[Rumor] Droid RAZR Shows Off Benchmarks at Nenamark; 1.2GHz OMAP 4430

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-hd-mini.jpg

There may be a new phone besides the HTC Vigor and the Samsung Nexus Prime vying for our attention very soon. Apparently, some benchmarks just showed up over at Nenamark for a Droid RAZR. The device has a qHD screen (960×540) and an OMAP4430 clocked at 1.2GHz, and scored an impressive 48.2. Interestingly, this phone could also be the Droid HD or the Motorola Spyder, as no confirmed name has been announced. The phone is most likely coming to Verizon, which makes perfect sense of course.

droid-razr-nenamark.png

They certainly like to keep the bait on the hook don't they?

Source: Droid-Life

wingdo

Reaction score
Yeah, until more specs come out it's a Bionic clocked to 1.2GHz instead of 1.0. Seems like there really will always be something better just around the corner.

loki993

Reaction score
^So it's basically the Bionic then? lol

Yes, but super thin with a better screen and made out of Kevlar, at least that the rumor.

Do we know what phones like the GSII , Vigor or maybe the Prime or even a Bionic have scored for comparison?

wingdo

Reaction score
I seem to frequently be in the minority here but I LOVE the screen on my Bionic. Only smartphone I have ever had whose screen doesn't get washed out in sunshine. You'd think more people would appreciate that fact, of course maybe everyone just doesn't get outside anymore.

loki993

Reaction score
I seem to frequently be in the minority here but I LOVE the screen on my Bionic. Only smartphone I have ever had whose screen doesn't get washed out in sunshine. You'd think more people would appreciate that fact, of course maybe everyone just doesn't get outside anymore.

No it happens on my D2 all the time and it is frustrating. But a SuperAMMOLED on a Moto is hard to ignore.

DawsonMobley

Reaction score

I can appreciate the better visibility in sunlight (especially since I use my droid1 outside all the time) but it looked like I was looking through a screen door when I played with the bionic and I just don't think I could get used to it...I can renew through Amazon on the 8th of October so I'm going to try and wait for the droid prime or whatever it ends up being called. As long as it has at least average battery life anyway.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yes, but super thin with a better screen and made out of Kevlar, at least that the rumor.

Do we know what phones like the GSII , Vigor or maybe the Prime or even a Bionic have scored for comparison?

That is the Bionic screen.

EFGantry

Reaction score
That is the Bionic screen.

of course, we have no confirmation yet, but most leaks indicate the Spyder/Razr will have a new, never-before seen screen (qHD Super AMOLED). it's not going to be the same as the Bionic. people who have seen the Spyder say that it is noticeably different as compared to the Bionic.

gwhiz377

Reaction score
Whatever it is, I hope Moto keeps that design, or something very close to it, for whatever phone they have coming out. Very sexy looking phone. Could make me rethink getting the prime. Love the build quality of Moto's(though the Bionic seems to be lacking on that).

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^The Bionic I got is rock solid. I still have my X and to me it's better in every way.

gwhiz377

Reaction score
Not that it's badly built or anything. Just that it has that plastic kind of feel. I still have the original droid, and I love the heavy, metal feeling of it. I really don't want a phone that feels plastic. I'm hoping that either, or both, the Prime and whatever this phone is have that kind of feeling. Will make it even harder to choose though.