FoxKat's Razr/Maxx Jelly Bean Leak Classroom W/MattyP & Friends

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Helron, one of the things you may want to check is to make sure you are not on global data mode (will suck battery lots). Go into settings--> more... (under data usage)--> mobile networks--> network mode. Select LTE/CDMA.

Do you have a Maxx or a Razr? 24 hours on a Razr is excellent battery life, not so on a Maxx. 18 hours on a Razr is still very good. It may just be a few tweaks to get your old battery life back or it could be that some of JB's added features (such as Google Now) will drain more than what was draining on ICS.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

helron

Reaction score
Helron, one of the things you may want to check is to make sure you are not on global data mode (will suck battery lots). Go into settings--> more... (under data usage)--> mobile networks--> network mode. Select LTE/CDMA.

Do you have a Maxx or a Razr? 24 hours on a Razr is excellent battery life, not so on a Maxx. 18 hours on a Razr is still very good. It may just be a few tweaks to get your old battery life back or it could be that some of JB's added features (such as Google Now) will drain more than what was draining on ICS.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Tis,
Thanks for continued interest in my Battery Saga Problem is that it is so sporadic. I get longer battery levels when becauI'm hardly using the phone.
It basically comes down to this: what's the use of having a smart phone if you can't use all the goodies that come with it?
I guess that's what bothers me so muchI have to usenet the phone so sparsely, instead of using everything that's available to me. And , when I do use everything the battery is just awful. Jellybean and Google now are terrific, but for some strange reason they are horrific on my Razr.
Prior to jellybean I was able to recalibrate and would be fine. However, with jellybean, the recalibration is not doing the trick. Who knows? Perhaps, I need to recalibrate more often than before. In Any event I am going to try anything to get this phone working. Also, I haven't installed most of the apps I had when using ice cream Sandwich. I run very few now, and that's another reason I am so bothered with battery life. I just can enjoy the benefits of the Razr, yet I luv the phone!! LOL LOL

moset

Reaction score
Just my pennies worth.
I agree that turning off features (that improve your experience) to save battery defeats the purpose.
I am getting a CLN MAXX today because of an issue with the speaker. It seems my battery life had degraded over the 16 months I've had it.
Two users comparing battery life is difficult due to many factors. The way I use my maxx I tend to get about 10 hours with the screen on fully half of that time. That has decreased. I'm thinking part of the reason is that the battery itself has degraded. I only recently got 4G in my area which I know will also use more battery.
The screen is always the biggest user of battery in terms of time on.
Two factors can effect screen battery use with AMOLED screens. Brightness, and colors. Black uses the least, white or blue use the most. Black screen with white text uses less than white with black text for example.
As for battery degradation I should know if that is a factor in my case by tomorrow with my CLN replacement. I hope the "like new" includes the battery.
Soon see.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
I can't even get the first step done. My computer won't recognize phone. I've installed the drivers, tried different usb chords and still no luck.

avenged61973

Reaction score
I can't even get the first step done. My computer won't recognize phone. I've installed the drivers, tried different usb chords and still no luck.

Did you extract the files directly to your c drive?

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
Did you extract the files directly to your c drive?

It won't recognize it at all. Not just when I try to flash it back. I plug it in and all it does is charge. I get and "unknown device" in the bottom right corner.

GotnFX

Reaction score

It has to be the original cord that came with the phone. If you believe you are using the correct cord, try another USB input on your computer.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Make sure to use a dedicated USB port (usually located on the back of the PC) and not a crappy front USB port.

aarong03

Reaction score
Ok, my laptop is running windows 7 Enterprise, and it recognizes my phone. But when I go to launch the DroidRazr utility.bat file it opens the dos screen, and when I press enter the dos screen disappears. I think I'm missing a setting or something in windows 7.

sakana

Reaction score
Ok, my laptop is running windows 7 Enterprise, and it recognizes my phone. But when I go to launch the DroidRazr utility.bat file it opens the dos screen, and when I press enter the dos screen disappears. I think I'm missing a setting or something in windows 7.

Right click the .bat file and run it as administrator. That isn't always necessary but its a good idea to do. I'm on win 7 and it works just fine.

itzjusmee

Reaction score

You could also move the utility to the root of your C:\ drive, opening up dos manually by typing cmd in your search/run bar in the start menu and running the utility that way.

swallman

Reaction score
Still looking for a response as to whether or not a wipe is recommended/required after going from .215 back to .211 ?

Thanks!

sakana

Reaction score
Still looking for a response as to whether or not a wipe is recommended/required after going from .215 back to .211 ?

Thanks!

Depends, if your upgrading to JB then just do the FDR after that. If your staying on .211 then i would do one.

aarong03

Reaction score
Right click the .bat file and run it as administrator. That isn't always necessary but its a good idea to do. I'm on win 7 and it works just fine.

Thanks. I ended up putting it in the temp folder and it worked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums