FoxKat's Razr/Maxx Jelly Bean Leak Classroom W/MattyP & Friends

nyvideo

Reaction score
As part of the instructions to Root the razr, it wants the Smart Action Battery Saver turned on.
Once the rooting is done, does that need to still be on?
So far the defaults don't seem to have affected my data, but not sure if its worth keeping on or if its now required.

Anyone know?

GotnFX

Reaction score
As part of the instructions to Root the razr, it wants the Smart Action Battery Saver turned on.
Once the rooting is done, does that need to still be on?
So far the defaults don't seem to have affected my data, but not sure if its worth keeping on or if its now required.

Anyone know?

If you are asking if you will lose root once you turn off the battery saver. The answer is no. Once you know your are rooted, then the smart action app can be used as a normal app. No need to save or leave on if you don't use it.

nyvideo

Reaction score
Calendar app

There is a calendar app that syncs directly with google calendar and will get your entire calendar from the past.
It is Calengoo And works well.

The other option is to log onto google calendar, and export your calendars. Then re-import them and your entire calendar will be on your android. Usually takes around 10-15 min to sync.

Google is ignoring a major SYNC issue. Hundreds of posts documented in Google Discussion boards state that there is a continued syncing problem with Google Calender. Some seem to think it has something to do with storing data block events. While others, simply can't figure it out.
In any event, users are unable to view phone calendars with entries several years in the past.

The ability to see back into my calendar (diary) has always been critical to me. What's the point of having a phone and being unable to review ALL calendar entries?
Buy a new Android? Why? kills me to say it, but Apple syncs beautifully with Google calendars.
Google doesn't seem to give a hoot about supporting users. Phones and newer OTA's continue to fix this issue.
It's a bad day for Android, when crappy APPLE can sync a Google Calendar, which includes event blocks, and several years of data. Ouch!

I'm really surprised that there aren't any 3rd party apps to rectify this issue. Hey! There are scads of people who depend on calendar data for their jobs, their health,etc.
Who doesn't use a calendar??? Why doesn't Google wake up and listen to the posts in their own our OWN forum!
Bloggers need to slam Google for neglected the most BASIC function of a Smartphone (or should I say Dumbphone, now!)

:biggrin:

helron

Reaction score
There is a much easier fix than editing every entry.

Log onto your gmail calendar go to settings and export your calendar/s. It will give you a download with all your calendars in a zip file.
Unzip it and then import your calendar or multiple calendars. Make SURE, if you are importing multiple calendars you select the correct
calendar in the drop down menu. Google knows not to create duplicates. It will take a little bit of time to get update to your phone,
but I've usually had all mine within 10-15 min.

I had tried that several time,s and each time,the method failed. That is why I had to edit each and every entry. Now, that it's done, it's over, and life is good. Sometimes, for some phones, or people -there is no easy remedy. Oh! Why can't I ever be in the easy group:) I hope your remedy works! --- I encourage everyone to try it before having to edit every entry.:biggrin:

helron

Reaction score
Question re: Safestrap and Install

SS11 installed and was preparing to install CM10.1
Created a Nickname for Slot 1
Wiped necessary files
Went to SDCard and reealized that I had copied the wrong file over to the phone. DUH! Idiot me! Did I learn a good lesson, or what?!
Well, now I want to back out of SS.
How can I do that safely?

Disregard. Answer found.

unholydoragon

Reaction score
Is there one for the recent update? I can't get it to install on my rooted Droid even with voodoo

GotnFX

Reaction score

bogle8

Reaction score
help

Can someone help me? I'm trying to roll back to .211 before flashing JB. I chose option 1 in Matty P's 1.82 utility. It has gone through a couple of steps and i've hit a key to make it continue. Now it just says: sending 'system' . It's been here for over 45 minutes. Can I stop it and start over? What should I do?

Thanks!

bogle8

Reaction score
Never mind. I reran the utility with the factory cable and it worked.

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
hey guys. rooted razr maxx 912 on .215 leak. done A LOT of reading through the .215 leak thread and this one and just had a few questions

first off I have downloaded 1.86 utility and this utility in this thread.

1. since I'm rooted already, would it just be easier to voodoo keep my root, use option 1 in 1.86 utility to roll back to .211 and then OTA update to JB and voodoo back to root?

2. should I not use voodoo, use 1.86 option 1 to roll back, and then use this utility to update to JB, root and safestrap?

3. also I'm not very familiar with what safestrap does, except make it possible for custom roms (not really interested)

4. in your opinion, is JB better than .215?

5. is entitlement check for wifi tether possible for JB?

thanks guys.

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
hey guys. rooted razr maxx 912 on .215 leak. done A LOT of reading through the .215 leak thread and this one and just had a few questions

1. since I'm rooted already, would it just be easier to voodoo keep my root, use option 1 in 1.86 utility to roll back to .211 and then OTA update to JB and voodoo back to root?

2. should I not use voodoo, use 1.86 option 1 to roll back, and then use this utility to update to JB, root and safestrap?

3. also I'm not very familiar with what safestrap does, except make it possible for custom roms (not really interested)

thanks guys.

Bump

Sent from my phone that has no eye

GotnFX

Reaction score

thanks guys.

You're easiest options is 1 since your are rooted and want to keep root. I was on the DEC JB leak, got official JB pushed, but forgot to temp unroot. When I went back to voodoo and restore root, I still had it. You can do anything you had done on ICS in JB. Some have reported good and bad battery on JB. Also, no need for safe strap if don't plan to install custom ROMs.