OFFICIAL: 2.2/Froyo Issues and Support Thread [NON-ROOT]

Reaction score
this is really making me kinda pissed..after i installed froyo, i factory reset just to get everything FRESH, and behold..some apps that are PAID for are missing from my downloads section in the market. anyone with a cure?

Shadowman

Reaction score
Okay. I was feeling pretty good. Did Got through the backup. Then did the restore. And it seems to have restored my backup, rather than the new Froyo. Help?

harv2000

Reaction score
2.2 Tethering, my experience

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I installed the canonical 2.2 (Froyo) last night and noted that the tethering option was there in settings. Plugged into a PC, touched "tether", the PC immediately showed as connected to "Network" and the Droid showed tethering as active. Brought up the browser and got the Verizon "call to pay your bill" page offering $20 for 2Gig (better than nothing).

So, today, I called. The sales rep was puzzled that she couldn't find the code to add tethering, so she escalated me to a tech. After struggling with it for a while, the tech said that not only should tethering work, but hotspot should work as well and he was puzzled that he couldn't add it. He'll call back tomorrow after he has gotten that fixed. We'll see.

As a sidebar, while working with me, he had me run through the *228 update, which, now, connects to phone mail and not roaming update. Not sure what that's all about.

orangemarmalade

Reaction score
the processor clock speed will not increase with the update... android will run faster though

why do you want to raise the processor speed?

More importantly, why wouldn't you want to? I can think of a hundred reasons to overclock, and only 1 not to...
a hundred? wow!

Well for one, your battery will get used up faster

honestly i debated with myself over and over if i should root or not and now that i did i dont even care if the official version comes out or not.
all things your capable of doin when rooted is hella effin awesome. and if
everything is set right your battery life shouldnt be a problem. in some cases imo you could even make the battery life better... so i say...
go root now! what are you waiting for? lol:)

Last edited:

eliassami5

Reaction score
this is really making me kinda pissed..after i installed froyo, i factory reset just to get everything FRESH, and behold..some apps that are PAID for are missing from my downloads section in the market. anyone with a cure?

developers have to update their apps to be visible to people running android 2.2, you will just have to wait till they do that.

neubanks89

Reaction score
It's not developers. Google has to update its server so that the new version's fingerprint is recognized. It should be working now though, mine showed up last night.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Goad

Reaction score
since i installed 2.2, I noticed when in the car dock and plugged into the charger, the screen dim's (doesnt lock/turn off) after x minutes (x = brightness setting)

i have the stay awake (dont sleep when charging) option when charging selected.

this is frustrating. i dont want the screen to dim at all when hooked up to the charger.

anyone have a work around?

rawveeda

Reaction score
bluetooth voice dial made phone buzz and lockup

I found my first froyo issue. I did not see anyone list this so here it goes.
I was trying my blueant z9i. I was trying the voice dial out. on 2 of my 5 voice dials the droid itself started to make a buzzing noise then the phone locked up- only a battery pull fixed it.
I also tried with my kennsington liquidaux and that seemed to work fine.
Any ideas? (other than don't use my z9i or buy another set)

stock droid 2.2 ota

rsdroid

Reaction score
So I posted this in the other 2.2 issues thread with no response, so thought I'd try here. I manually updated to 2.2 and the only issue I'm having is that none of the toggle widgets for the lock screen pattern seem to work with 2.2. The one on Switch Pro Widget doesn't and neither does curvefish's. This is one of my most used widgets and I hate having to open up security settings to change this! Any idea what is causing this or if it will be fixed?

Thanks!

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Really?
Damn!
I've not been impressed or graced with extra speed, seemingly.
Ran the Quadrant test and the Stock Froyo Droid came in at
862. It was a flawless install of Froyo, my batt is full and I killed most apps before running the test.

Why don't I get 1122?
My SD card has a LOT of songs on it, like 14g.
I doubt that that would effect performance of the phone in general.

Thoughts
Thanks
D

Was 1122 a sec ago but that's ok.

24cawzt.png

hapster

Reaction score
Since installing 2.2, I cannot connect the Flixter app (Movies) to my Facebook account. Anyone else having this issue? I sent the dev an email.

Sent from my Droid

Rick G

Reaction score
I have android 2.2 for my non-rooted Moto Droid. Were can I get a detailed list of features and how to use them? I especially want flash player 10.1! Any info will greatly be appreciated. Some features I cant get to work.