Official FRF84B Froyo Issues, Changes, Solutions Thread

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
cant find chrome to phone, anyone else have the same problem?

Similar to adobe flash, use astro to install. Should still be on your sdcard.

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
Last edited:

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
anyone get barnacle wi-fi tether to work with this rom? trying to connect to itouch with no luck what so ever.

silentbob343

Reaction score
I see the install instructions for busybox, but can you no longer install busybox from the market?

Well I just downloaded busybox from the market and installed without issue, not using the cmd line instructions.

Last edited:

dmartins

Reaction score
The update worked fine except that several of my apps, including paid ones were not installed. They also seem to be completely missing from the market. These include bTunes and Weather Bug Elite. I'm not sure if they are really missing or if the phone is filtering them for some reason.
I created a fix so all the 2.1 apps show.
Once installed you should see voles-user 2.2 FRF84B 42477 release-keys as the Build Number.

Ludacrosse05

Reaction score
Every time I try and use Pandora my Droid completely freezes up, takes a **** and then forces me to do a battery pull.

Homescreen doesn't rotate.

Automatic updating in the market doesn't work.

Some widgets show up in the launcher - the Pure widget series (messenger, music, not sure about calendar because I don't have it)

Will update when I find more bugs.

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is what I noticed:

Anything installed to SD on this install will not show up in market automatically.

Anything installed to SD will not show it's icon on a power cycle, I tested this by eventually moving all 5 apps I have that are capable of this back to the phone, power cycle, and the shortcuts on the DT and in ADW shortcut drawer were still there.

Moved one app to SD, wi fi analyzer, then rebooted phone, app still there, works, but icon is standard android replacement icon, not the program icon I selected.

Now, that said, can anyone with the pete released virgin frf84b see if that occurs as well to them?

Other than that, it was amazing to see that with all my apps installed, I went from 69Mb free back up to the 140's ... Nice.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the multitouch keyboard to work with the Froyo roms? It works very well with 2.1 and I would really like to get it working.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The update worked fine except that several of my apps, including paid ones were not installed. They also seem to be completely missing from the market. These include bTunes and Weather Bug Elite. I'm not sure if they are really missing or if the phone is filtering them for some reason.
Once installed you should see voles-user 2.2 FRF84B 42477 release-keys as the Build Number.
Sorry to sound stupid, my main issue I'm having is my Beautiful Widgets and WB Elite are missing now. They work, but can't update if an update would come out. Is this an install where you put it on the SD card, rename it to update.zip and use SPRecovery?

dmartins

Reaction score
Sorry to sound stupid, my main issue I'm having is my Beautiful Widgets and WB Elite are missing now. They work, but can't update if an update would come out. Is this an install where you put it on the SD card, rename it to update.zip and use SPRecovery?
Oops.
Yea just install as an update.zip.
Worked fine for me in SPRecovery.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the multitouch keyboard to work with the Froyo roms? It works very well with 2.1 and I would really like to get it working.

No one has solved that one yet. It may end up awaiting the X to get 2.2 first, then ported over easily. Right now a hold up is the dictionary integration (I believe).

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oops.
Yea just install as an update.zip.
Worked fine for me in SPRecovery.
Ok thanks, but if I install that, I get my 2.1 apps back, will the Market not realize I'm using 2.2 and not give me access to 2.2 available apps in the market? That's my biggest fear.