Droid Bionic - What we think we know

OP
Java

Java

Reaction score
I was just at verizon & the manager there told me the bionic did not pass the fcc & it has been pulled. Moto will release a phone at the end of the year. It was pulled because its not stable & it over heats. I guess they are going to work on it & release it under another name at the end or the year. If you search the internet you will find articles about it being pulled

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

As the others have pointed out, that was the original Bionic. The new Bionic (targa) has not been scrapped, and can even be found as a sign up page on the Verizonwireless.com website. If it were discontinued, we would not be able to sign up for information regarding the device and current leaks would not be surfacing.

kamimitsu

Reaction score
I had an interview with Verizon on Thursday, and at the end I asked the recruiter if the Bionic was coming on August 4th. All she said was, "Even if I knew, I couldn't tell you" but the tone in her voice seemed a bit cheeky.

Immolate

Reaction score
As the others have pointed out, that was the original Bionic. The new Bionic (targa) has not been scrapped, and can even be found as a sign up page on the Verizonwireless.com website. If it were discontinued, we would not be able to sign up for information regarding the device and current leaks would not be surfacing.

There are three kinds of untruths: lies, damned lies, and anything told to you by someone with a Verizon name tag.

Think about this... half the people working at Verizon leak everything they hear to one of these sites. If Verizon wants to keep a secret, they don't tell their retain employees. In fact, they don't tell much of anyone, and still word often gets out. If I were Verizon and wanted to keep a secret, I'd give slightly different information to everyone and see whose information leaked. Now I'm not saying that Verizon is doing that, but if they did, it would result in a great deal of misinformation floating about.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

There are three kinds of untruths: lies, damned lies, and anything told to you by someone with a Verizon name tag.

Think about this... half the people working at Verizon leak everything they hear to one of these sites. If Verizon wants to keep a secret, they don't tell their retain employees. In fact, they don't tell much of anyone, and still word often gets out. If I were Verizon and wanted to keep a secret, I'd give slightly different information to everyone and see whose information leaked. Now I'm not saying that Verizon is doing that, but if they did, it would result in a great deal of misinformation floating about.

But that's a little too risky for them. That could potentially lead to bad business if people expect too much or the wrong thing completely.

OP
Java

Java

Reaction score

To be honest, I don't think there's a conspiracy theory...
I'll put it this way, if Verizon constantly leaked different information to their employees, they'd be misinforming all their employees at the cost of productivity and product success (both hyping up and hyping down something can hurt business if it gives a wrong impression and the audience is let down or bought a new device because the next one wasn't supposed to be much better). The only time Verizon would likely do something like this is with a high level employee that's leaking important, possibly not yet patented material that actually impacts business. Otherwise, leaks about phones from employees actually spread rumors, add hype and get people interested. Minor leaks like what kind of screen or what type of camera it has are common, and they are commonly used as things to pull in hype to a phone, so the extra advertisements are welcomed, there's no reason to go after lower level and retail employees that probably know less than the forumers do based simply on using older models as examples.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
short of re-launching the Shuttle program... is there anything this phone will not be able to do... LOL :)

OP
Java

Java

Reaction score
short of re-launching the Shuttle program... is there anything this phone will not be able to do... LOL :)

Unfortunately the answer is yes, and that thing it can't do is get released in a reasonable timeframe ...
:(

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately the answer is yes, and that thing it can't do is get released in a reasonable timeframe ...
:(

+1,000,000

all these smartphone companies should quit the games and release specs and release dates at least a month in advance

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk