[ROM] ApeX 1.2 Series for Droid X - Functionality and Performance (12/7/10)

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com

yusky03

Reaction score
I just got everything reinstalled and setup the way I like it now the custom animations you added are no longer there. How do I get them back? I don't know what could have removed them I just installed the Revo theme and the alt battery.

That's what removed them :)

You can get the updated version of REVOlution here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fabolous-x/102248-themes-apex-12-5-10-a.html

I used that version from rom manager. I think it was actually the alt battery that did it.

imronburgundy

Reaction score
Weird error this morning, don't know if it's significant or not. woke up and couldn't turn on wifi. Every time I tried, it said "error". Rebooted the phone and all is well. Not a big issue as this was the first time it happened, just thought id throw it out there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Nadious

Reaction score
A lot of people have said that they went from 1.0 to 1.0.2.2 just fine without wiping data and cache, but I always like to err on the side of caution.

Doing a data and cache wipe will result in a clean install and is the best, surefire way to get a bug free installation.

Up to you though :D

So, let me just make sure that I'm clear here. If I wanted to try to do it without doing a 'clean' install (wipe date / cache), I can just download the 1.0.2.x package and run the update in Clockwork? (Assuming it works...)

hyperlite

Reaction score
A lot of people have said that they went from 1.0 to 1.0.2.2 just fine without wiping data and cache, but I always like to err on the side of caution.

Doing a data and cache wipe will result in a clean install and is the best, surefire way to get a bug free installation.

Up to you though :D

So, let me just make sure that I'm clear here. If I wanted to try to do it without doing a 'clean' install (wipe date / cache), I can just download the 1.0.2.x package and run the update in Clockwork? (Assuming it works...)

Yessir!

droidxchat

Reaction score
@Fabolous, hey, I came over from Rubix, the only thing I'm really missing that rubix had was reboot in power menu. Do you know of any way to get that?

I just start terminal

su
reboot

Or just turn it off and then turn it back on. It is kind of nifty to have tho...

thanks for the tip but if you read my question i was asking how to put reboot in the power menu, not how to reboot the phone in general... i think i know how to do that lol

Nadious

Reaction score
Ok. I created a Nandroid backup, used Titanium to backup all my apps.... so I'm gonna attempt to download the latest Apex and run the update, without having to do a clean install. I'll keep ya posted on how it goes.

I appreciate everyone that has given 'this noob' some answers and easing my fears on trying to update a ROM. It is much appreciated. :D

chazall1

Reaction score
Boot animation

Fab where is the bootanimation.zip located in 1.2 or your 1.0 rom? I was looking in /system/media, not there. I looked throughout the files and folders and can not locate any bootanimation.zip file. I was going to add another boot up animation. Can I change the bootanimation in your roms?

Thanks

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
There is no bootanimation, that's why it boots so fast :)

If you want to add your own, just push it to /data/local

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
Ok. I created a Nandroid backup, used Titanium to backup all my apps.... so I'm gonna attempt to download the latest Apex and run the update, without having to do a clean install. I'll keep ya posted on how it goes.

I appreciate everyone that has given 'this noob' some answers and easing my fears on trying to update a ROM. It is much appreciated. :D

If u do make a nandroid, u don't have to worry that much.....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Nadious

Reaction score
Ok everyone... install went great! Only run into a minor thing or two:

- when I run.the gallery -mot command.... I get an error. I will post it when I can... but it appears that it can't run the 3D gallery. I can download one from the market that is just like it... but then I have two gallery apps. I can't delete the stock one... so if I try to run the gallery icon wit the -mot switch... it tells me it can't launch it. Is there a way to just uninstall the one that comes with it? And I can use the one from the market instead?

- is it just me... or did I have a different keyboard in apex v.1.0? I remeber the keys being black (or) darker... I kind if miss that.

Love the screen animation transitions. Very cool!

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Ok everyone... install went great! Only run into a minor thing or two:

- when I run.the gallery -mot command.... I get an error. I will post it when I can... but it appears that it can't run the 3D gallery. I can download one from the market that is just like it... but then I have two gallery apps. I can't delete the stock one... so if I try to run the gallery icon wit the -mot switch... it tells me it can't launch it. Is there a way to just uninstall the one that comes with it? And I can use the one from the market instead?

- is it just me... or did I have a different keyboard in apex v.1.0? I remeber the keys being black (or) darker... I kind if miss that.

Love the screen animation transitions. Very cool!

The script is working. The ROM comes with the Motorola gallery, that's why nothing is changing...

To get the 3d gallery, you run:

su
gallery -aosp

As for the keyboard, it was a judgement call to use a newer version as opposed to the old one. I will get an update.zip file to install the old themed version at some point in the future.

Nadious

Reaction score
Good Gravy.... im an idiot. I was mistyping AOSP on the switch and that's why I wasn't getting anything in return.when I ran the command. D'oh!

Awesome rom. Apex is the only rom I've tried so far... and everytime I wanna try something new... I just look how well this rom has run for me (especially compared to my coworkers on their stock motorola x) and just can't give it up. Thanks for the help and making a great quality ROM.

donballz

Reaction score
Hey, good work, thanks.

I flashed the NexTheme over the 2.3.320 without apex. I weirdo who actually likes blur and stock launcher. Seems to be working fine. Even got some of your custom animations which I wasn't expecting.

Anyway, everytime I receive a text, both Handcent and this weird messaging app display two of each message. The stock text app shows each one only once. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

I don't know why this would be your theme's fault but not sure where else to pose the question. Thanks.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Hey, good work, thanks.

I flashed the NexTheme over the 2.3.320 without apex. I weirdo who actually likes blur and stock launcher. Seems to be working fine. Even got some of your custom animations which I wasn't expecting.

Anyway, everytime I receive a text, both Handcent and this weird messaging app display two of each message. The stock text app shows each one only once. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

I don't know why this would be your theme's fault but not sure where else to pose the question. Thanks.

That "weird" messaging app is the official Android messaging app and the default app that comes with Apex, and that's why it's included with the theme.

You need to remove it, since you're running the default ROM. It's located in /system/app/Mms.apk

Use whatever method you're familiar with (adb, root explorer, etc.)