New ICS leak 6.7.235

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok , so the 905 fxz is there now you updated the thread and download link? I'm pretty sure I downloaded everything already last week. Also I don't need to do this until I'm ready to flash again right ? Or is this a preemptive thing ?

I JUST created the new attachment in that thread this morning, so you'll want to grab that. Then you can use it inside the 905 FXZ directory to do the update whenever you're ready. I'd grab it now and get it set up. If there are any updates to it, just watch that thread and grab the new House of Bionic zip as needed. It's small. :)

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
Right the 905 FXZ is useful for going forward to a new leak after 235 but once on 235+ you will never be able to go back. Ever. The new security prevents this from happening. Mattigroff created the method that d4 and razr users used to go from leak to leak. Since we got our hands on the 905 FXZ last night he was able to script the method for bionic, as well. It involves flashing the system and preinstall images from 905, flashing the boot img from the update you're going to, and finally flashing the new update. Note that just because you flash 905 files it does not mean you will be able to boot 905 . Until you successfully flash the next update you will be soft bricked at that point. Hence without a working fxz there is measurable risk to this process. Nonetheless even the ota will leave us without a working fxz until we get one for ICS. Use caution. I'm avoiding further leaks until a soak test most likely. That should tell you something about the risk involved. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I just wanted it so i didn't have to download and install 905 from 902. i think that if anybody did decide to pull a lemming because of one rogue post, then maybe their phone is better off as a paperweight

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just wanted it so i didn't have to download and install 905 from 902. i think that if anybody did decide to pull a lemming because of one rogue post, then maybe their phone is better off as a paperweight

Fair enough. :) And yea, I'm there with you on the not having to do the update to 905 thing. The FXZ is much cleaner IMO. Downgrade once, update to the latest ICS build, done. That's what it should have been from day 1 but no one thought to ask for a 905 FXZ til yesterday. Um, oops?

welsalex

Reaction score
soooooo anyone who has taken the plunge to 235 have any new details/changes/fixes etc they care to share? Eager to listen!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
VERY few people have installed it. Those on DroidHive (current down?) that have said it's smoother and better. No obvious huge changes. Some videos were updated. Lots of internal framework stuff changed along with the obvious security update. Nothing too major over 232 IMO.

brianjr1

Reaction score
Gah I hate Motorola. Why can't this update just be easy like the rest of them?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Droid Forums

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Let's be bluntly honest here. We Bionic users were CRAZY lucky to get ANY ICS updates that weren't locked down. The D4 and the RAZR both had locked updates that didn't allow FXZ'ing back to their respective GB versions. That's where our new method of going forward came from. Matt put it together for them and now that I was able to get us a new FXZ from daywalker04 he was able to put one together for us. So yea, it sucks, but, it could be MUCH MUCH worse.

brianjr1

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
Let's be bluntly honest here. We Bionic users were CRAZY lucky to get ANY ICS updates that weren't locked down. The D4 and the RAZR both had locked updates that didn't allow FXZ'ing back to their respective GB versions. That's where our new method of going forward came from. Matt put it together for them and now that I was able to get us a new FXZ from daywalker04 he was able to put one together for us. So yea, it sucks, but, it could be MUCH MUCH worse.

True... But this is the equivalent of being handed a big cake all for myself and then having said cake taken away. It's upsetting... :'(

However, 232 is running smoothly enough for me so I can't see myself really needing to bump to 235

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Droid Forums

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh come on. They only took the frosting off. :D

welsalex

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
Oh come on. They only took the frosting off. :D

Frosting or not once I eat said cake there's a chance Ill no be able to eat cake... without regurgitating it and hoping my stomach accepts it

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That all depends on what the OTA is. If it's 235 or beyond 235, you'd be ok. If it's less than 235 then, um, UH OH! :D

samwifi

Reaction score
I tried both the 230 and 232 and they both sucked so bad! Bluetooth issues in music and phone usage plus horrible battery were a deal killer for me. Fxz back to. 902 and onto .905. I originally tried the leaks cause of connection issues on 905 but that I can deal with since wifi is solid.. not trying in anyway shape or form.

finanandroid

Reaction score
I tried both the 230 and 232 and they both sucked so bad! Bluetooth issues in music and phone usage plus horrible battery were a deal killer for me. Fxz back to. 902 and onto .905. I originally tried the leaks cause of connection issues on 905 but that I can deal with since wifi is solid.. not trying in anyway shape or form.

Wow you are in the 0.001% droid bionic user that state that 230>232 ICS leak Suck, without offense most of the bionic user that complaint about it are clueless and incapable tech to resolve by his own some issues that may be arise. :angry: