Not quite sold on the Droid Bionic but want to stay motorola

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
^he is right ^
Some people don't care about having the newest Android OS. Personally, I do, but some people are perfectly content as long as their phone works fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

illmatic636

Reaction score
Locked bootloader does not frighten me. We eventually will find a way to unlock it, or devise a method for getting around it. I agree that motorola handsets have a better feel to the device. What's the issue with the design? I thought the DX was very nice. This ones is not far off.

Motorola is definitely the way to go if you live in low coverage areas. It picks up better signal. Hence better battery life due to not having to search for a better signal constantly.
My OG droid has much better battery life than the Eris, DX has better battery life than the Dinc, and from what I read everywhere, Bionic is better on battery(bigger battery) than the TB. But those phones are not out yet so it's mere speculation.

History does repeat itself.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
To me there really isn't much subpar equipment. I wouldn't purchase a single core phone but spec wise a lot of these phones are beginning to become similar so I would rather have the unlocked phone. Moto likes to lock things down so I already know I won't be able to upgrade to the newest version of the OS when it's released. If I was going on purely specs though the Bionic wouldn't win just because of the ram. Maybe their future phones will be better in the ram department. The X2 is rumoured to have a 1gb so that's a step in the right direction.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As some one looking to get an htc device on Thursday, doing research almost every one with HTC devices have copped to it having poor battery life. As a droid owner I have complained about the droids battery life and I am preparing for even worse battery life. In fact I already ordered a extended battery to prepare for the horrific battery life. With every device including the fruit you are going to have your goods and you bads. As a user you must decide what do you consider important and buy a product based on that.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
I'm a Motorola fan because they've been solid phones for me for over 7 years now. Only brand I buy because of that. Never had one DOA. All my past Motos still work to this day, despite my abuse to both hardware and software.

Anywho, are any of these next gens gonna have a slide-out keyboard? I'm sorta dependent on that. I mean, Swype is awesome, but there comes those messages you gotta type that have loads of proper nouns and other words not in the Swype dictionary, and a keyboard you can feel on those is awesome.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the targa. The name seems like a typo though, Like maybe it came with the description "tegra" as in tegra 2 while being un named. IMO the bezel on D3 would take getting used to if i had it. Im not really a fan of how it looks while the shiny sides.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Why does motorola fail at design? humps, physical buttons, locked.. hello thunderbolt. :)

I love the hump on my DX. It gives it an easier grip. I love the physical buttons too. Locked down...not so much, but I love the overall design of my DX.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm a Motorola fan because they've been solid phones for me for over 7 years now. Only brand I buy because of that. Never had one DOA. All my past Motos still work to this day, despite my abuse to both hardware and software.

Anywho, are any of these next gens gonna have a slide-out keyboard? I'm sorta dependent on that. I mean, Swype is awesome, but there comes those messages you gotta type that have loads of proper nouns and other words not in the Swype dictionary, and a keyboard you can feel on those is awesome.

droid 3 will ..............

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

The D3 will. I think that's about it.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The d3 looks like it will have a bigger screen coming in at 4 inches.

DroidCoug

Reaction score
why do the 4 buttons on the bottom keep switching places, depending on the phone? and the Targa only shows the back and the search buttons. Don't know if its a glare or just no buttons there?

kickyindahead

Reaction score
When i first bought my droid .. i didnt know all the cool things that you could do with it .. roms ... themes ... ect .. nor did i really care at the time either. I just wanted a droid because i fell in love wiht it when i played with my friends droids .. i dont care about he locked bootloader .. nor do i have a full comprehension of what it means. All ive done is tinkered with my phone and followed directions on how to root and flash my rom to fission and also tried liberty .. but didnt care for it too much . . thought bout tryin it again though.
As for the slide out keyboard ... that is a must for me .. i was a loyal blackberry user for 4 years and i grew very dependent on the physical keyboard. so i guess my point is .. if it aint got a physical keyboard .. i aint buyin it... but these designs do look hella hot!!

creaky

Reaction score
If I was going on purely specs though the Bionic wouldn't win just because of the ram. Maybe their future phones will be better in the ram department. The X2 is rumoured to have a 1gb so that's a step in the right direction.

So as far as I can tell the difference between the X2 and Bionic is FFC (Bionic) and 1gb RAM (X2)?

Any idea on specs for the Targa?

faxxer

Reaction score
why would you wanna stay with motorola when they are so committed to keeping their devices locked down?

To be fair most people could care less. This catchphrase that everyone uses here does not apply to the majority of users. Personally I would love to have an unlocked device but that will not be the deciding factor for me moving forward.

Specs first. Settling for subpar equipment because it is easily hackable no longer holds my interest.

Sent from my Droid

Hardware is always going to be limited by the software that runs on it. The Droid X and Droid 2 were an utter disappointment imo. I would take a OG Droid over DX or D2 any day of the week.

Personally I think blur sucks and all the bloatware that is tied into is ridiculous. If you can deal with a stock phone then more power to ya but its not my cup of tea.

faxxer

Reaction score
Locked bootloader does not frighten me. We eventually will find a way to unlock it, or devise a method for getting around it. I agree that motorola handsets have a better feel to the device. What's the issue with the design? I thought the DX was very nice. This ones is not far off.

Motorola is definitely the way to go if you live in low coverage areas. It picks up better signal. Hence better battery life due to not having to search for a better signal constantly.
My OG droid has much better battery life than the Eris, DX has better battery life than the Dinc, and from what I read everywhere, Bionic is better on battery(bigger battery) than the TB. But those phones are not out yet so it's mere speculation.

History does repeat itself.

The milestone/dx/d2 bootloader has yet to be unlocked and likely wont be unlocked until long long after those phones are in use. The bootstrap recovery is a work around of sorts but is in no way a true recovery.

If you dont mind all the roms that are available being essentially the same then yea its no big deal I suppose.

The atrix has been rooted but has no recovery or bootstrap at all yet.