Looks nice: now post the release date

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
135.5 x 67.94 x 9.16 mm, 138g

Edit: This is what I've been told by the source, I don't personally have the device, just as a disclaimer.

Can you find out from your source how many mah the battery is? That would be much appreciated.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you find out from your source how many mah the battery is? That would be much appreciated.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Battery doesn't have markings. The assumption is it's the same 1750mAh.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
135.5 x 67.94 x 9.16 mm, 138g

Edit: This is what I've been told by the source, I don't personally have the device, just as a disclaimer.

That sounds very possible since the non LTE is 8.94 mm and every word is that the LTE version has to be a hair thicker for the LTE radio. Still can live with the size.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't heard anything about compatibility, although I imagine most if not all APPs will need at least minimal updates to work without bugs on ICS.

Creed

Reaction score
Your source probably doesn't know or can't say, but I figured I would ask, what is the battery life looking like on this phone? Can it last through a whole day? HDBlog.it seemed to imply that the model they tested (pre-release) could only handle 6 hours of moderate usage but I hope to god they are wrong.

Sorry if this is a silly questions or one that you can't answer but to me this is the most pertinent information since a bad battery basically means I have to thicken the phone more than I would like :(

Thanks again, and sorry for my english, not quite fluent yet but Google Translate helps me a lot :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't been told anything about the battery life. I believe the version this person has is still a test model, so it may not reflect actual battery life of the final product, hence why we haven't heard anything concrete.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Sorry, I haven't been told anything about the battery life. I believe the version this person has is still a test model, so it may not reflect actual battery life of the final product, hence why we haven't heard anything concrete.

Sounds about right. Plus, if they are still working with tweaking the LTE Radio, battery life will be all over the place until that is settled down.

Vakharn

Reaction score
I guess I just don't need as much storage space on my phone as most people because after 2 years of having my original Droid I still have 4 gigs free on the card, and I've never really deleted much off of it (except movies I've loaded on for a short time). It's surprising how far 16 gigs (or rather 14.5 or so usable) can go. Even if I were to wind up using more space on my Nexus (assuming I'm getting it, which is likely) I have stuff on my droid I don't use atm... so we shall see. Obviously I'd prefer the 32 gig version, but if that means shelling out $399 on contract instead of $299 I'll make due with 16 gigs.

I am extremely pleased to see how clean the face of this device is. No Verizon logo is a huge plus in my book as it always felt like it besmirched the otherwise clean face of my original droid. I hope that this is what the final version of the phone looks like.

Creed

Reaction score
Well thank you much for your very speedy reply! At risk of sounding annoying, any info on the speaker quality?

I also just want to say thank you for your constant stream of information you post on this forum, if anyone ever asks a questions you answer almost instantly with great information and without the arguments that often plague these boards. So thank you for that, so much of what I know about this phone is thanks to your insightful replies. So thanks, Liderc. :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My pleasure, I just recently befriended the person who received a test unit, so it's been exciting to be a voice for them.

Speaker is said to be quite good. Was said to not be quite as loud as the original Droid, but definitely high quality.

Edit: Oh yeah 1,000th post, Droid Ninja!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
My pleasure, I just recently befriended the person who received a test unit, so it's been exciting to be a voice for them.

Speaker is said to be quite good. Was said to not be quite as loud as the original Droid, but definitely high quality.

Hey, Yer a Ninja as of right now!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The front camera is so big. :blink:

That picture is blown up by about 25%, and the back light in your monitor will brighten the grey lense more than black, so it will probably be less visible in person.