New ICS leak 6.7.235

bhp117

Reaction score
theres a fix for you update to new leaks or ota if you flashed 235 but you still can't fxz back to 902 because of the new security version 4 on the 235 leak

previous leaks " 2231 2233 229 230 232 " all is using security version 3 same as 893-905 thats why we can fxz back to 902

now there's a new 905 fxz fastboot file just leak a few hrs ago but even with that file when your on 235 you still can't fxz back to 905

you can find more info on droidhive

so if your on 235 leak or plannig on flashing it, currently there's no way of going back to gb only moving forward to ics new leaks

i personally will wait a few days or a week to see if there's any new leaks before i try 235

currently i'm on 232 heavely debloated it myself and its been running great

here's the link to the 905 fxz zip fiile

http://www.droidhive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1424-59905-fxz/

h
ere's the link to the unstuck utility

http://www.droidhive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1422-droid-bionic-unstuck-utility-7162012/

h
ere's another 905 fxz zip but will not delete your data

http://www.droidhive.com/forums/ind...-235-unless-willing-to-stay-there/#entry65096

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Right the 905 FXZ is useful for going forward to a new leak after 235 but once on 235+ you will never be able to go back. Ever. The new security prevents this from happening. Mattigroff created the method that d4 and razr users used to go from leak to leak. Since we got our hands on the 905 FXZ last night he was able to script the method for bionic, as well. It involves flashing the system and preinstall images from 905, flashing the boot img from the update you're going to, and finally flashing the new update. Note that just because you flash 905 files it does not mean you will be able to boot 905 . Until you successfully flash the next update you will be soft bricked at that point. Hence without a working fxz there is measurable risk to this process. Nonetheless even the ota will leave us without a working fxz until we get one for ICS. Use caution. I'm avoiding further leaks until a soak test most likely. That should tell you something about the risk involved. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Maddog241

Reaction score
I realize that we don't get change logs with leaks, but does anyone have an idea of the differences or changes with .235 from .232?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
John Galt did a diff last night and said there were numerous framework changes. Plus the videos had been updated. It seems like 235 could be a serious contender for a soak test but we never know until it happens.

Maddog241

Reaction score
John Galt did a diff last night and said there were numerous framework changes. Plus the videos had been updated. It seems like 235 could be a serious contender for a soak test but we never know until it happens.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a bunch of under the hood stuff. Hopefully the headphone noise was on that list.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Good question. No idea as not a lot of people installed it thankfully. I really love this community. No one wanted to be stuck on 235 so most people have avoided it. Now someone is saying the qa server was updated again. Not sure if that means a new build or not. We need someone with 905 and cheesecake to take a look.

Hikenit

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the QA200 server has been updated again today. There might be something we can use. Pull anyone?

Maddog241

Reaction score
Good question. No idea as not a lot of people installed it thankfully. I really love this community. No one wanted to be stuck on 235 so most people have avoided it. Now someone is saying the qa server was updated again. Not sure if that means a new build or not. We need someone with 905 and cheesecake to take a look.

I have tried almost all of the ICS leaks, but when I saw your warning (Thank you for that) I decided patience was the way this time.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have tried almost all of the ICS leaks, but when I saw your warning (Thank you for that) I decided patience was the way this time.

Smart move. We have a method to go forward now but never back from 235+. If there is a new build on the qa server we'll get a chance to see matt's script in action. We will let John Galt test it first since he's already on 235. But we need someone to check with cheesecake and see if there's a new build.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Why do I have the feeling we're going to start going into November with threads like "New ICS leak 6.7.549!!! Soak test could be coming soon!!!!".

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
Smart move. We have a method to go forward now but never back from 235+. If there is a new build on the qa server we'll get a chance to see matt's script in action. We will let John Galt test it first since he's already on 235. But we need someone to check with cheesecake and see if there's a new build.

Server has not been updated still .235

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hikenit said:
My bad, just noticed that the date had changed to today. Just thought there might be another build out there.

It takes anywhere from 72 hrs to a week for a new build to be created the .235 was a complete over haul with an additional 40 mb of code written hence the long space of time between the .232 an .235

rbrill177

Reaction score
First of all, thank you to everyone who has worked hard at helping us non-devs get the ICS leaks on our phones without the fear of the brick.

Next, most of us reading the ICS threads have flashed a leak or two and probably are at .232 at this time. I know most of us are pretty careful to always have a "way bac" to GB, but really, after playing with ICS for a couple weeks and not having the notorious data drops of GB, would we ever really flash back to GB? We know that we can send back a device to VZW with almost anything on it, rooted or not, and not have any warranty problems... so I can't see any other argument that compels us to need to go back to GB.

Now, I'm not saying that we should more forward and all flash the next greatest leak that comes along, but why are we all so hung up on the ability to flash back to the half-working piece of crap that VZW handed us and called a working GB build?

There's a hundred threads in this forum of us all crying out for our ICS, but when it gets here, we're worried about hanging on to GB. Not ranting or knocking anyone personally, but just wondering why we all feel the need to hang on to the old like it's gold. Gingerbread is/was a pretty good ver. of Android, just not the Bionic's version.