Cracked Screen

ambrown

Reaction score
And the verizon guys still gave it to you even with the alarm going off? Well like others have said you can try holding the power button for 10 seconds. That should hard reset it from what I've read on Razrs. But you can't do anything else? Like you can't even go into settings, out launch apps?

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums

cris

Reaction score
im surprised you got another one under warranty, they wouldn't even talk to me when my screen cracked, just said it was physical damage and if i had insurance to use that.

exbro2000

Reaction score
Leaned over the hood of my car yesterday with the Hd Maxx in my pocket. Screen was facing my leg and i know i didn't lean too hard. screen cracked and stopped working. Verizon exchanged it because it didn't have a scratch or ding on it but they wanted me to pay full price for it at first. They said the original Razr and Razr Maxx would crack often and it eventually became a known issue where they would replace it under warranty, but until Motorola says its a known issue we are stuck paying the insurance deductible or paying for the phone in full.

M.faulkner31211

Reaction score
I dropped my phone when getting out of my car this morning and this screen that is supposed to be the thoughest cracked :frown: . The display or lcd is fine; no damage, just the plastic or whatever it is made of cracked. PLEASE HELP. I don't want to pay my deductable on insurance if I can just get the part and replace it for cheaper. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I read in another forum that it may just be the digitizer and that I coud get that for like $30. But I just want to make sure that is the right thing I need and if that is something that I can buy and take to my local bluegrass and have them put on for me or if I will be able to do it properly myself.

Thank you very much.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
If you find a place you can buy razr digitizers for $30 I want to know about it

Sent from my XT912 running KOA resurrection CM10 jelly bean

Reaction score
I dropped my phone when getting out of my car this morning and this screen that is supposed to be the thoughest cracked :frown: . The display or lcd is fine; no damage, just the plastic or whatever it is made of cracked. PLEASE HELP. I don't want to pay my deductable on insurance if I can just get the part and replace it for cheaper. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I read in another forum that it may just be the digitizer and that I coud get that for like $30. But I just want to make sure that is the right thing I need and if that is something that I can buy and take to my local bluegrass and have them put on for me or if I will be able to do it properly myself.

Thank you very much.

Not trying to be mean but...Gorilla glass is damage resistant but it's not indestructible. It is hard to tell for sure what is broken without looking at it. I would also like to know where you can get one for only $30.

droidway

Reaction score

Thank you very much.
$30? It must be the glass lens. Though it's very cheap, it's difficult to replace the glass lens, especially if you do it yourself. You'd better buy the part and take it to the local shop.

schoolyard

Reaction score
My screen broke last night,I hope it can be repaired,I used my last update on this phone,don't want to spend full retail for another.Will go to Verizon store today,wish me luck,by the way first time in 14 years of cell use this has happened.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
My screen broke last night,I hope it can be repaired,I used my last update on this phone,don't want to spend full retail for another.Will go to Verizon store today,wish me luck,by the way first time in 14 years of cell use this has happened.

Good luck! I have broken my screen like 3x lol.

emilioaponte

Reaction score
That's bad news. Your G2 got a case or cover ?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

schoolyard

Reaction score
Yes it has a case on it,I have dropped it before nothing ever happened,this time it tapped the edge of my car door while I was opening it and it cracked,phone will not work with these cracks

emilioaponte

Reaction score
Yes it has a case on it,I have dropped it before nothing ever happened,this time it tapped the edge of my car door while I was opening it and it cracked,phone will not work with these cracks

Sorry, well good luck with Verizon.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk