FoxKat's Razr/Maxx Jelly Bean Leak Classroom W/MattyP & Friends

hanielserrato

Reaction score
Has anyone else suffered from RAZR slow down... What I mean is that my RAZR sometimes seems to slow to a crawl... I long press the hinge button and remove everything from there and there is no change in speed. I usually have to reboot the phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I followed the link below as suggested by so,many GURUs on this board, and achieved JB root with ease! I was so fearful of rooting,yet had to try, because of poor battery issues since JB OTA.
Had to FDR anyway, so why not root! THANKS TO ALL who helped, and responded to my questions. Now, I need to gain a better understanding of SuperUser and Titanium Back up:)
Thanks a million! You all ROCK!

http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...ility-190-windows-mac-linux-all-in-one/]DROID RAZR Utility 1.90 -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) - DroidRzr.com

BTW! I used Options 1 and 3 for FDR, full data wipe, install JB and root.

Droid Razr via Tapatalk

Yee ha! Way to go helron! Have fun exploring. Hope it proves to do great for you!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

redstocks85

Reaction score
Lifesaver

1) Yes I always FDR and clear cache (FDR will clear cache also) when changing anything to do with the ROM. It does help fix any issues that updating may have caused.
2) Yes this is where you access it. With the phone off hold both volume buttons and the power button at the same time. A menu will show up, using volume down button highlight recovery and then use volume up to select it. Once you get to the screen with the droid on his back hit both volume buttons again. You will then see the menu for FDR and such. Use the power button to select in this menu and volume to move. (I know you said you knew how but just saying it for others that may not)
3) As far as I've seen you access it the same way on your phone no matter the ROM. Its like going to BIOS on your computer it doesn't have anything to do with ROM so much as its on the motherboard. (I could be wrong on this but pretty sure that how it works)

My Razr Maxx was using 700mb+ ram constantly until I did this...now it's under 400. Thank you!

sakana

Reaction score
My Razr Maxx was using 700mb+ ram constantly until I did this...now it's under 400. Thank you!

Keep in mind smart phones use ram differently then computers do. So the fact that your phone seems to have a lot of its ram being used is how they are set up to work. Unlike a computer where you want it all free that isn't the same on these devices. But glad you found it helped.

sakana

Reaction score
I just have to say so far I'm not so impressed by this JB update. Almost rather have .215 back. It's nothing major but I have seen a decrease in battery even after training, but I am going to train some more just to be sure. There are little things though, like long clicking an app to uninstall it the icon gets all out of whack and looks like its at the bottom of my screen. Placing apps onto the home page they drop where ever they want at first. They got rid of MOTOPrint. Non of this is big but just little annoying things all starting to add up.

One change I think is fun is the google now, and saying google to do voice search. It makes me laugh, oh google you kick siri's butt. DancingNexusdancedroid:icon_ banana:

helron

Reaction score
Had to reinstall JB today because of ROOT installation error. Thought I'd pass along my mistake. I forgot to put phone into Media Mode. Thought it wasn't necessary with new exploit. UGH!
Went nuts trying to find my problem, and thankfully, Foxkat reminded me to use Media Mode. Ah! Life is good!

So, if If you are passing along instructions or helping someone who was unable to achieve root, remind them to put phone in Media Mode,as well as DEBUGGING whenever ROOT option 3 is selected.

Go here to install or reinstall JB ---works like a charm>>>>> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...jellybean-windows-mac-linux-all-one.htmlDROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All in One!)
Video Here>>> [video=youtube;bzyu2qz8L6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzyu2qz8L6U"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzyu2qz8L6U[/video]

This is what u will see if u ROOT:
U must place in debugging mode as show below, and ALSO take phone off USB mass storage and place in Media Mode.
k9xCvjeGAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

avenged61973

Reaction score
I just have to say so far I'm not so impressed by this JB update. Almost rather have .215 back. It's nothing major but I have seen a decrease in battery even after training, but I am going to train some more just to be sure. There are little things though, like long clicking an app to uninstall it the icon gets all out of whack and looks like its at the bottom of my screen. Placing apps onto the home page they drop where ever they want at first. They got rid of MOTOPrint. Non of this is big but just little annoying things all starting to add up.

One change I think is fun is the google now, and saying google to do voice search. It makes me laugh, oh google you kick siri's butt. DancingNexusdancedroid:icon_ banana:

Sakana do you have your screen animations shut off in developers options? If you do that will cause your icons to go crazy when you try to put them on the homescreen. I found that out on the xmas eve leak.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

helron

Reaction score
Just noticed that my Razr stock calendar is not syncing with Google Calendar, nor is a newly purchased calendar syncing beyond 2 months. However, I can sync my Google calendar with my IPAD.
When I rooted yesterday, a system flash screen appeard stating that my Google/AndoridID had changed, and that I should accept the new ID. i did so, and noticed that I was not able to install prior Google Appstore purchases . Checked the boards for help, and within a few hours the problem corrected itself. However, I noticed that my Raxr calendars refuse to sync as they did before Droid Utility, RazrBlade, etc.
Since Google Calendar shows 2years plus of data, as does my Ipad, I assume that the calendar account is working. But, I cant seem to get all of my 2 years of appts on to my phone (as I had in the past.). i have deleted stock calendar, and purchased calendar, rebooted and tried, and tried. But, nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks!

More:
if I follow these instructions, can I re add my former account, and perhaps correct the problem if there was a corruption issue?

1. Open the Accounts & Sync settings.The Accounts & Sync Settings screen displays your current sync settings and a list of your current accounts.
  2. Touch the account to delete.
  3. Touch Remove account.
  4. Confirm that you want to remove the account.

sjason73

Reaction score
I have been trying the system update check continuously waiting for JB update. Have had it on my ASUS for a few months already and can't figure out why I still haven't received it. I'm glad that I got onto this thread and read that since I had the .215 version that I wouldn't receive to JB by push. I have never modified any of my electronic OS's. I though the .215 would be fine since it was being so fluently recommended on here. NOT. If I knew that it would have caused a problem down the road I wouldn't have done it. So, I basically followed this thread to get back to .211 and at that point stopped and did a system update check to which-
Voilà I have an update. I hope that it won't cause a problem by ending the process with a factory update instead of loading JB per the thread? That will be the last time that I modify the OS without manufacture recommendation.

helron

Reaction score
Google is ignoring a major SYNC issue. Hundreds of posts documented in Google Discussion boards state that there is a continued syncing problem with Google Calender. Some seem to think it has something to do with storing data block events. While others, simply can't figure it out.
In any event, users are unable to view phone calendars with entries several years in the past.

The ability to see back into my calendar (diary) has always been critical to me. What's the point of having a phone and being unable to review ALL calendar entries?
Buy a new Android? Why? kills me to say it, but Apple syncs beautifully with Google calendars.
Google doesn't seem to give a hoot about supporting users. Phones and newer OTA's continue to fix this issue.
It's a bad day for Android, when crappy APPLE can sync a Google Calendar, which includes event blocks, and several years of data. Ouch!

I'm really surprised that there aren't any 3rd party apps to rectify this issue. Hey! There are scads of people who depend on calendar data for their jobs, their health,etc.
Who doesn't use a calendar??? Why doesn't Google wake up and listen to the posts in their own our OWN forum!
Bloggers need to slam Google for neglected the most BASIC function of a Smartphone (or should I say Dumbphone, now!)

:biggrin:

helron

Reaction score
I use acalender

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

So do I, and I purchased aCalendar it a while back. However, ever since JB Utility and Root, and perhaps something with Titanium backing up-something went wrong. I've noticed after doing the factory data reset via Utility , and installing Titanium Backup, I got notice to change my Android device ID. i did. I think that may have caused this issue. Who knows?
I guess the fix is just ignore device ID change. Thr thought of starting from scratch is paining me:)

helron

Reaction score
So do I, and I purchased aCalendar it a while back. However, ever since JB Utility and Root, and perhaps something with Titanium backing up-something went wrong. I've noticed after doing the factory data reset via Utility , and installing Titanium Backup, I got notice to change my Android device ID. i did. I think that may have caused this issue. Who knows?
I guess the fix is just ignore device ID change. The thought of starting from scratch is paining me:)

FIX is here!
Finally, after hours or reading, searching and trying suggestions to gain ability to sync all 3 years of Google calendar data, I found a way around it. I still don't know why Google won't transfer all of my calendar data to my DROID, so here's what I had to do:

I HAD TO EDIT EVERY CALENDAR ENTRY from March, 2012 backwards. In some cases I just added a period in the event description or in other cases I capitalized a letter. I'm sure you'll get the idea. Tiresome? Yes! Worth it? YES!! It's the only remedy for folks who depend on mibile calendars!

It's just very strange that our IPAD synced the entire calendar after the JB update and root. I've used aCalendar+ for sometime, and it has always been a great friend! We use it on the IPAD and Android.

Hope this helps others dealing with the same issue.

nyvideo

Reaction score
There is a much easier fix than editing every entry.

Log onto your gmail calendar go to settings and export your calendar/s. It will give you a download with all your calendars in a zip file.
Unzip it and then import your calendar or multiple calendars. Make SURE, if you are importing multiple calendars you select the correct
calendar in the drop down menu. Google knows not to create duplicates. It will take a little bit of time to get update to your phone,
but I've usually had all mine within 10-15 min.

FIX is here!
Finally, after hours or reading, searching and trying suggestions to gain ability to sync all 3 years of Google calendar data, I found a way around it. I still don't know why Google won't transfer all of my calendar data to my DROID, so here's what I had to do:

I HAD TO EDIT EVERY CALENDAR ENTRY from March, 2012 backwards. In some cases I just added a period in the event description or in other cases I capitalized a letter. I'm sure you'll get the idea. Tiresome? Yes! Worth it? YES!! It's the only remedy for folks who depend on mibile calendars!

It's just very strange that our IPAD synced the entire calendar after the JB update and root. I've used aCalendar+ for sometime, and it has always been a great friend! We use it on the IPAD and Android.

Hope this helps others dealing with the same issue.