Liberty Toolbox [Official Thread]

pressguy27

Reaction score
So I need to flash the rooted gb leak (not the deodexed one?) And from there I can flash liberty gb?

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

Yes just grab the rooted gb leak flash that, reboot and all that fun stuff then go flash liberty gb

Sent from my Liberty GB DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
One more question. I just need the rooted gb not the deodexed one right? Also do I need to sbf from Liberty 2.0 to stock or just wipe data and cache before flashing the monster file

pressguy27

Reaction score
One more question. I just need the rooted gb not the deodexed one right? Also do I need to sbf from Liberty 2.0 to stock or just wipe data and cache before flashing the monster file

Yeah I just use the rooted gb, you can flash it over liberty 2.0 and like you said just wipe data and cache. Also the first boot of the gb might take a few minutes

Sent from my Liberty GB DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK I think I got it. Wipe data and cache, flash gb and then liberty gb. Thanks for the help!

jeward72

Reaction score
evening I have V5 installed and running great. My question is to use the inverted gtalk how do you install I've downloaded via toolbox and says fails to install. Do I need to make normal gtalk a bak file then move to system apps then reboot? Any help much appreciated.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try Uninstalling gtalk then installing the inverted. It worked with linear black facebook but not with Gmail.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

jeward72

Reaction score
Ok thanks I'll give it a shot , edit..well that didn't work. Tried putting in sys apps also, reboot, just fcs hmmm got black facebook to work any other ideas?

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
How did you get black fb to work? I could only get linear black, not the black fb.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
How did you get black fb to work? I could only get linear black, not the black fb.

You can extract the zip from the rom, and install the facebook app manually.

I can't extract it from the rom cause it has to be downloaded and when I try to do that, it gives me an error message (in the toolbox). I searched in the rom files then remembered that facebook (black or otherwise) doesn't seem to be included. Any ideas?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
No I mean download the actual rom zip from the thread here. Extract it, and the get facebook.apk from the system/app/ folder then install it normally through astro or similar. If it is installed as a system app, it cant be updated, but i guess thats not really relevant because if you update you will get the stock facebook app back.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No I mean download the actual rom zip from the thread here. Extract it, and the get facebook.apk from the system/app/ folder then install it normally through astro or similar. If it is installed as a system app, it cant be updated, but i guess thats not really relevant because if you update you will get the stock facebook app back.

I don't want to seem intentionally dense but i have a copy of the rom on my sd (same one from this thread). I looked in the system /app folder the other day (that was one of the first things I did), i dont remember seeing a facebook.apk. I just restored mine from titanium backup. Now I got the linear one to install by Uninstalling the normal one i restored in tb. Why is the black facebook any different? Thanks for your help though. I suppose its not the end of the world

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
The only difference in the two is the theme, but your right facebook is not in the rom. :s Now I have no idea how the heck I got it on my phone as I dont recall installing it manually. Oh well, glad you got it working.