Even More Froyo

knol

Reaction score
I can't get this update to work. I reboot into sprecovery and wipe my data and cache a few times. After that I run the update.zip and it says it installs correctly, and then I reboot, and I'm in 2.1-update1... kernal version 2.6.29-omap1-p3Droid

I've gone in and deleted the update and re-dumped it back into the root of my sd, and I still get the same results.

knol

Reaction score
I can't get this update to work. I reboot into sprecovery and wipe my data and cache a few times. After that I run the update.zip and it says it installs correctly, and then I reboot, and I'm in 2.1-update1... kernal version 2.6.29-omap1-p3Droid

I've gone in and deleted the update and re-dumped it back into the root of my sd, and I still get the same results.
Nevermind I had a brain fart. Apparently, it's waaaay past my bed time.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
i dont know if anyone else has said that but this thread is 30 something pages long and i dont have time to look right now, will later tho probably. so after flashing this, all my apps restored and it had the notification saying that. but when i go to my market downloads there are only 5 apps in there so that means i cant update my apps. and it says they're installed when i search then in the market because it gives me the option to open or uninstall from there. any help?

dmartins

Reaction score
i dont know if anyone else has said that but this thread is 30 something pages long and i dont have time to look right now, will later tho probably. so after flashing this, all my apps restored and it had the notification saying that. but when i go to my market downloads there are only 5 apps in there so that means i cant update my apps. and it says they're installed when i search then in the market because it gives me the option to open or uninstall from there. any help?
Have you applied the Market_fix_FRF84b.zip?

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
Anyone else having spotty issues with GPS. Sometimes it works, most time it sits on "finding route" and then Gertrude says "Data lost" or something like that.

Never happened before on any other Froyo roms I've tried.

Same here.

I installed one of my older back-ups to get Nav back. I use it a lot, so losing nav was not an option.

jsternbe

Reaction score
Anyone else having spotty issues with GPS. Sometimes it works, most time it sits on "finding route" and then Gertrude says "Data lost" or something like that.

Same here.

I installed one of my older back-ups to get Nav back. I use it a lot, so losing nav was not an option.

I think that its a problem with Google's servers. A lot of people have had that problem over the past few days and many of them have not upgraded to Froyo.

Z

ZeroBarrier

That happens sometimes, if you download any app that you've never downloaded then the market refreshes the apps listed in the downloads section and they'll reaper there; then you can uninstall the app that you installed if you want to.

Anomander

Reaction score
updated to the latest build of Froyo tonight. I tried to do it without wiping the data, but got stuck in the endless boot. Wiped the data/cache 3 times and reinstalled the update and it came up with no problems.

I had all my apps backed up with Titanium, but since I wiped it and signed back into my phone Google should push all my apps the phone again? Is there a way to have Titanium installed first then have it just restore all my apps and bypass the downloading of it all again?

gt_nfr

Reaction score

This happened to me. But I think this was due to the kernel I installed. What kernel are you using?

bassjason

Reaction score

I've been having problems with mine

squeaky

Reaction score

I've been having problems with mine

my cousin was having the same problems on his stock 2.1 droid this week and his wive's stock Eris. Later that day i drove through the same area with my 2.2 droid and it was fine. Sounds like an issue on Google's side

tahdor

Reaction score
I already had first leak of Froyo with P3D 125-600 LV kernel. It was running fine, in fact great.

I downloaded this release. Now I have several problems.

1. The boot sequence is very slow compared to what I had.
2. Something force closes just after boot.
3. My apps do not get downloaded automatically. They were downloaded automatically when I first installed Froyo.
4. The droid is very laggy after the boot. but becomes fine after afew minutes and when I kill running apps with Advanced Task Killer.

I restored my previous froyo using nandroid restore and everything was fine again.

I tried installing this Froyo, but same problems again. I wiped data and cache multiple time before install and after install.

I am back to my nendroid backed up Froyo.

Do anybody know, what I may be doing wrong.

Why phone is booting slow (takes twice the time, and I can see animation of 'Droid' appearing and then red eye is very slow).

SOme thing force closes after re boot.

It takes half a minute or more to get verizon signal after boot.

My apps do not get downloaded automatically.

I didn;t find anybody else complaining about these issues, so It just be me. Any tips ?

Thanks

Anomander

Reaction score
I already had first leak of Froyo with P3D 125-600 LV kernel. It was running fine, in fact great.

I downloaded this release. Now I have several problems.

1. The boot sequence is very slow compared to what I had.
2. Something force closes just after boot.
3. My apps do not get downloaded automatically. They were downloaded automatically when I first installed Froyo.
4. The droid is very laggy after the boot. but becomes fine after afew minutes and when I kill running apps with Advanced Task Killer.

I restored my previous froyo using nandroid restore and everything was fine again.

I tried installing this Froyo, but same problems again. I wiped data and cache multiple time before install and after install.

I am back to my nendroid backed up Froyo.

Do anybody know, what I may be doing wrong.

Why phone is booting slow (takes twice the time, and I can see animation of 'Droid' appearing and then red eye is very slow).

SOme thing force closes after re boot.

It takes half a minute or more to get verizon signal after boot.

My apps do not get downloaded automatically.

I didn;t find anybody else complaining about these issues, so It just be me. Any tips ?

Thanks
I Have noticed the same problems except the apps downloading automatically. All of my apps are there. I rarley reboot my phone so it taking a little longer to boot up is a non issue for me. Though it is annoying waiting a couple minutes once I am back on for the verizon signal to come back. Once everything thing is done and backup the phone works just fine. No speed issues, though I get an occasional hiccup now and then for some apps taking to long to boot up.

I almost wonder if it was something that I moved from the phone memory to the SD memory. I moved SetCPU and I do not think that was good move so I moved that back to phone memory. I'm assuming when the phone boots up it will pull from internal memory first then SD Memory?

tahdor

Reaction score
I Have noticed the same problems except the apps downloading automatically. All of my apps are there. I rarley reboot my phone so it taking a little longer to boot up is a non issue for me. Though it is annoying waiting a couple minutes once I am back on for the verizon signal to come back. Once everything thing is done and backup the phone works just fine. No speed issues, though I get an occasional hiccup now and then for some apps taking to long to boot up.

I almost wonder if it was something that I moved from the phone memory to the SD memory. I moved SetCPU and I do not think that was good move so I moved that back to phone memory. I'm assuming when the phone boots up it will pull from internal memory first then SD Memory?

Thanks. Atleast I am not alone.