Not quite sold on the Droid Bionic but want to stay motorola

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I'm a Motorola fan because they've been solid phones for me for over 7 years now. Only brand I buy because of that. Never had one DOA. All my past Motos still work to this day, despite my abuse to both hardware and software.

Anywho, are any of these next gens gonna have a slide-out keyboard? I'm sorta dependent on that. I mean, Swype is awesome, but there comes those messages you gotta type that have loads of proper nouns and other words not in the Swype dictionary, and a keyboard you can feel on those is awesome.

droid 3 will ..............

I really want my verizon droid to have a keyboard. That's one thing that I love about the OG Droid. I look forward to my next Verizon Android phone having a keybaord. Also I like a phone with a physical buttons. My Atrix annoys me because it doesn't have a camera button. Maybe it's just me.

Donsell

Reaction score
I've been sitting on a upgrade since august people!! You think I've been patient enough? I declare today that I will purchase a new device by years end. I don't care what is coming out in '12 im getting either the Stealth or this Targa no more waiting. :)

Sent from my Droid

I've been sitting on an upgrade too, but I want to jump on an LTE phone while they still have unlimited data. Hopefully we'll have a shot at a Bionic.

Unfortunately we're not going to get to wait until Christmas.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Wow...myself, personally, I am holding my upgrade until the new Motorola Droid Quizen! This thing is super-duper bad-a$$...

* HexaCore 2ghz Processor
* 8gb RAM
* 32gb Internal Storage
* Dual 32gb SD Card Storage
* 5.4" Multitouch Plasma Screen 1080p
* Front 2.5mp & Side 1.2mp Facing Cameras and Rear14mp, 1080p Recording Camera (Utilize all 3 cameras for Conference Video Calls between yourself and your pals walking with you on the fly!)
* Dedicated Triple Core VooDoo GPU for Insane Gameply!
* Dedicated 2 Slice Toaster...for snacks on the go!
* Integrated Phillips & Flat-tip screwdrivers...for when the need arises...you never can be too prepared!
* 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery for 287 Hour Talk Time / 765 Hour Standby Time

Gonna be the man when this bad boy hits the street...I will be soooo coool.....

Really, you all do realize these are just phones right? They dont cure cancer...they wont replace a real computer...chicks actually dont think your phone makes you cute....:r_c:

dbst

Reaction score
Wow...myself, personally, I am holding my upgrade until the new Motorola Droid Quizen! This thing is super-duper bad-a$$...

* HexaCore 2ghz Processor
* 8gb RAM
* 32gb Internal Storage
* Dual 32gb SD Card Storage
* 5.4" Multitouch Plasma Screen 1080p
* Front 2.5mp & Side 1.2mp Facing Cameras and Rear14mp, 1080p Recording Camera (Utilize all 3 cameras for Conference Video Calls between yourself and your pals walking with you on the fly!)
* Dedicated Triple Core VooDoo GPU for Insane Gameply!
* Dedicated 2 Slice Toaster...for snacks on the go!
* Integrated Phillips & Flat-tip screwdrivers...for when the need arises...you never can be too prepared!
* 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery for 287 Hour Talk Time / 765 Hour Standby Time

Gonna be the man when this bad boy hits the street...I will be soooo coool.....

Really, you all do realize these are just phones right? They dont cure cancer...they wont replace a real computer...chicks actually dont think your phone makes you cute....:r_c:

Haha, I wouldn't be surprised if a phone with those specs came out in a few years

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Gives us all something to look forward to but again for me I always want the most current version of android as well as HW. So killer HW and without prompt SW updates is worthless in my eyes. I don't want those updates to be at the mercy of VZW and moto so my next phone must be unlocked and be compatible with CM. CM is always right on the edge and updates as Google releases to aosp so HTC, Moto, whatever I don't care as long as the specs are good and the phone is unlocked or unlockable...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
query: is it mere coincidence that these pics/specs started leaking right when the TB release finally became official??? ;)
Very perceptive : )

They always do these things...

Yeah they want to keep us waiting for their product. Harder to do that if we haven't seen any leaks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
jay whats your story? Waiting to upgrade? Upgrade ready but need to choose? Any device have your attention?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well my upgrade is in July because I got my OG Droid on launch day and let my fiancee switch to primary to use the annual upgrade. Right now I've got my eye on the Stealth. I wouldn't mind getting something off of ebay and waiting for quad cores either so I'm kind of torn.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

spillner

Reaction score
To be honest none of these phones really do anything for me. I have a custom D1. If these devices are locked up tight, why bother switching? You'll be at the mercy of your carrier as to when you're going to get updates, not to mention theirs always something better right around the corner.

Until my D1 dies or becomes so obsolete that no one will develop for it I'll save my upgrade.

griz8791

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of a set of non-Moto/non-VZW screenshots and/or youtube videos of motoblur in action? I ask because I have an OG Droid so I haven't had to worry about motoblur, and when I have played with Droid Xs in the store they don't have motoblur set up yet, so I haven't been able to get a very good sense of how bad it sucks.

I get that posters on here almost unanimously agree that it's beyond terrible. What I'm look for are the details so I can try to understand how bad it's going to lag, etc, when I have signed up for the apparently-mandatory motoblur account and allowed it to force-feed me all the stuff that a halfway competent Android user can do voluntarily with widgets.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I guess physical camera buttons are a thing of the past. The DX and Targa lack one. Not sure about the D3. And am I the only one (prolly) that things the Targa is fugly. That chrome trim just looks tacky.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of a set of non-Moto/non-VZW screenshots and/or youtube videos of motoblur in action? I ask because I have an OG Droid so I haven't had to worry about motoblur, and when I have played with Droid Xs in the store they don't have motoblur set up yet, so I haven't been able to get a very good sense of how bad it sucks.

I get that posters on here almost unanimously agree that it's beyond terrible. What I'm look for are the details so I can try to understand how bad it's going to lag, etc, when I have signed up for the apparently-mandatory motoblur account and allowed it to force-feed me all the stuff that a halfway competent Android user can do voluntarily with widgets.

[video=youtube;wfwBZdpQZzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfwBZdpQZzY]YouTube - Motorola Atrix 4G Review Part 1[/video]

[video=youtube;izxrt84JeI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izxrt84JeI8&feature=relmfu]YouTube - Motorola Atrix 4G Review Part 2[/video]

[video=youtube;J5Zieg2DY7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Zieg2DY7k]YouTube - Sense, MotoBlur & TouchWiz: Android Skins Compared[/video]