new bionic ics update 6.7.230

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
It's not proven otherwise in this case. I used a security checking tool designed to check for that very thing. In this case, if you try to FXZ back to 902 from 235, you will soft brick your phone. And I have no idea what it includes as I refuse to update to it and get stuck on a build that may or may not become the OTA.

Yeah. I mean we're so close to the OTA, why risk bricking it now? LoL

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah. I mean we're so close to the OTA, why risk bricking it now? LoL

Exactly. Stick to 232 IMO. From there we can go back to 905 and take the OTA whatever it ends up being. After that, though, we're without a working FXZ. That is not a fun place. We'll need a new ICS FXZ. I hate to say it, but, I'm glad I'm jumping ship to an unlockable phone. This crap really annoys the hell out of me.

powrful1

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere the VZ S3 was locked down

Sent from my Bionic on ICS 232 w/ Tapatalk™

Otakulad

Reaction score
Question on going back to GB from 230. Do I just do it from the phones recovery using RSD lite? I don't need to worry about losing my data since I don't have anything important I want to save. Thanks in advance.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
RSD is best done when the phone is in AP Fastboot mode. Shut the phone off, hold volume up and down, press the power button, volume down to AP Fastboot, press volume up. Connect the phone to USB, make sure you have the latest drivers installed, load up RSD, point it at the FXZ (I'd get the new 905 one personally), and let her rip. Stand back and touch nothing til it's done.

Reaction score
SamuriHL said:
RSD is best done when the phone is in AP Fastboot mode. Shut the phone off, hold volume up and down, press the power button, volume down to AP Fastboot, press volume up. Connect the phone to USB, make sure you have the latest drivers installed, load up RSD, point it at the FXZ (I'd get the new 905 one personally), and let her rip. Stand back and touch nothing til it's done.

Wait, there is a .905 FXZ now? Well that adds some hope for the .235 possibly. I'm starting to agree with the others though. I think 235 is going to be the OTA. they never would have beefed up security on a dev build. All the same, I'll just keep googling until Verizon starts rolling it out. Also, you have a .905 link?

Otakulad

Reaction score

Thanks. That is how I did it before, but that was on GB to GB. Didn't know if something had changed when I installed the ICS leak.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wait, there is a .905 FXZ now? Well that adds some hope for the .235 possibly. I'm starting to agree with the others though. I think 235 is going to be the OTA. they never would have beefed up security on a dev build. All the same, I'll just keep googling until Verizon starts rolling it out.

Yea, I asked daywalker04 and he gave it to me. :) So it's out there. And it does help with 235 as matt wrote us a script that'll allow you to install updates past 235. You can NEVER go back from 235+ to GB, but, you can at least now go forward with Matt's script. Nice to wake up to that eh? :D