[ROM] Droid4HD For JB

Bense

Reaction score
safestrap lol... if in ics also flash kexe patch.

I realize that. I am looking for a way to install this WITHOUT using /mnt/sdcard/safestrap/rom-slot?/system.img, etc.
Without a...
mount -t ext3 /mnt/sdcard/safestrap/rom-slot4/system.img /system -o loopback

The I/O performance of these safestrap 3.11x methods are KILLING me.
I am looking for a solution that allows me to either flash over the stock rom using hashcode's safestrap 3.11 over stock rom slot and specifically not rom-slot1, rom-slot2, rom-slot3, or rom-slot4.

I have attempted to use Droid4Safestrap-ICS-2.11.apk on top of my stock rooted OTA update of motorola jellybean 4.1.2, however when I swapped to the safe system and tried to flash any of these, no boot. If I were to attempt this again, however flash ICS_User_Kexec_patch_CDMA.zip after flashing Droid4HD with Safestrap 2.11 (which would have the stock OTA JB on the 'unsafe side'), could this work?

As indicated in another thread here, I have successfully bricked JB, fxz'd with the ICS fxz by modifying a few things in the xml file, then re-applying the JB OTA. Everything works. (albeit an unorthodox, not-bestpractice method). I also have a motorola dev cable, so the common obstructions that most users find themselves in, are of no concern to me.

Please advise.

Bense

Reaction score
If I were to attempt this again, however flash ICS_User_Kexec_patch_CDMA.zip after flashing Droid4HD with Safestrap 2.11 (which would have the stock OTA JB on the 'unsafe side'), could this work?

Just came back to post that this worked !

motrue

Reaction score
It actually worked for me. My ? Is will this work on other job ROMs I.e. liquid smooth?

When I say it worked I mean it worked on the safe side. I didn't try to flash over the stock ROM..

smoysauce

Reaction score
I realize that. I am looking for a way to install this WITHOUT using /mnt/sdcard/safestrap/rom-slot?/system.img, etc.
Without a...
mount -t ext3 /mnt/sdcard/safestrap/rom-slot4/system.img /system -o loopback

The I/O performance of these safestrap 3.11x methods are KILLING me.
I am looking for a solution that allows me to either flash over the stock rom using hashcode's safestrap 3.11 over stock rom slot and specifically not rom-slot1, rom-slot2, rom-slot3, or rom-slot4.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience and know-how. Hashcode is working on the newest version of SS that is going to have a lot of changes to it (like using the ext-SD card instead, and a lot more) I would recommend getting ahold of him and see if there is anything you can do to help him out and maybe get your ideas implemented.

cdipier2

Reaction score
I finally got around to installing Droid 4 HD last night and so far everything is working great. The battery life is definitely much better then stock JB

TechTinker

Reaction score
So um I tried flashing it, and now the rom won't boot. I just went to my safestrap menu, clicked install and selected the JB D4HD, and JB GApps, and let that run. Now my phone won't boot into the rom, I can acess safestap though.

jkcsho

Reaction score
every time I try to flash any of your roms it says failed. im running an old backup of d4hd ics. It says signature verification failed. ne ideas?

Last edited:

komani86

Reaction score
Does anyone get a black screen after installing this ROM?

I came from CM10.1-JB (on slot 1 on the latest safestrap) and the rom doesnt boot up.
I tried to install the old Droid4HD ICS version, that boots up and the same for CM10.1.

Am I missing something here? I saw some older posts that people were using adb, is that really necessary?

Last edited:

audinutt

Reaction score
Does anyone get a black screen after installing this ROM?

I came from CM10.1-JB (on slot 1 on the latest safestrap) and the rom doesnt boot up.
I tried to install the old Droid4HD ICS version, that boots up and the same for CM10.1.

Am I missing something here? I saw some older posts that people were using adb, is that really necessary?

Have you updated your stock system to jellybean?
if not do this first

komani86

Reaction score
Have you updated your stock system to jellybean?
if not do this first

Ah I expected that not to be a problem since its a romslot on the internal SD, downloading the stock JB as im typing, since im from the NL I cant seem to do the OTA update. I'm gonna be installing this as mentioned here.

Wondering if I can use the old SafeStrap (2.11), where I dont need rom slots, does anyone know that?

TechTinker

Reaction score
If I update stock to JB do I need to re-root? And also is there a way to maybe shrink stock's size, but atleast bump up how much space my ROM slot gets? I'm starting to get low on storage and this is my daily driver, only one I use.