New baseband too??

Reaction score
I have the newest one applied. No issues, just feel like my 3G was stronger on the last one. Can someone tell me if I'm able to go back to the 1st leaked baseband? I have a feeling it's not as easy as just flashing that file, but here's to hoping!

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Did a speed test prior to install. I was at 877kbps download. Exact same location after download (and re-activation) and came in at 1081kpbs. Upload increased as well

ipawd1

Reaction score
I cant HEAR anything when its time for me to activate my phone. Exactly what do I press? (with this new baseband)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the newest one applied. No issues, just feel like my 3G was stronger on the last one. Can someone tell me if I'm able to go back to the 1st leaked baseband? I have a feeling it's not as easy as just flashing that file, but here's to hoping!

I think it is that easy.

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
I thought I had read somewhere that if you had a particular version you needed to update to another baseband prior to using this update? I am currently using C_01.3E.03P right now.

Am I able to update to this version w/o any issues?

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
thanks jroc. I found a article on droid-life about it after my post. Thanks for the confirmation though.

ak68

Reaction score
Dumb Move

I'm doing a work assignment in Alaska for a couple of years and I updated my droid with BB new Froyo ROM and then added the newest baseband. Bad Move. I wasn't thinking that I needed to reactivate my phone and you can't do it outside of the lower 48 states even though I get good Verizon service in Alaska. I guess I'll mail it to a friend and have them do the *2289 for me.

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
I tried installing the new baseband and nothing... I still have 43.00P, I'm installing via ROM manager by INSTALLING FROM SD... should I do it differently?

arw01

Reaction score
You are supposed to able to do it online. Maybe give that a try?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried installing the new baseband and nothing... I still have 43.00P, I'm installing via ROM manager by INSTALLING FROM SD... should I do it differently?

I think u are on the latest. The one before it was C_01.41.00R, the latest one version is in that link I posted.

Reaction score
I'm doing a work assignment in Alaska for a couple of years and I updated my droid with BB new Froyo ROM and then added the newest baseband. Bad Move. I wasn't thinking that I needed to reactivate my phone and you can't do it outside of the lower 48 states even though I get good Verizon service in Alaska. I guess I'll mail it to a friend and have them do the *2289 for me.

Probably just a typo, but you want "*22899" (at least that's what I've always used with success.)

ak68

Reaction score
typo

Yea it was a typo. I sent my droid off to my brother today. He should get it Monday and can activate it for me. I did a direct dial shortcut to *22899 for him. I should have my droid back by the middle of next week with a working new baseband and Bugless Beast froyo based rom. Happy Happy!!!