OFFICIAL: 2.2/Froyo Issues and Support Thread [NON-ROOT]

andjarnic

Reaction score
I notice a bit of lag from time to time from the app drawer launcher. I don't know why that is.. sometimes it just seems to freeze for a good 10 seconds or so, then it starts working fine.

I don't think what we have is the official 2.2 release tho.. so there are bound to be some issues with it. I don't see the wi-fi hotspot option either on mine.

tribeguy1971

Reaction score
flash 10.1

i did the update and have 2 questions so far . 1st my google maps wont install . ? what do i do ? 2nd where do you find flash 10.1 in the market ? i have tried every combination i can and do not get it anywhere . please help . thanks !

andjarnic

Reaction score
How do you get your apps to download again? The first time I did this yesterday, about 1/2 hour later my 45 apps and settings were all there. I did it again today with the 1000 OC kernel, and none of my apps are downloading. I have all the sync's turned on too.

arw01

Reaction score
mine is working on Bluetooth dialing. None of the other voice commands through blue tooth seem to work. I have dialed a half dozen people from my bluetooth headset.

Anomander

Reaction score
Ok, had some problems getting Froyo to install, but managed to work through it. I think what hung me up was that I had a folder on my SD Cared already that was nandroid, so when I would restore it would not work right. Deleted that one and took my folder with the froyo in it and just renamed it to nandroid and it worked. Though the first time it hung on the "android" loading screen, so I went back and did a factory reset 3x and redid the restore and it came up with no problems.

It sucks loosing my apps, but on the flip side at least I now have a clean phone and can re-download the ones I really like. Now I know I should not be rooted, but why under my apps drawer is the superuser permissions icon? is that from SPR?

Last edited:

tambo

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to the droid(it's barely a day old) but I love both. Just a few questions about updating to Froyo. From what quite a few people are saying when you update to Froyo it root's the phone, Can this be undone to get the OTA update? Also when you wipe the phone do you lose all your contacts or how does that work?

Thanks guys.

balticzar

Reaction score
Guys, at my wits end here. Have been unable to install Froyo with Clockwork abd can't fig out how to go back to SPRecovery. Everytime I boot into recovery with Clockwork the Froyo folder (2010-06-08.03.05.55) is not accessible. I've tried putting it in the nandroid folder or even creatinmg a sdcard/clockwork/backup folder because there wasn't a "clockwork" there. There was a "clockworkmod" folder but no plan clockwork folder with a backup folder inside of that. Never had these issues with SPRecovery.

Ever since I downloaded Rom Manager this damn Clockwork has been the bane of my existence. Any help greatly appreciated. Sucks to be Froyo-less while everyone else plays.

Mamba94

Reaction score
I have followed the instructions of the OP and many other guides in this forum, however once i copy the froyo nandroid file and do a restore i get stuck at the moto logo in a loop. I have cleared data and cache many times and can't get past it. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

wirezd

Reaction score
how can we boot into recovery after this? I'm stuck at the boot animation, do I just battery pull then reboot it while holding down x? the moto M is popping up the second i put the battery back in...

ahendric

Reaction score
froyo install now no battery

Good morning,

I decide to bite the bullet and install froyo last night. I was using the following steps:

Stock 2.1 to 2.2 Froyo Step By Step installation (Dr. Martin)

Around step 17 or 30 the phone led came on red. Prior to starting this the charge was 90%. Finished out the install and still the red led was on. Unplugged it from the [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]USB[/COLOR][/COLOR] and plugged it into the wall charger (came with it). Went to bed to let it update everything.

This morning the led is still on and it says the battery is out. I have done a battery pull and that didn't help. The only thing I haven't done is to try another charger, but since it went from 90 to 0 in less than 10 minutes I feel that there is something else going on.

Thanks for your help.

Andy

K

kbatrph

I got Froyo on my Droid, but in order to do it, I had to do some "creative" things which left me with no root, but also no 2.1 backup.....what can i do to put 2.1 back on my Droid?

gothicfreek

Reaction score
weird problem

im trying to playback a video on my phone. i am rooted and running the new onix rom and running at 1ghz. but the thing is that every once in a while it will freeze but the audio will keep going. its not the sd card i have checked it from my computer. i have flashed it and tried it on my friends phone and his as no problems. it only started happening once i updated to froyo. any ideas?