Official OTA ICS Update Guide for Droid Razr & Razr MAXX - adapted from rda990's

animal67

Reaction score
Yes....still says connection reset. Dont need it now but would like to have it just in case.

merryvale

Reaction score
I also confirm this works and thank you!! I waited until hangover was clear before attempting. Be in a happy place before doing this:blink:

I forgot: a big thank you to computerfixer412!!!

Last edited:

Halcyon01

Reaction score
So is this a sure-fire way of getting ICS up and running? I'm right at the threshold of trying it out tonight and waiting for it to show up some time tomorrow. If I knew there was no risk or very little risk of bricking it at all, I'd go ahead and do it.

fortenfury

Reaction score
After running 1.07 my phone will not reboot. The screen shuts off after displaying the moto logo. any suggestions

mikegentryfl

Reaction score
i bricked mine originally. I used the 1.7 fix and downloaded the update again and oh yeah ICS. Thanks.

Halcyon01

Reaction score
Man, you guys aren't making this easy for me. I really wanna do it out of boredom and the fact that I've been craving ICS for months now, but I'm very very paranoid about doing something to my phone.

rastaman_

Reaction score
I'm all ready to do it but scared because I'm a computer dumbass. Maybe I should wait, is it for sure coming out tomorrow?

rastaman_

Reaction score
Computerfixer, your step 12. From Step 4 files (Files extracted to C:\), double click on the "DroidRAZRUtility.bat" file. But the files you said to exrtact to C:\ aren't the ones you said to do that to in step 7. I'm confused!

kmss1

Reaction score
RDA990, Mattlgroff and Computerfixer412: Thank you so much for all the effort you put into all of this!!

To all others still working on this: It often takes two attempts to get this right and have ICS up and running. Some have had to do a 'factory reset' after completion for the Home and Search keys to work properly, but this DOES work IF the directions are followed carefully.

roadlizard

Reaction score
This isn't for the faint of heart or the impatient. I've got ICS up and running and MAN, DOES IT ROCK!!!! That said, I worked on it from about 10:30 p.m. until 2 a.m. the next morning non-stop. Multiple failures and bricked phone. Had to run Matt's 1.7 about 20 times and clear cache 30 times. Ended up doing full wipe and factory reset. FINALLY got it to load start to finish without erroring out. Then the next day, I noticed several bugs... home key wouldn't work and a couple other oddities. Sooo... I started over again and it took about 1.5 hours of factory reset, Matt's 1.7 multiple times, clear cache, 1.7, etc and finally got it to reload again. Everything seems right now and home key actually works like it is supposed to. The ONLY thing I can complain about so far, is that the VASTLY improved email client doesn't always want to push email. This issue seems to come and go and I haven't nailed down yet what the solution is... If you don't have to have it, I'd recommend waiting for the OTA. If you do it, be patient and be systematic...

cedricl

Reaction score
So is this a sure-fire way of getting ICS up and running? I'm right at the threshold of trying it out tonight and waiting for it to show up some time tomorrow. If I knew there was no risk or very little risk of bricking it at all, I'd go ahead and do it.

I tried two other methods to get ICS on my RAZR, with bad results. This is the only method that worked without any problems. It works great.

Bornatiger

Reaction score
If you can't follow computerfixer's very detailed and precise instructions, heres a walk through video:
[video=youtube;UaOcGUoBjY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaOcGUoBjY4&feature=plcp[/video]
If you do exactly what he does on the video, you can't screw anything up.

Last edited: