Official FRF84B Froyo Issues, Changes, Solutions Thread

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Only thing I have seen is call ending stays black screen no Icons just top task bar , will refresh after 10 to 20 seconds .
From 2.1 to FRF84B 2.2 (Adobe Flash Beta 3) , data/cache wiped , rooted , ROM Manager install .

Last edited:

xconwayx

Reaction score
I have been very happy with it so far, the only problem I have had is while tethering. On all of the pre-2.2 ROMs, While tethered, either wired or wireless, my phone would stay fully charged as long as I had it plugged in via USB. Now, on all of the 2.2 ROMs I have tried, After using WiFi or USB Tether ( I use the apps downloaded from the market) for about an hour, my battery has dropped to about 80% and after a few more hours will be at 20%. My battery indicator shows charging, and if I turn off tethering, it will be fully charged again in about 30 minutes. It is almost as if tethering is keeping the battery from charging properly.
I am using the newly released FRF84B at the moment and aside from that issue, it has been great!

I envy your ability to tether. Period. I have the wireless tether for root users and I am unable to get it to work. Also, as previously stated I am unable to hard wire tether...

click on this link for working wifitether::MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Thanks for sharing this!

xconwayx

Reaction score
Just tried the Droid X repackaged multi-touch keyboard. No-go. Nothing but force closes. Too bad. I really wanted to give it a run.

Ditto, I can't wait to see if we can use this awesome feature.

papy72

Reaction score
I noticed in the stock music player that every album I have is listed twice. Any idea what I might be able to do to fix that?

I've tried running SDRescan, which had no affect.

Edit: Make that every music app has double albums now. Ugh.
Just in case anyone else comes across this issue, I had to wipe all the music from my Droid, rescan the SD card, then load the music and rescan again to make the double albums disappear.

nyijedi

Reaction score
It seems like redrawing the icons and widgets on the home screen when opening/closing the keyboard is a lot slower on this froyo build - even with minimum icons/widgets. I've noticed this in both LauncherPro and the stock launcher. Anyone have any input on this?

jimmyjava

Reaction score
Video Recording force close prob + fix

Every time I tried to record video (on every setting imaginable), the camera app would freeze after 2-5 seconds, and force close. I'm running bb 0.4, with Chevy01's ultra low voltage 800Mhz kernel and smoked glass theme.

FIX: I changed the kernel to Chevery01's low voltage 800MHz. Did the trick!

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
anyone get barnacle wi-fi tether to work with this rom? trying to connect to itouch with no luck what so ever.

...having same issues, running 2.2 frf84b clean, chevyno1 LV 1.0ghz.. I've read that Wifi hotspot on other phones is choking with 2.2, but haven't gotten a clear answer on wifi tether on Motorola Droid.. which apps are working, which ones are not, and are any fixes needed to get them to work..

Last edited:

Bdog

Reaction score
Is there any way to turn off the sliding lock thing but still keep the PIN password on?

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
Ok installed this rom last night rebooted this morning to show a friend my boot animation of the android guy pissing on the apple and now some app icons are gone for programs (Pandora, Flixter, Google Sky Maps and Jewels) and these apps are missing in the app drawer but they work if I select them from a home screen. Any ideas?

Just remembered these were app I moved to the sd card moved back to phone reboot and........... bam they are back!

Pardon my ignorance, but is this how Apps2SD should work? Should we have to put them back on the phone and reboot to see them in the app drawer? I'm not complaining, just curious.