Razr Maxx Gorilla Glass ? Get a protective screen! This G Glassnot as good as Droid X

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A whitening toothpaste and a piece of denim is an old school way to polish scratches out of glass. I've used it on old watches, but haven't tried it on my phone yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Josebunbury

Reaction score
:happy3: never had an issue with using screen protectors and I like to keep my screens as good as I can , the phone itself I can live with...

aktrazer

Reaction score
It's all about choices. I could put on a screen protector and an Otterbox case and have a very durable phone, but I got my RAZR because it's thin and has an awesome screen. I like to enjoy those qualities, so I won't cover them up with a case and screen protector (I also hate how screen protectors dull the touch sensitivity). I know the risk and I won't come pissing and moaning if I ever scratch my screen.

The people who get to me are the ones who will either say you're a fool for not being protected or who are unprotected and then call the device crap when they break it.

Agreed, it's a personal choice, the loss of sensitivity and less clarity doesn't bother me, so I dont have issues using them. Some people think that's too much. To each his own. :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
A whitening toothpaste and a piece of denim is an old school way to polish scratches out of glass. I've used it on old watches, but haven't tried it on my phone yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I've heard toothpaste worked with other surfaces but never heard it used for glass. I have a watch with lens scratches that needs a treatment. I'll have to give the toothpaste a try just to see if it works as well as the RareOx. I'll report back. Either way, I still have the RareOx to fall back on if it doesn't.

+1 on the Denim, since Denim is 100% Cotton, so it won't scratch the glass and is absorbent!

Good information though... ;)