Liberty Toolbox [Official Thread]

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey Liberty users. Wanted to make an official Liberty Toolbox app thread. Feel free to report bugs and request features below and when I get time I'll check it out.

Also, check the changelog below for new features. The current one found in the ROM is out-of-date.

Screenshots:

29cl6jt.jpg
330bnm9.jpg
aua05t.jpg
vdikj5.jpg
148kg3m.jpg
2z5r4et.jpg
14v020p.jpg
do7ybs.jpg
mjo3uo.jpg
2qvwkgn.jpg

Liberty Toolbox Description:

The eagle has landed!!

What is Liberty Toolbox? A wicked awesome app to customize your phone to the max giving you back the liberty you deserve to your rooted Droid X or Droid 2.

★ Requirements: Root, Liberty ROM ★

THIS APP WILL NOT WORK WHATSOEVER IF YOU ARE NOT ON LIBERTY ROM FOR THE DROID X AND DROID 2. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS DON'T DOWNLOAD IT OR RATE BAD.

THIS VERSION WAS DESIGNED FOR LIBERTY V1.5. IF YOU ARE ON 1.0 SOME STUFF WILL NOT WORK SO YOU SHOULD UPGRADE NOW.

★ Toolbox Features ★

★ App Management:
☆ Apps2SD
☆ Remove/Backup system/data apps
☆ Install Add-Ons on the fly (blur, non-blur, extras, etc.)
☆ Backup/restore feature
☆ Change default app icons and battery icons

★ Liberty Mods:
☆ Switch between transition animations
☆ Change boot logos
☆ Set Build Properties * File editor included by Fr4gg0r *
☆ Install Fonts
☆ Install Themes from the toolbox
☆ Pulldown-bar text editor

★ Liberty Tweaks
☆ Ad Blocker (Block/Unblock)
☆ Cache Manager (clear/move to SD)
☆ Free Memory
☆ Manage Boot Animation
☆ Mount system rw, fix permissions, zipalign apps, etc.

★ Reboot Options:
☆ Reboot, reboot bootstrap, reboot recovery, powerdown

★ Settings:
☆ App Theme (change theme of toolbox)
☆ Overclock / Underclock
☆ Notify for ROM updates/patches
☆ Lockscreen Settings
☆ Recovery safe mode
☆ Sysctl Support
☆ Camera Shutter Sound
☆ Tools (Spare Parts, Dev Tools, Testing Menu)
☆ Restore apps feature
☆ Set install location on boot
☆ Zipalign apps on reboot
☆ Clear cache on reboot
☆ Fix permissions on reboot

If you like the features found in the toolbox consider purchasing other apps. Go to "View more applications" at the bottom of the page for more.

Changelog:

v 1.1.2:

Fixed mounting bugs
Added verizon visual voicemail and blur gallery to install add-ons
Other bug fixes

v 1.1.1:

Fixed sysctl configuration settings

v 1.1:

Added application & battery icon switcher
You can now change the pulldown text to up to 81 characters
Font previews/more fonts
theme screenshots
Overclocking (in settings menu)
bug fixes and other stuff

Special Thanks:

Matthew Oaks (xeudoxus) - General help
Jonas Rahlf (Fr4gg0r) - SGS Tools
Dave Kover (koveleski) - Toolbox theme help

Other Apps:

Droid Overclock

Root Tools

Anim Mod

DX/D2 Logo Changer

App Swap

Last edited:

RevNumbers

Reaction score
Sweet! thanks for the blur gallery, i love having the 3d gallery for looking at my galleries but i gotta say, i also love being able to click on the picture in the blur camera and have it actually go the the picture, lol

chefb

Reaction score
I downloaded the toolbox from the market is that the most recent version?

blkblt412

Reaction score
Under 'Manage Boot Animation' it says 'Disabe boot animation' instead of 'Disable boot animation'

Not that I plan to disable mine, just thought I'd point that out :). The Liberty Toolbox is awesome by the way, a very handy addition to the rom. Running the latest version of the toolbox on Liberty 1.5

XDRDX

Reaction score
Blur Gallery

I installed the Blur Gallery and and every time I attempt to open it in instantly closes itself back. I also have found some issues attempting to set the overclock through the Liberty App instead of Droid Overclock.

If you need a logcat just let me know and I can send you one.

ilovechi23

Reaction score
For some reason.... I never can get anything to install from the toolbox besides the blur camera ..... any help on this?

Nmayar

Reaction score
One question about the add on apps. When I click one to install does it over right the existing one?

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

Stevo592

Reaction score
This just happened to me and I think it would be a good change. I was messing around in the toolbox and went to go touch "Fix permissions" and instead touched "install sdcard update.zip". I think if you add a confirm to buttons that will restart your phone right away would be great. BTW you guys are awesome with everything and I really enjoy this ROM

atomicsunset

Reaction score
For some reason.... I never can get anything to install from the toolbox besides the blur camera ..... any help on this?

I had same issue at first too. It would give me the animation that it was installing then just hang. About a half hour later my phone rebooted on it's own and the app was installed. Since then the modded apps have installed at a more normal speed. Not sure if this helps, but hey its a response!

Bedward

Reaction score
Request

Hey guys, i LOVE the rom that you made. I just wanted to ask if it would be possible for you to add the contact sync that motoblur has (with facebook, twitter, etc.) into Liberty's toolbox. It's also possible that i totally missed this feature though.
Thanks

Ebonarm

Reaction score
Yeah same here. The first time I used it was to install the FM Radio, but after that any app, or theme, won't download at all anymore.

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys, i LOVE the rom that you made. I just wanted to ask if it would be possible for you to add the contact sync that motoblur has (with facebook, twitter, etc.) into Liberty's toolbox. It's also possible that i totally missed this feature though.
Thanks

You can contact sync facebook and twiter all you need to do is download the facebook and twitter app and login then each app will give you the option to sync the contacts..