[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 (6/5/12)

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Ok now this makes no sense to someone please help!!!! Like i said early enabled safe mode flashed eclipse and it said i had lost root....ok confused me but disabled safe mode back into my stock ota and everything seemed fine still had root and everything. So i redownloaded eclipse booted into recovery and went to enable safe mode and it said restore of data failed so i tried it again and it said back up of data failed so i rebooted and when i did i was back on stock ota. No root no nothing its like i just pulled the phone out of the box and i also had forever root. If someone could help me figure out how this happened i would greatly appreciate it!!!! Oh and if could some one could also point me to were the 902 root procedure is so i can reroot this it would be appreciated also lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
Ok now this makes no sense to someone please help!!!! Like i said early enabled safe mode flashed eclipse and it said i had lost root....ok confused me but disabled safe mode back into my stock ota and everything seemed fine still had root and everything. So i redownloaded eclipse booted into recovery and went to enable safe mode and it said restore of data failed so i tried it again and it said back up of data failed so i rebooted and when i did i was back on stock ota. No root no nothing its like i just pulled the phone out of the box and i also had forever root. If someone could help me figure out how this happened i would greatly appreciate it!!!! Oh and if could some one could also point me to were the 902 root procedure is so i can reroot this it would be appreciated also lol.

Ive been screwing with these for a couple years now and I have have never herd of anyone loosing root from flashing a rom but strange things happen. Anyway you can try this to get root if not Google it. xda-developers - View Single Post - [guide] rooting stock 902 with safestrap recovery just

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
ok so i found the 902 exploit ran it and i got root again booted into safe strap went to enable safe mode and it said restoring data failed rebooted and back to stock ota but this time i keep root. it will not let me enable safe mode and just takes me back to ota when i reboot if i try to. anybody have any ideas

wooddale

Reaction score
ok so i found the 902 exploit ran it and i got root again booted into safe strap went to enable safe mode and it said restoring data failed rebooted and back to stock ota but this time i keep root. it will not let me enable safe mode and just takes me back to ota when i reboot if i try to. anybody have any ideas
Are you folowing the instructions for safestrap. I dont use it but I have tried it. 902 is your primary rom you go into safe first thing you do is make a backup in safe. then you toogle it will make another backup then you get the safe recovery screen you wipe bla bla bla. then you go to the rom you have downloaded on your card and install., that should be it

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
yes im following the instructions ive used safe strap since ive had my bionic for some reason now everytime i go to enable safe mode it wants to restore the eclipse version i had that said i didnt have root. i uninstalled safe strap recovery deleted its contents off the sdcard and uninstalled the app. im going to reinstall the app and try it again.

wooddale

Reaction score
Ya Bud that makes sense it still thinks thats what you want to go back to all you would have had to do is let installk delete it and load the new one up just like in bootstrap you should be allwright let me know

cmac93hatch

Reaction score
Rerooted running eclipse 2.2 and still have root thanks for the help man

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rerooted running eclipse 2.2 and still have root thanks for the help man

Glad you got it working, sorry I wasn't around much yesterday but I work nights and sleep in the afternoon. I'm still not sure why you had lost root on the eclipse rom in safestrap but good to see you were able to reroot and try again with success:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Working very nice so far.....once I move back into my 4G area I will be able to test data better. But looks and runs fantastic so far!

Dyerseve

Reaction score
.893?

So I'm running 2.0 on .893 and am looking to upgrade. From what I see I have to upgrade to .902 but in all honesty, the 3 hours worth of looking around i've been doing is making me dizzy, none of which is making much sense to me.

Is there a simple, well explained walk-through somewhere that explains in detail what needs to be done to go from 2.0 on .893 to 2.2? I'm about ready to give up haha.

wooddale

Reaction score
So I'm running 2.0 on .893 and am looking to upgrade. From what I see I have to upgrade to .902 but in all honesty, the 3 hours worth of looking around i've been doing is making me dizzy, none of which is making much sense to me.

Is there a simple, well explained walk-through somewhere that explains in detail what needs to be done to go from 2.0 on .893 to 2.2? I'm about ready to give up haha.

If you want a walk through you can probably find a video justr google (realesed root for bionic video) and you will find it. but if you are on 893 and have a bone stock rooted backup all you have to do is find the 902 file and flash it in stock recovery.

Dyerseve

Reaction score
Well I got that all squared away after nearly bricking my phone. I just tried to download 2.2 and it looks like a dead link. Is there a mirror for it anywhere?

wooddale

Reaction score
Well I got that all squared away after nearly bricking my phone. I just tried to download 2.2 and it looks like a dead link. Is there a mirror for it anywhere?
Nitro has his own site just google new eclipse site. Its his second one I guess he was having troubles with the first one. Its still new but you can get the link there I think

mrgarrison

Reaction score
This is one sexxxy ROM! The little things make a huge difference. Like removing services.. its helped my battery life tremendously! Keep em cummin eclipse team!