New ICS leak 6.7.235

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I'd like to see another no-data-loss method of upgrading to this one...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

landon418

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Man this sucks maybe somebody will edit an .xml and fix our problems lol. I might try fiddlefarting with some of the files ;p
Wish we could get jellybean... how the heck is the xoom getting it lol.:p

fastpakr

Reaction score
The method already published should work just fine for upgrading TO it (SamuriHL's script) if you swap in the new leak. The problem is just that you're stuck there.

wseyller

Reaction score
Are we sure that this is 905 to 235. Maybe a patch from 232 to 235? I havent even seen the file name or the file size or even heard from anyone who actually tried it successfully, so i am just asking. It would not be the first time. Remember 5.5.893 then a patch to 5.6.893, then 5.7.893. Then there was a full install of 5.7.893 to skip the patches.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are we sure that this is 905 to 235. Maybe a patch from 232 to 235? I havent even seen the file name or the file size or even heard from anyone who actually tried it successfully, so i am just asking. It would not be the first time. Remember 5.5.893 then a patch to 5.6.893, then 5.7.893. Then there was a full install of 5.7.893 to skip the patches.

According to the download from New Leak .235 - xda-developers:

File Name: Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip
File Size: 389129995 K

I'm guessing from that it's an update from .905 to .235. Not that I'm going to download it, much less install it.

Last edited:

haimez

Reaction score
welsalex said:
Two hours and no more responces?!?!

I think everyone's pretty much made the (completely rational) choice to sit this one out until there's a confirmed route to getting back on the OTA path. I guess we're all waiting on the dev community...

welsalex

Reaction score
haimez said:
I think everyone's pretty much made the (completely rational) choice to sit this one out until there's a confirmed route to getting back on the OTA path. I guess we're all waiting on the dev community...

I get it, but daaaaaammmnnnn I need some more input!

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
landon418 said:
Man this sucks maybe somebody will edit an .xml and fix our problems lol. I might try fiddlefarting with some of the files ;p
Wish we could get jellybean... how the heck is the xoom getting it lol.:p

Not possible do to the security change u will end up with a GB/ICS hybrid bricked phone I was already all over it until I saw the security an patching change so now there is a big warning on my fxz thread

wseyller

Reaction score
According to the download from New Leak .235 - xda-developers:

File Name: Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip
File Size: 389129995 K

I'm guessing from that it's an update from .905 to .235. Not that I'm going to download it, much less install it.

Well that says it all. Anyway I love 232 so whatever, who cares. I could be happy if I didnt have to flash again. Cant believe im saying that.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Something tells me 235 is going to be the OTA release, and I want it so badly but 232 is working fantastically for me! I think I'll wait till either the OTA or another ICS leak that will allow an FXZ back to 902!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Graymayre

Reaction score
I thought we still could FXZ back to 902 from wherever, just like old SBF flashing. I assume that the leaks are not too much different from each other and the methods like Samurai's will still work. Although I do wonder what it is that they tweaked from 232 to 235. I'm still thinking that some parts are being left out and these are incomplete builds altogether awaiting the final OTA. They could very well be reading our forums and making changes based on them o_O
We could only hope that they are that sensable

Driod Bionic ICED 232

haimez

Reaction score
Graymayre said:
I thought we still could FXZ back to 902 from wherever, just like old SBF flashing. I assume that the leaks are not too much different from each other and the methods like Samurai's will still work. Although I do wonder what it is that they tweaked from 232 to 235. I'm still thinking that some parts are being left out and these are incomplete builds altogether awaiting the final OTA. They could very well be reading our forums and making changes based on them o_O
We could only hope that they are that sensable

Driod Bionic ICED 232

The methods WON'T STILL WORK. Peoples phones are at stake here, this is no place for your speculative $0.02 formulated without reading the rest if the thread or any of the other threads on the matter.

Don't, under any circumstances, flash 235 unless you're ok with being (potentially) permanently and (possibly) irrevocably off of the update path. Maybe that'll change, but for now it's a 1-way street.

HMBBabyface

Reaction score
I'm not touching this or the OTA update with a ten foot pole. .232 works fantastically and they haven't sealed the escape door. Even if .235 is the final version, it's not worth it until you can get out.