased the one in data /app, i put the one from the link into system and installed using package installer. Its just the stock facebook, i dont know what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to Hijack this thread anymore. I really really appreciate your help but i can't get it to work. I think ill try flashing a theme on liberty and enjoy that for a while.

That made me think...I installed Epic Blue and Bold theme, THATS where I got the facebook from, not the ROM. My bad lol. You could try flashing the theme and then making a back up to restore if you want to keep the black and blue assuming another theme you flash could have a different colored facebook app on it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That makes a lot more sense. Thanks, i've been wanting to do the liberated HC theme

Code-Money

Reaction score
Any chance of getting that FB app in the Liberty yellow and black?

Sent from my Liberated DROID2 using Droid Forums.