[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

Discussion in 'Droid 4 ROMS' started by myfishbear, Mar 20, 2013.

1. myfishbear

myfishbear Developer Developer

im not having that problem.... try factory resetting, wipe everything, and then reinstall the rom. it also could be a worn flex cable it happens sometimes with the slide out keyboard.
  2. bofis

bofis New Member

Is anyone else having keymap issues with this ROM. I had previously used the keymap patch to fix things under ICS, but as there wasn't a keymap patch in the JB-Patches folder I did not want to try it. Either way, I cannot seem to type : or other symbols that appear printed on our keyboard while using the keyboard. They resolve to different symbols instead. I'll try 1.0.6 tonight and hope that addresses this...
  3. komani86

komani86 New Member

Think its the flex cable, tried everything (reinstall stock, factory reset, wipe, reinstall) and it doesnt seem to be software based. Really sucks, because im dutch and can't really send it to the warranty center in the USA. Any clue where I can get such a cable repaired besides motorola's headquarters?

I also have keymap issues btw, didnt look at that yet but I know it was some setting in the language&input tab.
  4. myfishbear

I'm not able to recreate your prob. wipe data and factory reset b4 you install 1.0.6
  5. RueTheDayTrebek

RueTheDayTrebek New Member

My Smart Actions went away after I installed 1.0.6 I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to help. When it's installed, I get no triggers or other options.

Can I dirty flash back to 1.0.4?

Anyone have the same issues?
  6. DSM4rill

DSM4rill New Member

1.0.6. is thorough on my device. Better batt life and smooth.

No problems.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  7. bofis

bofis New Member

Hmm, I'm still having issues with the symbol : and " keys, which for me type < and > instead. Installing the ROM clears out the system folder, which is where I thought keymap settings were held. Any way you could make a flash that restores the default keymap since mine does not seem to want to work right? :)
  8. myfishbear

in safe strap del your romslot for eclipse. then make a new one. format it, wipe cache, davilik cache, and factory reset it. then install the rom. let it boot and don't restore any olde data using tib or nandroid.
  9. myfishbear

yeah i guess. i removed smart actions framework so its gone... it uses too much cpu and power cuz its constantly monitoring all sorts of sensors.
  10. Froyo

Froyo New Member

Question...I noticed that your link for the speedscript addon says to flash it after oc. So does that mean the old oc zips from the ICS versions of eclipse work with the current JB versions?
  11. myfishbear

no oc so far
  12. Zero5295

Zero5295 New Member

Longevity

I understand there is no overclock available, but what I'm most interested in is making the battery last as long as possible. I'm a heavy user, from surfing the web to multiple social networking accounts and plentious texting. I have a few questions:

1.) I installed the speedscript, but I am interested in the script listed here: | MOD | May 15, 2013 | 4cyl Turbo v0.5.4_r1 w/ 250 shot NOS | Entropy | zRAM Swap - xda-developers . If I uninstalled the speedscript (how would I do that?), is your ROM compatible with this script?

2.) What are the other things I should do to get max battery? I am in San Antonio, with plenty of 4G and wifi at home. I do use the 4G LTE On/Off app to switch to 3G a good armount. I keep the screen on minimum brightness most of the time, and the screen is set to sleep after a minute of inactivity. GPS is normally off or just enabled via Google services. Bluetooth is off, and I uninstalled a lot of apps I didn't use (went from like 130 to 68). What other things must I do to make my phone last 24 hrs (I'm aiming low, don't want to get greedy and aim for like 3 days or something outlandish lol). Thank you for your time. Please you other forum users, leave your nuggets of wisdom as well! :biggrin:
  13. ndd

ndd New Member

you could try underclocking; that helped me when we were back on ICS.

I tried that on my nexus 7, and thought that performance was actually worse; I'd love to know if anyone has tried it on a droid 4 running eclipse.
  14. myfishbear

use a logcat to figure out whats running in the background and eliminate it. this means remove framework and do build.prop edits to lengthening scan intervals. you can also try juice defender.
  15. Zero5295

Zero5295 New Member

I run the hot plug governor normally, and the Nos Entropy tweak works well on the CM 10.1 5/14 Nightly that I'm also running. I haven't tried it on this ROM b/c I'm not sure it's safe. (Myfishbear?)

EDIT: Went ahead and applied the script, it works AMAZINGLY WELL!!
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  16. Zero5295

Zero5295 New Member

I am a seasoned ROM user, when it comes to the basics of using the terminal to enable scripts, using custom recoveries to flash and restore (and backup) ROMs, but that's about it unfortunately :/ I will try Juice Defender if it will help.
  17. kwood129

kwood129 Member

I've tried my lapdock for the first time since I've updated to 1.0.6 and the jellybean mouse pointer is back. Any way of fixing this?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  18. myfishbear

wipe everything format sdcards and reflash
  19. huckky

huckky New Member

any chance to have signed_gsm patchd4fixed.zip for jb eclipse?
  20. spivey76

spivey76 New Member

I've seen this mentioned but not a fix - every time I connect/ disconnect to the PC, my custom ringtone and notification sounds get changed to what I assume are defaults. Does this have something to do with the phone mounting the SD Card to the PC? How do I stop this? It started with JB, ICS it didn't happen.
Search tags for this page

cdma maserati 9.8.2o-72 vzw-18 1ff.xml.zip

droid 4 eclipse

droid 4 eclipse jb

droid 4 eclipse rom

droid 4 roms

eclipse droid 4

eclipse droid 4 jb
eclipse for droid 4

eclipse jb

eclipse jb droid 4

eclipse jb rom