OFFICIAL: 2.2/Froyo Issues and Support Thread [NON-ROOT]

orangemarmalade

Reaction score
hi im new here and i want froyo and flash very bad so tried this 2.2 without rooting and cant get it to work =/ can someone pm me a more detailed step by step direction?

------

ok so i just ended up rooting my phone now the question is how do i root it to 2.2 froyo? i followed the instruction to go back to 2.0.1 then got a system upgrade to 2.1 so im rooted with stock 2.1

Last edited:

CrimSk3tch

Reaction score
If you read the directions after you hit the start and your phone resets. You can just disconnect the phone cause you don't need the computer anymore. That program failed on me too but that program doesn't complete the install. Just fallow the instructions after that and you will be able to finish the install just make sure you chose the advance to select the Froyo recovery to complete the instill

First, thanks for your reply and efforts to clarify this issue.

But...I did read the directions, several times. It is still doing exactly what I stated above avery time. My phone does not reset after I hit start on RSDLITE, it just sits there for 3mins, then FAIL (as shown in picture). The only way to get my phone out of bootloader is to do a battery pull.

And, the directions to NOT state the phone resets. They state that YOU have to restart your phone in BOOTLOADER before you hit START (in order to flash phone). Right? You stated it backwards.

In any case, please read my post again and any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Also, I found other posts around here last night in another 2.1->2.2 thread stating other people are having this issue, and have to revert to 2.1 or root to get this to work....no thanks.

On a side note: Why do people still insist on posting antagonistic and frankly assinine remarks like "If you read the directions " when someone is clearly having problems with the directions posted? Either they have a problem reading the directions allready (which rereading won't help), OR they are just too stupid to follow them (in which case rereading wont help either). A more specific instruction, such as "...on the fourth paragraph under "HIT START BUTTON" it states BlaahBlaahBlahh, this should help..." would be more productive. But...this is the interwebs, so who cares about being productive or helpful...really?

OK... in line 4 as shown below it does say that the phone will restart here is it.

4) in rsdlite you should see the Start button, select it. Let the program run through and your phone will restart.

I cant explain why your phone isn't but try and see if you can continue through the rest of the install. If your not able to or your still having problems try PMing the person who made this since it seems not many people come on this thread anymore.

Sorry I don't have all the answers I only have one phone that I was able to do this with and haven't had many problems of my own

natedog4983

Reaction score
Ok i got this installed no problem but i can't get chrome2phone to work. It just gets stuck trying to register the phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the one provided on the second page. The name of the file is froyo-BS-20100606-2246

I'm not certain that with a non rooted phone you can get chrome2phone to work. :(

I'm actually surprised to see people loading this version of Froyo. It had issues with it that the newer versions (and rooted) don't have.

I haven't tried chrome2phone myself, I might give it a try. I have the latest version of Froyo installed.

I tried installing this and I couldn't find the extension for the chrome browser to make it work. Where did you get the extension for your browser?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wraith

Reaction score
Hmmm....got SPRecover...81 to flash using RSDlite at WORK computer (not in admin mode), AND installed update. Not sure why my home computer did not want to complete....maybe it needed to be in admin mode (unlike work computer)....anyways......UPDATED NOW!

dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....got SPRecover...81 to flash using RSDlite at WORK computer (not in admin mode), AND installed update. Not sure why my home computer did not want to complete....maybe it needed to be in admin mode (unlike work computer)....anyways......UPDATED NOW!

dancedroid

Yep, you need to run as an admin in Windows 7 I believe. Or is it Vista. Anyway, doesn't matter glad you got it going.

JimmyD

Reaction score
OK, I HAVE A STUPID 2.2 QUESTION...

(My Droid is currently not rooted.) When it eventually receives the official OTA 2.2 update, will I see any changes to the processor clock speed?

...or will I only be able to speed up the processor by rooting and overclocking like many have done?

My biggest goal with my Droid currently is to raise the processor speed. I'm debating if I should just wait for the official Froyo update or root and overclock.

If the official update will bump up my processor speed, I will be content with waiting a week or two (or I suppose a month or two as past version update history shows)

Ken_photo

Reaction score
should I remove Helix launcher befoer update

I'm using Helix Launcher instead of the stock home. Do I need to remove it before the 2.2 update? If not what will occur?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I'd like to know too.
I'm guessing if anything goes wrong though you can then do a factory reset, it will reset to 2.2stock, and you can then reinstall your apps. I think that's what I'll end up doing anyway, since I'm going to want to install apps to SD that are now installed to internal.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

wirezd

Reaction score
if i followed this guide and installed 2.2 on my phone are OTA updates automatically disabled? i want to make sure that my phone doesn't brick next week