Even More Froyo

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you guys do a wipe between installations of the different Froyos? If not that's probably why you are seeing a lag.

tahdor

Reaction score
Did you guys do a wipe between installations of the different Froyos? If not that's probably why you are seeing a lag.

Yes. Tried all combinations.
Wipe, then Install Update.zip.
Install then Wipe.
Wipe, Install, Wipe.

Tried multiple times wipe then install and then multiple times wipe. Exact same result every time.

Anomander

Reaction score
First time I tried to install over the previous one Froyo. Got stuck in an endless boot so I did the wipe 3 times and installed. That worked fine. If I have to go and reboot my phone again sometime I'll grab my stopwatch and time it until I get my Wireless signal.

tahdor

Reaction score
Installed again. Then installed LV-125-600-v32kernel.zip kernel. Droid is now as fast as earlier froyo.

I had to do all my settings manually and install my apps manually :-(. Bit everything is working now and is fast and stable.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I experienced a slow boot up and a less than snappy UI with this leak but when I switch to BB v0.4 all of that went away. I'm waiting for FRF91* or some variation for the Droid. I know 84B isn't the last revision and 91* probably won't be either. Aside from all the feature Froyo promised I am quite disappointed with this update. Android 3.0 is expected in October but I wonder if there will be a port of 3.0 for the Droid since rumor has it 3.0 is only for devices rocking a 1GHz or higher CPU.

I also find it odd that with Froyo Google still didn't add an option to set a custom sound for Voicemail and they still haven't added an audio equalizer to the media player.

Anomander

Reaction score
Installed again. Then installed LV-125-600-v32kernel.zip kernel. Droid is now as fast as earlier froyo.

I had to do all my settings manually and install my apps manually :-(. Bit everything is working now and is fast and stable.
I wonder if I can get away with installing the Kernel and not Froyo again.

I think I am missing apps due to doing a massive download of Market apps for updates at one time and having them install. I remember it crashing during the installation of some apps and I no longer have my Homerun battle 3D, Documents to Go key, and Andwobble (funny Live Wallpaper creator) Key. What is strange is I do not see them on Titanium either and I know I backed everything up before I put on the new Froyo.

tahdor

Reaction score

I think I am missing apps due to doing a massive download of Market apps for updates at one time and having them install. I remember it crashing during the installation of some apps and I no longer have my Homerun battle 3D, Documents to Go key, and Andwobble (funny Live Wallpaper creator) Key. What is strange is I do not see them on Titanium either and I know I backed everything up before I put on the new Froyo.

I believe you can install just the kernel without wipe. I am not sure, because I did wipe. Anyway, a nandroid backup followed by kernel install cannot harm. If you go in reboot loop, you can restore nandroid backup.

LT*

Reaction score
I noticed that the baseband that came with FRF84b on my phone is C_01.3E.03P. I'd like to try out the newest baseband C_01.43.01P since my reception at home is sketchy at times. Have there been any issues installing this over the old version?

tahdor

Reaction score
I noticed that the baseband that came with FRF84b on my phone is C_01.3E.03P. I'd like to try out the newest baseband C_01.43.01P since my reception at home is sketchy at times. Have there been any issues installing this over the old version?
I am running C_01.43.01P with FRF84B without any problem.

LT*

Reaction score
I am running C_01.43.01P with FRF84B without any problem.

Great, I'll give it a try and see if it improves. Thanks.

Anomander

Reaction score

I believe you can install just the kernel without wipe. I am not sure, because I did wipe. Anyway, a nandroid backup followed by kernel install cannot harm. If you go in reboot loop, you can restore nandroid backup.
Ok, tried the Standard Volt and Low Voltage Froyo Kernels. Still getting slow bootups, so once I am back from my trip next week I'll go and reinstall froyo after doing some wipe downs. Hopefully that fixes the issues. I'll probably keep the LV 125-1000-v32kernel though. I can't remember which kernel the latest froyo build comes with.

Anomander

Reaction score
Update. I decided to wipe data/cache 3 times and install the new froyo again. everything went well and phone booted into stock settings very fast and no problems. Now instead of signing in google I just skipped and went to the phone. Downloaded Titanium Backup and had that install my apps (note to self must do donation so I do not manually have to do the apps one by one :D) and then signed into google to get my contacts. Rebooted the phone and once again I get the longer bootup process. I'm susupecting I either have a service or app that is causing the phone. I also get the message "Process system is not responding". I then tell it to wait and everything will load up just fine. Not sure what is going on, but no big deal since I hardly ever turn off my phone. I just charge it each night and am good to go.