Not quite sold on the Droid Bionic but want to stay motorola

kickyindahead

Reaction score
why would you wanna stay with motorola when they are so committed to keeping their devices locked down?

To be fair most people could care less. This catchphrase that everyone uses here does not apply to the majority of users. Personally I would love to have an unlocked device but that will not be the deciding factor for me moving forward.

Specs first. Settling for subpar equipment because it is easily hackable no longer holds my interest.

Sent from my Droid

Hardware is always going to be limited by the software that runs on it. The Droid X and Droid 2 were an utter disappointment imo. I would take a OG Droid over DX or D2 any day of the week.

Personally I think blur sucks and all the bloatware that is tied into is ridiculous. If you can deal with a stock phone then more power to ya but its not my cup of tea.

I hate the bloatware crap thats why i flashed fission onto my d2g just for the simple fact that all the garbage had been stripped away.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hardware is always going to be limited by the software that runs on it. The Droid X and Droid 2 were an utter disappointment imo. I would take a OG Droid over DX or D2 any day of the week.

Personally I think blur sucks and all the bloatware that is tied into is ridiculous. If you can deal with a stock phone then more power to ya but its not my cup of tea.
DX and D2 are perfect examples of a manufacturer failing to upgrade to acceptable hardware. Even if they were unlocked I would have passed. But now with the Dual Core phones on our heels I refuse to blow an upgrade on a single core device no matter if it's 2ng gen or not. With Dual Cores the need to overclock is gone and that was a huge draw for me. I'm a huge advocate of rooting these devices, I love the freedom but now that the hardware is getting better thats where my interest is.

Give me a beast for a phone and I'm set. I won't settle for what they are releasing right now. No interest. My D1 is a dinosaur and will continue to serve me well untill something worthy of replacing it comes along. So far nothing has come close. I don't get sucked into the hype.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm still very intrigued by the D3... would love to see the pkb, and the upgrades to it, as well as whether it's a 4" screen. and, i may be hallucinating, but that pic in the OP makes it appear that the D3 is thinner than the D1/D2 - maybe the screen is recessed into the pkb more...??

that Targa also looks pretty sweet! can definitely say i won't be jumping at the DX2.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
That Targa is supposedly releasing with a QUAD core....wow : )

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Are you starting rumors again.

The droid 3, according to howardforum, have blur.....nope not for me.

EgooEspada

Reaction score

Would not surprise me.

Though I have a feeling it'll have OMAP4, much like the D3.

As usual, I have another device I'm just 'dying for'. LOL. Kinda glad to hear about a Christmas release. I was planning on getting the Incredible 2 and then upgrading in December anyway. All is well with me. Exciting year for Motorola and Verizon in general don't you think. ;)

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola DROID 3 Pre-release Thread Pics of the D3's keyboard and a side view are there. Great to see a dedicated number row!

by adding the dedicated number row, that tells me there's more kb room - which means this is probably a 4" screen. THAT, plus dual core, is a big upgrade.

and over at HoFo, the rumor is that it will be blur-less - another big plus...

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
query: is it mere coincidence that these pics/specs started leaking right when the TB release finally became official??? ;)

mjforte

Reaction score
I really hope the D3 ends up being blurless, but if not an unlocked bootloader would be even better, that way blur could be removed. Anyone know how the OMAP4 compares to the Tegra 2?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Where did you read this? I need answers NAO!! :p

Phone arena. Now I have to wait until the end of the year lol.

I've been sitting on a upgrade since august people!! You think I've been patient enough? I declare today that I will purchase a new device by years end. I don't care what is coming out in '12 im getting either the Stealth or this Targa no more waiting. :)

Sent from my Droid

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If the Targa is quad core it's definitely something I might have to think about. I was contemplating getting something off of eBay to hold me over until the end of the year because that's when the quad core phones are coming out because my OG Droid has hardly any memory and it's really starting to piss me off.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

joemustang

Reaction score
oh man. Right when I was set on the Incredible 2 the Targa comes out. that looks sexy as hell. I want it. I hope it comes out soon. DroidLife thinks we will see it way before Christmas. I hope so.