[ROM] ApeX 1.2 Series for Droid X - Functionality and Performance (12/7/10)

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Drag the shortcut but drop it in the same spot. It'll let you choose a different icon then.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

thepolishguy

Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for their help. But apparently us polish guys aren't so goodski on the communication.

I didn't need to find it in the market -I needed to find it on my phone. But Fab answered my question. ADW.Launcher is installed in /system/app/ and is named "launcher.apk". I was looking for something with ADW in it.

But yes - it is impossible to find in the android market. I still haven't found it there. But it is much easier to find on app brain.

So - thanks again everyone. I will work on my communication skills.

Big0013

Reaction score
First off I wanna say I love the flexibility of this rom and the speed. I do have a question. I'm on the nextheme apex 1.2 rom. I went into terminal and installed the newswidget.apk I added it to the home screen but it will not update. I just was looking for a fix to get it to sync. Thanks in advance.

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled and now it works.

Xerrus

Reaction score
Question...

Was referred to this rom by Miami, but i have a question. My previous ROM (Rubix focused) was installed for me by a friend. i've gone through the steps and am rdy to bootstrap this on load it up.

Im just wondering, after i install and reboot my phone will i have essentially a blank device? Apps, yes i know, contacts too, but i mean will i have to reconnect my phone to my network and set that stuff up? Since im erasing the data and cache as per install instructions i just wasnt sure if that would affect that aspect. Sorry, noob question but just a concern.

:)

hyperlite

Reaction score
Was referred to this rom by Miami, but i have a question. My previous ROM (Rubix focused) was installed for me by a friend. i've gone through the steps and am rdy to bootstrap this on load it up.

Im just wondering, after i install and reboot my phone will i have essentially a blank device? Apps, yes i know, contacts too, but i mean will i have to reconnect my phone to my network and set that stuff up? Since im erasing the data and cache as per install instructions i just wasnt sure if that would affect that aspect. Sorry, noob question but just a concern.

:)

You are correct, contacts and apps will be erased. If you aren't sure, be sure that your contacts are synced with a google account, as it makes restoring them much easier. You can sync a list of apps with AppBrain if you would like. Things stored on the SD card will not be touched (photos, downloads, etc).

droidxchat

Reaction score
@Fabolous, hey, I came over from Rubix, the only thing I'm really missing that rubix had was reboot in power menu. Do you know of any way to get that?

Soldier_One

Reaction score
Hey guys I have one more question. I just reinstalled the rom to get rid of my syncing icon problem and than installed the nex theme but I can't get the blur sms app to work. I tried running the script messaging -moto and it appears to work but when I click into the messaging app its still the stock messaging app. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Soldier_One

Reaction score
Oh wow my bad. I can't believe I overlooked that. I guess that sleep deprivation from finals is setting in! Thanks for the help though!

Reaction score
@Fabolous, hey, I came over from Rubix, the only thing I'm really missing that rubix had was reboot in power menu. Do you know of any way to get that?

I just start terminal

su
reboot

Or just turn it off and then turn it back on. It is kind of nifty to have tho...

Nadious

Reaction score
Ok. Total noon and dumb question here. This is my first Droid phone (Droid x) and I took a stab and put my first rom on here... which was apex v.1.0. I LOVE IT. Now... I see that version 1.0.2.x is out (which I need... came from a stock 2.2 ota update) but im confused on one thing. Most all threads I read talk about putting the rom on... but I haven't seen anything about updating to a newer version. So my question is this:

If I wanted to update my apex v1.0 to the latest out there... do I basically have to install the rom from scratch (like I did with apex the first time) or is there some sort of update method that allows me to keep all my settings, apps, etc.... without having to backup and restore everything from a new "install." Sorry for the noon question.... still learning as I go along.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
A lot of people have said that they went from 1.0 to 1.0.2.2 just fine without wiping data and cache, but I always like to err on the side of caution.

Doing a data and cache wipe will result in a clean install and is the best, surefire way to get a bug free installation.

Up to you though :D

yusky03

Reaction score
I just got everything reinstalled and setup the way I like it now the custom animations you added are no longer there. How do I get them back? I don't know what could have removed them I just installed the Revo theme and the alt battery.