[ROM] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid X 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

a_loders

Reaction score
I am not on computer at the moment, but if you can wait a little while I will pm you a link my personal file that i used and have uploaded because there have been a few people having an issue

BAD ASS X

Thanks! I appreciate that. I've really been wanting to give this rom a try.

latokoloshe

Reaction score
clueless77 was kind enough to send me a link to the download and the checksum finally matched! Thanks man!

Now that it is installed, I cant get the calendar widget to work (either of the two default ones) - I need an agenda view on my home screen to keep me organized. The blur one asks which calendars I would like to view, then disappears once I click done...

Anyone else having calendar issues?

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Is there a way to edit the pull down toggles? I don't use nearly all the ones they have on there.

Devices:
DroidX Liberty 3 v2.0 (Current)
Droid 1
Moto Cliq

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Is there a way to edit the pull down toggles? I don't use nearly all the ones they have on there.

Devices:
DroidX Liberty 3 v2.0 (Current)
Droid 1
Moto Cliq

Since they are built into the ROM and not an option I would say no. It. Is likely it requires building the ones you want into the ROM so it would not be an easy swap.

Sent From the Land Before Time...

CAPTainJRacine

Reaction score
After installing a fresh copy of L3.2.0, I am still unable to receive picture messages. I have not tested a simple text MMS. I have unchecked and rechecked both autoretreivals in the cm7 messaging app with no resolution. Anyone else having this issue?

I too had this issue when using the cm7 messaging app, so I switched over to the Blur Messanger, and received a popup notification that I had to enable data to get the MMS (was on wifi). Wondering if this was the issue with the CM7 messaging app, I switched BACK to CM7 messanger app, turned off wifi, turned on data, and was able to download the MMS without any issues...

Tried fixing permissions, didn't work.

Just did a wipe and reflash then restored.

Thanks for the help. No longer going to try and customize the look on this phone... Unfortunately...

I was able to customize my status bar icons to my liking using the UOT Kitchen and didn't have any force close issues with the status bar. Perhaps an alternative you can try to still customize your phone?

I ran into the issue you had when I attempted to edit the pull down toggles in the drop down notification. Still haven't gotten the hang of editing XML files. Only way to get the status bar back was to use CWM to roll back to a backup I made earlier that day.

DanQ

Reaction score
I finally found something that I can't get to perform properly. But there is a workaround:

I have a Ford vehicle with Sync, which supports text to voice via bluetooth. Kind of a neat feature since I get a lot of text messages, and I drive a lot (41000 miles in 18 months). With the CM7 text messenger I have to manually retrieve the text messages. But with the blur text messenger the Sync notification works and I can play the messages through Sync.

Not really a problem to me since I am actually liking the blur text messenger, but I thought I'd mention it in the event there is another Sync user with a Droid X.

Team Liberty has done a very good job in my opinion. This phone is PHENOMENAL with the Liberty ROM installed.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Dumb question I know, but I have to ask... Do I need to be Deodexed to install Liberty? I have just moved to GB .605...and I can not stand the "stock" look of my phone...and I really wat to get back on the Liberty train...

Thanks for any replies...

manhatton

Reaction score
I've encountered this "Insufficient space" error from the market as mentioned in post #17. Any fixes???

Vaffanculo

Reaction score
Just laid 2.0 on top of 1.0 without a wipe and it's running fine. Seriously the best rom I've used for this DX, it's so fast and totally functional.

wdcspurs

Reaction score
I am new to the Liberty ROMs. I love the version I am running! Works like a champ! I was just curious though? Are updates released at all for this ROM? If so, is it an automatic or do we keep our eyes open for it? I am assuming since this is a perfectly stable release, no updates will be released, but other ROMs I have used in the past release updates occasionally! Thanks again!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am new to the Liberty ROMs. I love the version I am running! Works like a champ! I was just curious though? Are updates released at all for this ROM? If so, is it an automatic or do we keep our eyes open for it? I am assuming since this is a perfectly stable release, no updates will be released, but other ROMs I have used in the past release updates occasionally! Thanks again!

I don't know the devs personally but there have been updates, in fact this version was released recently. I don't see why they would not but like I said I have not talked to them personally.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there an issue with this and Jakebites mod or something? I flashed it and Jakebites like I always do with GB ROMs and I had tons of force closes and my phone would randomly reboot. I tried it on my phone ROM and with boot manager.

X

jolino

Reaction score
Reboot a few times, it will go away.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

danielkr

Reaction score
Lib 3 v2.0 Not charging in Motorola Car Dock for DroidX

First and 2nd most importantly relative to this post, Thank you for this ROM! And thank you for the donate-only options.

I noticed the day after I flashed this ROM that the phone will not charge in the Motorola Car Dock for DroidX. To verify it was not my dock, I had someone with a stock DroidX2 insert into the dock and it began charging. I also tested the car charger directly into the DroidX without the dock and it is working properly.

Before I SBF back to GB .605 to verify it is the ROM, I wondered if you could look into this please?

Thanks again,

Daniel