[ROM] Eclipse v3.0 (6/5/12)

Reaction score
Some of the stuff you're talking about, like the contacts widget, is part of Blur. So you won't get that with this ROM. Also, RE: the VZW backup app, I'm not sure whether that relies on Blur or not. Why not just take advantage of the normal Android backup to your Google account?

I installed the eclipse rom. And i have to say its way way way better visually then the stock. But have some issues. When i hold press to move a app on desktop from one pane to another, its very difficult as in you have to get it all the way to the edge of screen. It force closed a couple of times while doing that. Does this not have the contact widget like the stock where you swipe down and has 20 quick contacts(might have missed it while looking). Another is my digital clock and weather widget does not play nice with the rom. The clear type effect doesnt work. And last and very important is the back up assist. Does not work or sync. So have to manually add my contacts. The applications menu button needs to direct you to the application settings instead of the applictions installed. Another is the mail, keeps on saying new mail but i made sure all was read. But all in all this is very cool rom. Love all the eye candy. Be able to scroll desktop 360. Notification bar was the main reason i installed this rom. Seems to be very responsive more then the stock. Wait to see if battery is effected. So keep it a couple days see if it grows.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ROM is the actual build version, while a theme is usually alterations to the general look of the ROM, like colors, icon style, font colors...but sometimes themes can also change how portions of the ROM behave as well... Themes are usually only compatible for the ROM it was built for...

wldtazm4

Reaction score
Problem! =(

Hey guys, I just installed 2.2 and im not getting any network/3g connection, all I can get is wifi....I did a factory reset, I also wiped delvik cache and /system. Any ideas to help me would be much appreciated.

wooddale

Reaction score
ROM is the actual build version, while a theme is usually alterations to the general look of the ROM, like colors, icon style, font colors...but sometimes themes can also change how portions of the ROM behave as well... Themes are usually only compatible for the ROM it was built for...

Spoken like a true themer Good Answer

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just installed 2.2 and im not getting any network/3g connection, all I can get is wifi....I did a factory reset, I also wiped delvik cache and /system. Any ideas to help me would be much appreciated.

You needed to be on .902 radios to install this ROM, were you?

wooddale

Reaction score
Go into settings make sure you are on cdma lte or cdma if your 3g or 4g. Make you turn wifi off

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
it says .902

Ah crud, I forgot that installing v2.2 would make it read that.... question is what was the last OTA you installed? what's the baseband info read?... if you never installed the .901 or .902 OTAs then you are likely still on 5.5.893....

wldtazm4

Reaction score
well i was on eclipse 2.0 which I just found out was .893, so....that was no bueno I take it

wldtazm4

Reaction score
Thank you very much, worked great. everything is working fine now and im liking it a lot ^_^

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank you very much, worked great. everything is working fine now and im liking it a lot ^_^

Awesome!... great to hear...:biggrin: