Gorilla Glass smashed

KMG

Reaction score
I dropped my phone. A whit droid raze, with rear case. Dropped on the drive way less than 14 days from purchase. Deductible is $99.00 can not be billed. Left a message at the local motorola store to find if I can send the phone in for new glass replacement with a manufacturer warranty. Its bad.... i would like to share a pic of the shatter and i think i small sliver of glass is in my finger now to. Its real bad... my phone is rad i even down load the ice cream sandwich upgrades and a bright pink slidit key board to day.... Its bad..... I plan on placing a screen cover on tomorrow to try and keep the glass from just falling out if the phone gets bumped..... I think i need a hug. My biggest concern is that if the manufacture can not service the phone for less than the deductible and say if i was to have someone else replace the glass screen what would happen in the future if i was to have to have my phone replaced due something other than damage caused by my use?? Its real bad...

senker

Reaction score
I dropped my phone. A whit droid raze, with rear case. Dropped on the drive way less than 14 days from purchase. Deductible is $99.00 can not be billed. Left a message at the local motorola store to find if I can send the phone in for new glass replacement with a manufacturer warranty. Its bad.... i would like to share a pic of the shatter and i think i small sliver of glass is in my finger now to. Its real bad... my phone is rad i even down load the ice cream sandwich upgrades and a bright pink slidit key board to day.... Its bad..... I plan on placing a screen cover on tomorrow to try and keep the glass from just falling out if the phone gets bumped..... I think i need a hug. My biggest concern is that if the manufacture can not service the phone for less than the deductible and say if i was to have someone else replace the glass screen what would happen in the future if i was to have to have my phone replaced due something other than damage caused by my use?? Its real bad...

My suggestion is just to sell it on ebay. I sold an iphone 4 16GB with smashed screen and a broken home button for $200 last month, no wires or anything, just the broken phone.

Verizon Wireless has Bogo on the Razr right if you have 2 lines open too.

Also, there was an update released today for the Razr

OP
K

KMG

Reaction score
i updated ice cream today, whats bongo

mcsoul

Reaction score
Bad news i feel for you. I thought i killed my RAZR a few days ago and i was freaking out. luckily mine was only software issues.

Kimo91

Reaction score
That sucks big time. My screen has survived some rough drops and I'm really careful with my Razr at that too. I'm investing in an Otterbox next week to be on the safe side. Hopefully your replacement Razr will have a bit tougher gorilla glass on it

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

skyshadow

Reaction score
I'm sorry your phone broke that sucks! Make sure you invest in a case when you get your replacement.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
K

KMG

Reaction score
it sucks

I wish I could post a good photo of the way the glass shattered, I have seen lots of phone with glass issues and this ones shatter pattern is bad. I am leaving my rear case on and today i will apply a screen protector to keep the glass for weekening. It seems like the vibration of the phone moves the shatter pattern in such a way as to let it all loose. We has a motorola store in my area and I left a message for glass replacement pricing. I am just hopeful it well be less than the deductible for damage through the insurance. All I know is one i will not be using my phone in such a way as to drop it again and will be considering my next phone purchases from outside sources than my service provider. I think it is worthy to mention that the phone insurance provider is notably monopolized nearly all of the cell phone service providers. Expect that this will be dissolved as more and more people are offended by the new business structures of service carriers. My previous phones Droid 1, Voyager, Razr flip and i cant even remember what came before all of those. Voyager was the best first technological leap in the brick series.

holla420

Reaction score
wow sorry to hear that.i'm new to the razr for some reason my thunderbolt data stopped working for 2weeks they couldnt fix the problem sent me 3thunderbolts then finally switch me to a razr and gorilla glass was one reason i got the phone.hope ur next one tougher and hope it doesnt happend to mines..and tomorrow i'm investing in a case to be on the safe side

OP
K

KMG

Reaction score
its bad

Yesterday the glass repair site published the repair fees for the droid Razr $249.00 harley a more affordable alternative to the $99.00 deductible with the insurance. I will be getting the phone fixed.... I do like this phone and there is a "BIG" reason why I am not giving up, throwing in the towel. I need tools more than I want toys. The Razr ability for tool is a significant measure over the droid toy applications. The screen it large I can watch movies but I can also build 3D graphs on email them to use in my work. The phone is also capable of running pocket computer softwares PC.... and now with the ice cream combined with pocket pc I literally can make use of time that was previously waisted. I can load my class books and have them read to me by the software in the phone. Also every possible application I want to customize with a colorful skin is already ready. Example I now have pink cheetah facebook. What does this mean, it mean my one on one relationship with my phone is full of tools for life. This also means that in a group setting while everyone is using there standard formats for facebook texting and frames I am blaring pink on pink and cheetah on pink over my super sexy white droid that with its kickstand rear case stands alone and accepts face to face phone calls! So fine whatever they got me for an additional $99.00. Maybe in the future I well be able to build my own cell phone!

nikecar

Reaction score
So fine whatever they got me for an additional $99.00.
They didn't get you for an additional $99. Because of your carelessness, you broke a new phone and are the direct cause of having to spend $99. I cna understand if the phone broke apart while you were holding it, then yes, their fault. You dropped it, accidentally or not.

Don't hate the insurance, be glad it will only cost you $99 to replace it.

OP
K

KMG

Reaction score
They didn't get you for an additional $99. Because of your carelessness, you broke a new phone and are the direct cause of having to spend $99. I cna understand if the phone broke apart while you were holding it, then yes, their fault. You dropped it, accidentally or not.

Don't hate the insurance, be glad it will only cost you $99 to replace it.

Tell me you missed the part about the monopoly of the insurance provider before you posted.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tell me you missed the part about the monopoly of the insurance provider before you posted.

It's not a monopoly...plenty of other options for insurance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk