FoxKat's Razr/Maxx Jelly Bean Leak Classroom W/MattyP & Friends

njvs

Reaction score
I'm running .215 on an unrooted Razr Maxx. I'm really hesitant to upgrade to JB, especially since I have to roll back to .211. Is JB really worth it?

Raydee35

Reaction score
2.15 ran good with good battery life. I was nervous to to the update to JB as you are but I think it was worth it. Battery life seems to be about the same as .215 but the phone seems to run better and faster with JB.

wendee2150

Reaction score
FoxKat's RAZR/MAXX to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends!

Class 1 - ROLLING BACK TO .211:
  1. First, MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS AT LEAST 50% CHARGED!! This update process is LONG (it's a huge file), and will tax your battery.
  2. BACK UP EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KEEP;

To back up the SMS's, try https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ure=nav_result (it's never failed me - make sure to choose the backup storage location to be your SD-EXT external removable SD Card).

To back up your Call Log, try https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result (again, it's never failed me - make sure to choose the backup storage location to be your SD-EXT external removable SD Card).

MOVE ALL PHOTOS, VIDEOS, AND ANY IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO YOUR EXTERNAL SD CARD (just in case).
  3. Next, go to https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ail/a_id/88481 and download and install the proper Motorola drivers for your PC.
  4. Now go to Droid RAZR Utility Version 1.82 and download Matt L Groff's Droid RAZR Utility 1.82. *Link to Matt's PayPal Donation portal (http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=X3TGF8V475U2L)
    1. Note: Drivinfocused mentioned some could be confused regarding whether you also need to download the Fastboot file (Version VRZ_XT912_6.7.2-180), or not. Hopefully this will clear things up. The link above for the Droid RAZR Utility Version 1.82 contains the necessary Fastboot file, so you don't need to download the Fastboot file separately.

When we click on the 1.82 link it tells us it is not found. Is there an updated link to the 1.82 Utility? Thanks!

redrat302

Reaction score
I was hoping someone can help me. I followed mattlgroffs instructions on upgrading to the December JB leak with root. It worked great since january until a couple weeks ago....not sure what happened but I lost my LTE baseband. I tried following someone's instructions which included using rsd to flash an older ROM....bricked my RAZR....managed to restore to stock JB using Matt's utility...still missing lte baseband....any idras ?

redrat302

Reaction score
System version
98.72.16.xt912.verizon.en.us

Android version

Baseband version
CDMA_N_05.21.00r

GotnFX

Reaction score
Yes...and I picked option 1.....at that point my phone was not rooted....should it have been for it to work?

No, it shouldn't have mattered if you were rooted or not. I'd try repeating option one again. If that doesn't work, I'd redownload the utility. My stock baseband is the same as yours but has more characters.

redrat302

Reaction score
No, it shouldn't have mattered if you were rooted or not. I'd try repeating option one again. If that doesn't work, I'd redownload the utility. My stock baseband is the same as yours but has more characters.

Thanks......I'll try it after work....do I need to do a factory reset after the flash?

GotnFX

Reaction score
Thanks......I'll try it after work....do I need to do a factory reset after the flash?

Technically that's what option 1 is..flashing of JB with a factory reset. Try it before flashing now, but I doubt it won't work still....however you never know until you try.

redrat302

Reaction score
Technically that's what option 1 is..flashing of JB with a factory reset. Try it before flashing now, but I doubt it won't work still....however you never know until you try.

I re-downloaded the utility using your link...reinstalled the windows drivers...and reflashed......the baseband remains the same. Thank you for your help...any ideas?

GotnFX

Reaction score
I re-downloaded the utility using your link...reinstalled the windows drivers...and reflashed......the baseband remains the same. Thank you for your help...any ideas?

I'm at a loss then? Here is a screenshot of my baseband using the same link. I'd post in that link and see if you get any hits. I'm sorry..

ForumRunner_20130605_213338.png

GotnFX

Reaction score

You know..I wonder if you have a bad SIM card. Just throwing out ideas since its weird you basically have done the same thing I have and our basebands don't match.