Official FRF84B Froyo Issues, Changes, Solutions Thread

shooter_454

Reaction score
I installed FRF84b yesterday all went well,so today I added Fab's Droid X theme and chevy's 1200 med kernel,with this kernel on Quadrant i'm getting high 15 to mid 16 right after I installed.All my apps install without any problems,I did flash back to box stock and did a factory reset before I installed the FRF84b.Very happy dancedroid

Last edited:

papy72

Reaction score
Wired tether goes to a verizon page. Any ideas?
Is the wired tether part of the standard Froyo package, or something you added on? If it's stock then I imagine that VZ has made it so you have to buy their addon to use it.

Yes, I have not added ANYTHING. I did the standard Wireless & networks, from there selected tether. I type in google.com, it'll sit there for a bit and turn. Then brings up the nice Verizon page.
Then yes, that is the standard Froyo tether program, which is not free.

I would suggest doing a market search for "wireless tether". There is a free app that will turn your phone into a network hotspot.

xconwayx

Reaction score
I have been very happy with it so far, the only problem I have had is while tethering. On all of the pre-2.2 ROMs, While tethered, either wired or wireless, my phone would stay fully charged as long as I had it plugged in via USB. Now, on all of the 2.2 ROMs I have tried, After using WiFi or USB Tether ( I use the apps downloaded from the market) for about an hour, my battery has dropped to about 80% and after a few more hours will be at 20%. My battery indicator shows charging, and if I turn off tethering, it will be fully charged again in about 30 minutes. It is almost as if tethering is keeping the battery from charging properly.
I am using the newly released FRF84B at the moment and aside from that issue, it has been great!

I envy your ability to tether. Period. I have the wireless tether for root users and I am unable to get it to work. Also, as previously stated I am unable to hard wire tether...

diverbelow

Reaction score
So far so good. The Market searched for a while but its good. A lot of people are complaining that the links are down so I'm reupping some. What I've noticed:

- The updated Maps works FINE.
- Trying the Droid X keyboard now..hopefully it doesnt force close
- Chrome to Phone still works.
- Nexus Theme from the Bugless 0.3 works (scary, right)
- Rom Manager works
- The normal default launcher works as well. No lag with the 3d app drawer.
- Dont see apps2sd....?

I'll come back with more.

How is your Droid X keyboard working for you? If are not experiencing any issues, is your version for 2.1?

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone check the icons for apps installed to SD? When you reboot, they are lost, replaced with standard droid icons.

I wiped and tested this with pete's virgin froyo as well, same thing.

I don't believe I had the issue with the second initial leak of froyo, just frf84 as of yesterday.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is the wired tether part of the standard Froyo package, or something you added on? If it's stock then I imagine that VZ has made it so you have to buy their addon to use it.

Yes, I have not added ANYTHING. I did the standard Wireless & networks, from there selected tether. I type in google.com, it'll sit there for a bit and turn. Then brings up the nice Verizon page.
Then yes, that is the standard Froyo tether program, which is not free.

I would suggest doing a market search for "wireless tether". There is a free app that will turn your phone into a network hotspot.

PDANET.....................dancedroid

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
I renamed the file to update.zip and put it on the SDcard - wiped 3 times, then went to install and the install aborted....what am I doing wrong?

I am running the prior froyo release from a couple weeks ago, fyi.

If you are using sp recovery you do not rename to update.zip instead you should rename to update the .zip part will be added automatically. If you rename the file to update.zip then your phone will read it as update.zip.zip

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
I have been very happy with it so far, the only problem I have had is while tethering. On all of the pre-2.2 ROMs, While tethered, either wired or wireless, my phone would stay fully charged as long as I had it plugged in via USB. Now, on all of the 2.2 ROMs I have tried, After using WiFi or USB Tether ( I use the apps downloaded from the market) for about an hour, my battery has dropped to about 80% and after a few more hours will be at 20%. My battery indicator shows charging, and if I turn off tethering, it will be fully charged again in about 30 minutes. It is almost as if tethering is keeping the battery from charging properly.
I am using the newly released FRF84B at the moment and aside from that issue, it has been great!

I envy your ability to tether. Period. I have the wireless tether for root users and I am unable to get it to work. Also, as previously stated I am unable to hard wire tether...

click on this link for working wifitether::MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

chicojd

Reaction score
Just tried the Droid X repackaged multi-touch keyboard. No-go. Nothing but force closes. Too bad. I really wanted to give it a run.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Car Home Gone

Well, in a case of major stupidity I saw that I had two car homes and I decided i didn't need but one. So I deleted it through Root Explorer yesterday.

Didn't think much about it but I looked today and now I have no car home. I have an .apk file for it in Root Explorer but when I try to install it I get an install failed message.

Any ideas? I'd like to have at least 1 car home.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i noticed i had two car homes as well, but was afraid to touch it... i'm glad you asked b/c i forgot about that!

chicojd

Reaction score
No market access to Skype... Not important to me, but this may affect other Verizon-only apps.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
After installing FRF84B, videos taken with my phone are VERY choppy when i replay them. When i record ,everything seems fine, but the videos taken with my phone are just horrible now...

papy72

Reaction score
OMG edited to erase my utter stupidity.

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
After installing FRF84B, videos taken with my phone are VERY choppy when i replay them. When i record ,everything seems fine, but the videos taken with my phone are just horrible now...

Just shot a vid and playback looked ok from my end in gallery ... video was shot at high (30M) ... no issues that I could see on my unit.