OFFICIAL: 2.2/Froyo Issues and Support Thread [NON-ROOT]

jbg25

Reaction score
ok got market working again. data wipe once again and it slowly started working

edit: market works....when it wants too. and system seems to lag a lot. astro is finiky. check all apps I want to reinstall...hit install and astro tells me i never selected anything.

I am having the exact same problem. Are you by chance running JRummy's Froyo Kangerade?

I also notice that my phone idles between 27C and 33C...on CM 5.0.7.1 I was idling between 17C and 22C. I am using P3droids 125-1100 kernel for 2.2.

Last edited:

rjm5151

Reaction score
Ive got the correct drivers downloaded by computer will not notice anythign when i plug in the phone on the bootloader screen. on the screen it even says transfer mode: usb.

any ideas?

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Ive got the correct drivers downloaded by computer will not notice anythign when i plug in the phone on the bootloader screen. on the screen it even says transfer mode: usb.

any ideas?

Did you in fact install the drivers after you downloaded them? I had a brain fart when I downloaded the drivers and forgot to actually install them and I had the same message: USB connected but it would not actually communicate with the phone.

M3-ADDICT

Reaction score
I wish someone did a Youtube Video of Step by Step on this. I'd love to watch and make sure everything I'm doing is perfect, so we don't all brick the phone. Some of the Pro's should please consider taking 30min of their time and make this video. Put the Camera on Tri-Pod and go for it.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Possible Photobucket small issue... I have noticed that I need to sign in to Photobucket once in a while to get my photos to auto upload. Before 2.2 I always was signed in.
Since I got the phone in December and added the Photobucket app I never had to re-sign in until recently and now it seems like a weekly thing. More of an annoyance than anything.

Anyone else use PB and have the same problem?

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
after installing froyo, whenever i turn my phone off it vibrates...how do i turn that off?

KidCuda

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue install Google Maps 4.3 update on Froyo? Just came out not too long ago. This brought me back to reality that I'm not on stock 2.1 anymore.

soondala

Reaction score
i am stuck on step "(4) in rsdlite you should see the Start button, select it. Let the program run through and your phone will restart." The "Start Button" remains grayed out and i can not click on it. Can anyone help?

briankeith513

Reaction score
I used this method to upgrade to 2.2 for nonrooted Droids, but it doesn't fully sync my contacts, so some of them don't show at all. Is there a fix for this? Also, how do I go back to stock 2.1?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I don't know if that's a Froyo issue, I had to reset my stock 2.1 Droid recently and I was missing recent changes to contacts. ..maybe a Google brain fart?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

KSR

Reaction score
Could you help me with the "RSDLite" section from the first page? =P

I'm still really new to all of this but I don't know which of the files I have to download, rather it be the 32-bit or the 64-bit. How do I determine which one I will need to download?

CKyle22

Reaction score
Are you running Vista or Windoes 7? If so just go to Computer and press System properties. It should tell you under System type. :)

LatinaC09

Reaction score
I'm about to attempt to put 2.2 on my droid but i do have a question:
My Motorola Droid is not rooted. I bought it in May. Do I have to go through the process of rooting before I attempt this? Or can I put 2.2 without rooting my phone? I do realize that once I put 2.2 on my phone it will be rooted.