OFFICIAL: 2.2/Froyo Issues and Support Thread [NON-ROOT]

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This thread is to be used STRICTLY for reporting issues and support/solutions for NON-ROOT 2.2 users ONLY.

~Please keep this thread clean of extraneous comments about 2.2 so that people reporting issues and seeking help can find the information easily~

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/motorola-droid/2513-non-rooted-users-guide-get-froyo.html

MDW also has a thread on this and my instructions were copied from MDW with thier permission.....

Thanks again

Miami

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am still working on getting the details finalized. Please be patient with me as we will have all the information here as well as files and instructions

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Users: A Guide to get Froyo

First Welcome to Froyo, Please enjoy it.

Next This guide only works with a Windows computer. (yes I have something against Apple)

Last please download the following files before we begin.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
RSDLite

RSDLite4.6.msi (RSDLite 4.6)
Unpack files and place on desktop

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service ... _4.2.0.zip (32-bit Motorola USB Drivers)
or
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service ... _4.2.0.zip (64-bit Motorola USB Drivers)

Make sure to install the correct drivers for your operating system
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Download the new recovery -- SPR Recovery Provided by MBM

SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf

(I downloaded directly to my desktop, but wherever you download it to be sure to remember where)

Download the nandroid file to your computer. Unzip the file and take the folder inside and place it on your desktop. (or wherever you will remember it)

1) attach Droid to computer and turn on USB Storage.
2) open windows explorer, create a folder on the SD card named - nandroid
3) take the folder you extracted (froyo-BS-20100605-0631) and copy it to the nandroid folder on your droid sdcard.

We now have everything we need to take you from your ROM to Froyo (Andriod 2.2)

1) Start the program Rsdlite
2) click on the three (...) dots and open the sbf file we saved to desktop (or wherever you saved it go and find it, then open it)

3) Turn off your Droid, slide open the keyboard. Press the d-pad right (if holding portrait) or up (if you are holding it landscape). Continue to hold the dpad while pressing the power button. This will restart your phone in the bootloader.

4) in rsdlite you should see the Start button, select it. Let the program run through and your phone will restart.

5) unplug your phone we are done with the computer.

6) Turn your phone back off

7) Slide open keyboard and hold down the x button, and press the power button.

8) You are now in SP Recovery, Go to restore/backup

9) Select backup

10) When finished hit the power button

11) Select Reboot Phone

12) Repeat steps 7 and 8.

13) Select restore (should be labeled Froyo)

14) When finished hit the power button

You will now have froyo​

Last edited by a moderator:

C5O

Reaction score
Thanks a lot everyone for making this possible.

Theres no nandroid file.

LittleCarp04

Reaction score
Will this cause loss of WiFi Connectivity like I have read on other forums?

naccout

Reaction score
Trying it now. First thing I've tried to do to my phone, I'll let you know when I brick it :p