[ROM] [PORT] Eclipse V2.2.1

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I just finished porting build 7 stable eclipse and updated it to 906. Running it and have it tested now. Its also rethemed and overclocked to 1.2 So far so good. I'll post it up in the next day or too. Just having some icon issues as far as I can see.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
davros said:
I just finished porting build 7 stable eclipse and updated it to 906. Running it and have it tested now. Its also rethemed and overclocked to 1.2 So far so good. I'll post it up in the next day or too. Just having some icon issues as far as I can see.

Can't wait. 2.2 has been solid for me

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Have a small request if its possible. I really like the launcher from 2.0. Anyway possible to get it for 2.2? Or at least be able to dl it.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Its in there ...

Its part of eclipse.

Its done I just need to find a couple of icons that I want to change.

D1ck3y

Reaction score
can i flash this ROM via safestrap v3??? just tried it and it just goes to a boot loop. i wipes cashe/dalvik the first time and that didnt work so i tried it again without wiping. any ideas????

EDIT: i just need to read more. sorry for a pointless post.

Last edited:

yusko63

Reaction score
Trying to install with Safestrap v3.05. Every time I install, the screen stay black after the Push Menu for Recovery or Push Search to Continue screen. I don't touch search or menu and just let the screen time lapse. I have tried flashing on a clean ROM slot and over multiple ROMs (Steel Droid Gingerbread and ICS, MavRom 4.5) with the same result. When flashing over one of the other ROMs, I only clear the cache. What am I doing wrong?

doogald

Reaction score
Trying to install with Safestrap v3.05. Every time I install, the screen stay black after the Push Menu for Recovery or Push Search to Continue screen. I don't touch search or menu and just let the screen time lapse. I have tried flashing on a clean ROM slot and over multiple ROMs (Steel Droid Gingerbread and ICS, MavRom 4.5) with the same result. When flashing over one of the other ROMs, I only clear the cache. What am I doing wrong?

As far as I know, this rom doesn't work with safestrap 3.05. You'll need to use 1.8 or 2.10. (Actually, I'm not sure about 2.10; I never used that version myself.)

yusko63

Reaction score
As far as I know, this rom doesn't work with safestrap 3.05. You'll need to use 1.8 or 2.10. (Actually, I'm not sure about 2.10; I never used that version myself.)

Is there an easier way to back track to SS 1.8 other than SBF?

Also, I have the .906 stock build on my D3, will that create issues?

doogald

Reaction score
Is there an easier way to back track to SS 1.8 other than SBF?

Also, I have the .906 stock build on my D3, will that create issues?

Oh, you shouldn't need to SBF. Activate stock in safestrap 3 and restart the phone. Start the safestrap app and tap the button to uninstall recovery, then restart the phone. It should restart without the safestrap menu. Uninstall the safestrap app from settings-applications-manage applications - it should be in the all tab.

Then install the 1.8 or 2.10 version. Tap the button to install recovery and restart the phone. It should be back to the old version. You'll probably also want to clean up the slots you created in internal storage - they are in the safestrap folder.

yusko63

Reaction score
Oh, you shouldn't need to SBF. Activate stock in safestrap 3 and restart the phone. Start the safestrap app and tap the button to uninstall recovery, then restart the phone. It should restart without the safestrap menu. Uninstall the safestrap app from settings-applications-manage applications - it should be in the all tab.

Then install the 1.8 or 2.10 version. Tap the button to install recovery and restart the phone. It should be back to the old version. You'll probably also want to clean up the slots you created in internal storage - they are in the safestrap folder.

Ok this may be stupid, but I don't see a safestrap app on my phone anywhere

doogald

Reaction score
Ok this may be stupid, but I don't see a safestrap app on my phone anywhere

You must have had it to install safestrap. Reinstall the 3.05 app and then do what I said before. MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE IN STOCK AND NOT RUNNING FROM A SLOT!

yusko63

Reaction score
You must have had it to install safestrap. Reinstall the 3.05 app and then do what I said before. MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE IN STOCK AND NOT RUNNING FROM A SLOT!

Uninstalled 3.05 and just install 2.10 and installed the recovery. I'll go in a clean out the ROM slot files and try flashing again. Thanks for your help!

yusko63

Reaction score
Wiped and installed the ROM and gapps, but I wasn't asked for my google account login. What now?

EDIT: I tried installing MavRom 4.5, signing into my Google account on there and then flashing Eclipse over that, still no luck. How do I link my phone to my Google account with this ROM?

Last edited:

D1ck3y

Reaction score
If you uninstall ss3 and install ss2 will ss2 affect your files for ss3 and can you switch back to ss3 if you uninstall ss2 application and recovery?
I want to try this Rom but I use ss3 for my recovery and just wondering if it's safe to switch back between recovery as long as you make shore your on stock slot and uninstall application and recovery?