[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Based off of nitroglycerin's rom and the 217 ota
Flash now works well in this rom!(better than stock ics too!)

cleaned it up a bunch and removed alot more blur
theme applied
Use safestrap 2.0+!
NOOB install guide!

Rom Server

-Changes-
v1.6.2
-long press volume button to skip track By huhu1312
v1.6.1
-new clock
v1.6

-new apps
-ad away, Playstation mobile, soundsearch, rom toolbox, smartglass, talkback and more
-updated root
-bravia engine for cleaner images

Eclipse version 1.6.2

Eclipse Hybrid version 1.6.2
Eclipse Russian version 1.6.2
Download Here

-optional patches
Speedscript (apply after oc!) -thanks to micron it manages you mem and more

overclock or underclock d4 new profiles 9/13/12 5pm
oc @1320 (if new to oc try this first)
oc @1320 lv
oc @1320 ulv
oc @1370
oc @1375lv
oc @1380
oc @1400
oc @1400 ulv
oc @1425
oc @1425 ulv

Remove beats eq reinstall original eq
Google now6 patch siri alternative
Old Stock ics cam patch reinstall stock camera
Europe gsm patch (apply before you boot) - thanks to olegfusion Switches to European gsm ---new 8/28/12

Based off of the 217 update

View attachment 57566View attachment 57567View attachment 55931
View attachment 55929View attachment 57568

-directions-
copy to sdcard
root phone and install busybox and run it. link for root ... busybox installer is on google play.... (you have to install moto drivers and turn on debugging mode to root)
install safestrap 2.11 on your primary system and flash the recovery console link here
swap to safe system
wipe data factory reset
install rom
reboot and wait a while
enjoy!

Tip:
1.) it may run down the batter the first day. this is due to ics indexing your files on your sd card. i even made it lag out with 9 gigs of music :)
2.) Dont disable data or anything for the first day running it. it needs to index.
3.) for good sound go into settings /sound /wired stereo devices / disable effects it stacks so it will sound bad with both enabled.
4.) if battery life is still bad delete all the pictures off your phone and any thing else(format sdcards). and turn off 4g global.
5.) enable contacts sync in my accounts
6.) if flash vids don't work. set icsbrowser+ agent to desktop install mxplayer as well.
7.) if wifi tether is giving you problems open settings, choose device profile, select "motorola droid razr(cdma/lte)".
8.) wait for data to go "blue" before starting setup.

Recommended apps:

For fm radio(spirit ul)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mikersmicros.fm_unlock&hl=en

setcpu
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mhuang.overclocking&hl=en

mxplayer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...SwxLDEsImNvbS5teHRlY2gudmlkZW9wbGF5ZXIuYWQiXQ..

custom auto brigtness
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nnevod.loggraph&hl=en

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Here's a quick layout reference for keymap patch

Normal
shift
SYM

!@#$%^&*()
!@#$%^&*()

'qwertyuiop
"QWERTYUIOP
"~wertyu|{}

asdfghjkl
ASDFGHJKL
asdfghj[]

zxcvbnm,.
ZXCVBNM;:
zxcvb<>;:

-=/
_+?
_+\

Note that it also has SYM-Up,Down,Left,Right as PgUp,PgDn,Home,End and SYM Backspace deletes the whole line (don't know what char that would be)
One thing it's missing would be to put the original SYM pop-up somewhere, such as SYM-Space (if that's possible)

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
Putting widgets on the home screen is kinda goofy after installing the HD widgets. Also the circles doesn't display properly. No biggie just wanted to mention it.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
its the new moto launcher... circles widget works fine for me tho... i wiped data, installed rom, installed oc, speedscript, cam revert, moto clock, than hd widgets...

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Running this now, working great. Manually formatting my partitions in Safestrap fixed the camera freezing issue I posted about in the old thread.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

4low4fun

Reaction score
myfishbear said:
its the new moto launcher... circles widget works fine for me tho... i wiped data, installed rom, installed oc, speedscript, cam revert, moto clock, than hd widgets...

Good to know. I was about to make a comment stating my rom was messed up somehow! Lol any way of making the google search bar go away?

4low4fun

Reaction score
One question I had is that it seems like when I leave my home screen (go into app drawer for example) when I go back to my homepage its like my widgets all have to restart. Running 1.2.5b still on oc1320lv with Google now. Oh and the frequent freezing seems to have calmed down to only once or twice a day.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
One question I had is that it seems like when I leave my home screen (go into app drawer for example) when I go back to my homepage its like my widgets all have to restart. Running 1.2.5b still on oc1320lv with Google now. Oh and the frequent freezing seems to have calmed down to only once or twice a day.
some cpus cant handle that try the 1320oc and speedscriptv3 to alleviate the freezing.. also use setcpu to hotplugx and noop... interactive sux

Last edited: