[Rumor] Droid Bionic May End Up With an OMAP Processor Instead of Tegra 2

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto_logo_bionic_rumor.jpg

Not long ago we shared with you some fairly impressive benchmark specs for the Droid 3 that came from the NenaMark benchmark website. This weekend the same site had some benchmarks for the Motorola Droid Bionic as well.

The website didn't make it clear whether the phone would be the Targa or a revamped Etna, but it did make clear that the graphics chipset for the benchmarked phone was the PowerVR SGX 540 GPU on board, similar to the DROID 3. Interestingly, that GPU only comes with the new and unreleased Texas Instruments, 1GHz TI OMAP 4. The website further elucidated that the Bionic will come with Android 2.3.3/Gingerbread.

Strangely, the "new" Bionic scored very low compared to the Droid 3, even though they use the same basic chipset. The Bionic scored a 24 vs. the Droid 3 scoring a 45.7. Who knows what may change between now and the final release, though.

Source: PhoneArena and Nena

aDroidman

Reaction score
I have seen the bench mark and I don't think it was finished. I think they were going to do it bit someone canceled it. It should be way higher.