Not quite sold on the Droid Bionic but want to stay motorola

Discussion in 'Android News' started by pc747, Mar 15, 2011.

1. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Thanks to our friends at Howard Forums we have some nice screen shots. Pictures from (Phonearena)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Motorola DROID X 2

DROID 3

[​IMG]
    Motorola code-name Targa

Maybe one of our members in the know can share shed some more light for us ;) .
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011
  2. DaWolf85

DaWolf85 New Member

Dammit, just when I was sold on the TB...
  3. pc747

Looks like the Targa is a going to be an LTE version of the Droid X 2. I wonder if the Droid 3 will be unlocked.
  4. DaWolf85

DaWolf85 New Member

I doubt any of them will be unlocked, but that Droid 3 does look pretty sexy...
  5. pc747

It looks like the D3 will have a 4 inch screen but I am not sure. I am looking for specs.
  6. faxxer

faxxer New Member

why would you wanna stay with motorola when they are so committed to keeping their devices locked down?
  7. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Targa looks VERY nice.!....im impressed.

Sent from my Droid
  8. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Wouldn't an LTE version of the X2 basically just be a Droid Bionic without a ffc? I'm not very impressed, especially since they'll be locked down.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. pc747

The targa if you look at the date its not right (2010). SO the likelihood that it will look like that is not known. Like with any rumor as time goes on we will see if it turns out the way they look so take those as concept devices with the possibility of being released. When?
    We dont know but we will post what we find as far as dates and specs.
  10. nothing0

nothing0 New Member

Why does motorola fail at design? humps, physical buttons, locked.. hello thunderbolt. :)
  11. Wadman

Wadman Member

Because locked bootloaders are not that big of a deal to most people. I like using custom ROMs and themes, but could care less about the bootloader. I have had good luck with Motorola and will stick with them til otherwise. The Thunderbold looks like a great phone but after messing with my sister in laws incredible, I wasn't too impressed with sense or the overall feel of a htc phone. They feel plastic and cheap......JMHO....
  12. p1ngputts

p1ngputts New Member

cause the OG Droid is the shiz, duh!
  13. pc747

The good thing about android evolving is you will have something for everyone. There are people who like the blur look and motorola's design of the device. Others may prefer another company. In the end we will all have an option to buy something that fits us even if its not android.
  14. faxxer

faxxer New Member

If you like using roms and themes then an unlocked phone is better for you. Dx roms are very limited compared to other phones because the kernel cant be changed.

Look at the atrix...doesnt even have recovery yet.

OG Droid isnt locked down.
  15. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

To be fair most people could care less. This catchphrase that everyone uses here does not apply to the majority of users. Personally I would love to have an unlocked device but that will not be the deciding factor for me moving forward.

Specs first. Settling for subpar equipment because it is easily hackable no longer holds my interest.

Sent from my Droid
  16. jaycemiskel

^he is right ^
    Some people don't care about having the newest Android OS. Personally, I do, but some people are perfectly content as long as their phone works fine.

17. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

Locked bootloader does not frighten me. We eventually will find a way to unlock it, or devise a method for getting around it. I agree that motorola handsets have a better feel to the device. What's the issue with the design? I thought the DX was very nice. This ones is not far off.

Motorola is definitely the way to go if you live in low coverage areas. It picks up better signal. Hence better battery life due to not having to search for a better signal constantly.
    My OG droid has much better battery life than the Eris, DX has better battery life than the Dinc, and from what I read everywhere, Bionic is better on battery(bigger battery) than the TB. But those phones are not out yet so it's mere speculation.

History does repeat itself.
  18. jaycemiskel

To me there really isn't much subpar equipment. I wouldn't purchase a single core phone but spec wise a lot of these phones are beginning to become similar so I would rather have the unlocked phone. Moto likes to lock things down so I already know I won't be able to upgrade to the newest version of the OS when it's released. If I was going on purely specs though the Bionic wouldn't win just because of the ram. Maybe their future phones will be better in the ram department. The X2 is rumoured to have a 1gb so that's a step in the right direction.

19. pc747

As some one looking to get an htc device on Thursday, doing research almost every one with HTC devices have copped to it having poor battery life. As a droid owner I have complained about the droids battery life and I am preparing for even worse battery life. In fact I already ordered a extended battery to prepare for the horrific battery life. With every device including the fruit you are going to have your goods and you bads. As a user you must decide what do you consider important and buy a product based on that.
  20. NeoPhoenixTE

NeoPhoenixTE Member

I'm a Motorola fan because they've been solid phones for me for over 7 years now. Only brand I buy because of that. Never had one DOA. All my past Motos still work to this day, despite my abuse to both hardware and software.

Anywho, are any of these next gens gonna have a slide-out keyboard? I'm sorta dependent on that. I mean, Swype is awesome, but there comes those messages you gotta type that have loads of proper nouns and other words not in the Swype dictionary, and a keyboard you can feel on those is awesome.