1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Rumor] Droid RAZR Shows Off Benchmarks at Nenamark; 1.2GHz OMAP 4430

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Oct 3, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

There may be a new phone besides the HTC Vigor and the Samsung Nexus Prime vying for our attention very soon. Apparently, some benchmarks just showed up over at Nenamark for a Droid RAZR. The device has a qHD screen (960×540) and an OMAP4430 clocked at 1.2GHz, and scored an impressive 48.2. Interestingly, this phone could also be the Droid HD or the Motorola Spyder, as no confirmed name has been announced. The phone is most likely coming to Verizon, which makes perfect sense of course.

[​IMG]

They certainly like to keep the bait on the hook don't they?

Source: Droid-Life
  2. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

^So it's basically the Bionic then? lol
  3. wingdo

wingdo New Member

Yeah, until more specs come out it's a Bionic clocked to 1.2GHz instead of 1.0. Seems like there really will always be something better just around the corner.
  4. loki993

loki993 New Member

Yes, but super thin with a better screen and made out of Kevlar, at least that the rumor.

Do we know what phones like the GSII , Vigor or maybe the Prime or even a Bionic have scored for comparison?
  5. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

A benchmark is still eh in my book. I would rather give it a real world test on some games and apps.
  6. wingdo

wingdo New Member

I seem to frequently be in the minority here but I LOVE the screen on my Bionic. Only smartphone I have ever had whose screen doesn't get washed out in sunshine. You'd think more people would appreciate that fact, of course maybe everyone just doesn't get outside anymore.
  7. loki993

loki993 New Member

No it happens on my D2 all the time and it is frustrating. But a SuperAMMOLED on a Moto is hard to ignore.
  8. DawsonMobley

DawsonMobley New Member

I can appreciate the better visibility in sunlight (especially since I use my droid1 outside all the time) but it looked like I was looking through a screen door when I played with the bionic and I just don't think I could get used to it...I can renew through Amazon on the 8th of October so I'm going to try and wait for the droid prime or whatever it ends up being called. As long as it has at least average battery life anyway.
  9. tgyberg

That is the Bionic screen.
  10. EFGantry

EFGantry New Member

of course, we have no confirmation yet, but most leaks indicate the Spyder/Razr will have a new, never-before seen screen (qHD Super AMOLED). it's not going to be the same as the Bionic. people who have seen the Spyder say that it is noticeably different as compared to the Bionic.
  11. tgyberg

^Ahh ok, I was just going by what it says above!
  12. gwhiz377

gwhiz377 New Member

Whatever it is, I hope Moto keeps that design, or something very close to it, for whatever phone they have coming out. Very sexy looking phone. Could make me rethink getting the prime. Love the build quality of Moto's(though the Bionic seems to be lacking on that).
  13. tgyberg

^The Bionic I got is rock solid. I still have my X and to me it's better in every way.
  14. gwhiz377

gwhiz377 New Member

Not that it's badly built or anything. Just that it has that plastic kind of feel. I still have the original droid, and I love the heavy, metal feeling of it. I really don't want a phone that feels plastic. I'm hoping that either, or both, the Prime and whatever this phone is have that kind of feeling. Will make it even harder to choose though.
Search tags for this page

omap 4430 benchmark

ti omap 4430 nenamark 2