Please reassure me this will be a "Pure" Google phone

StupidGenius

Reaction score
So here's the thing. DroidLife posted this image they claim came from Samsung's own site. There are several discrepencies you'll see right off the bat. First it lists it as "Nexus Prime", we know that won't be the case. Also the battery is stated as 1750 (we've heard the possiblilty of 1850), but those more knowledgable than myself say they're displaying a 2100. Again weird.

My concerns come from the battery cover. One, it shows a Verizon logo (not really a bid deal for me actually) but as far as I know none of the Nexus phones on any of the other carriers have had their logo them. Is this simply relational to the "4G LTE" logo below it? Previous images of the back of the phone only showed the 4G logo...no Verizon.

Two, and what concerns me most, is "Google" is nowhere to be found. I have said a number of times to people in this forum and other sites that "It's a Nexus, so it has to be Vanilla Android." Tell me I'm right, please. I'm sure these are placeholder images but that back cover kind of bothers me. Images and links below.

View attachment 42444
View attachment 42445
View attachment 42446

Battery Cover for Galaxy Nexus Headed to Verizon Pops Up at Samsung Site – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AFAIK It will be a Nexus Prime everywhere other than VZW. I'd have no reservations about saying it will be pure google.

OP
StupidGenius

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I thought the "Nexus Prime" name was no longer in play? It was never mentioned during the event in Hong Kong from what I remember.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's Galaxy Nexus for all carriers, that's just an old page they probably made when the name was still in pre-production.

As for it being vanilla, honestly, I can't see how Google would ever allow them to put something over the first ICS phone. The whole point of their Nexus devices in the past was to show off their new OS.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
People are really over reacting over this phone.

When the phone comes out we'll know about the vzw version.

It's a nexus. I don't get why people don't understand what that means. We've seen the nexus s on T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T. All known for bloatware and lock down phones.

Yet the nexus s is just what it is.

People take a chill pill. Your nexus whatever on vzw will be a pure virgin phone when you get it, and you can defile the crap out of it with your ROMs and what not.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
StupidGenius

StupidGenius

Reaction score
People are really over reacting over this phone.

When the phone comes out we'll know about the vzw version.

It's a nexus. I don't get why people don't understand what that means. We've seen the nexus s on T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T. All known for bloatware and lock down phones.

Yet the nexus s is just what it is.

People take a chill pill. Your nexus whatever on vzw will be a pure virgin phone when you get it, and you can defile the crap out of it with your ROMs and what not.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

LOL!! There you go. :biggrin:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for those, definitely a good sign.

Do you recall how soon you normally get training before a phone comes out with the operating system you're training for?