[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

bofis

Reaction score
Only big 4.2 feature we are missing is the lock screen widgets at this point. Anyway, I tried OC last night, and failed miserably...my phone bootlooped and then would boot into Android, but then moments later reboot itself again...over and over. Going to try 1.1.1 to make sure that hasn't fixed this, but I might stick with the stock clock at first this time.

Weird bug I've been having also where the entire screen is black, other than the notification bar, and while I can pull it down, and interact with that, hitting home or launching any other apps does not work and all I see is a black screen. The only solution has been to shut down and turn back on. Even the reboot options from the Notification Toggle do not appear :-\

Also, I'm using the SD-shuffle patch with no-ext so that sorta forces the system to think everything is the SD-Card instead of having the stupid "internal sd" s_h_i_t. Will whatever fixes you applied to 1.1.1 mess with that patch?

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Only big 4.2 feature we are missing is the lock screen widgets at this point. Anyway, I tried OC last night, and failed miserably...my phone bootlooped and then would boot into Android, but then moments later reboot itself again...over and over. Going to try 1.1.1 to make sure that hasn't fixed this, but I might stick with the stock clock at first this time.

Weird bug I've been having also where the entire screen is black, other than the notification bar, and while I can pull it down, and interact with that, hitting home or launching any other apps does not work and all I see is a black screen. The only solution has been to shut down and turn back on. Even the reboot options from the Notification Toggle do not appear :-\

Also, I'm using the SD-shuffle patch with no-ext so that sorta forces the system to think everything is the SD-Card instead of having the stupid "internal sd" s_h_i_t. Will whatever fixes you applied to 1.1.1 mess with that patch?
id suggest a clean install when you do cause i changed alot. 1.1 had a bug

Last edited:

ws6formula350

Reaction score
One of my fav's from 4.2 is the quick panel, I use widgetlocker already for my lock screen anyways.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

kwood129

Reaction score
SD support is back! I was wondering how would I go about adding the sound recorder feature again? I use GO SMS pro and in order to record sound in there you need the sound recorder to do it. I tried adding the apk from an older version of eclipse but that didn't work.

I've been trying to overclock and everytime I add the overclock it just causes an endless reboot. The universal init.d has a list of scripts in it already. I did format everything and used a completely different sd card to install eclipse from. Is 1.1.1 overclockable?

Last edited:

Popssracer

Reaction score
I've been trying to overclock and everytime I add the overclock it just causes an endless reboot. The universal init.d has a list of scripts in it already. I did format everything and used a completely different sd card to install eclipse from. Is 1.1.1 overclockable?

I am having the same problem. Followed the instructions a few pages back to the letter. I had to quickly (before it rebooted) go into the universal init program and throw the switch back to off, then it didn't reboot. With the scripts on, it endlessly reboots.

daredevile

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Followed the instructions a few pages back to the letter. I had to quickly (before it rebooted) go into the universal init program and throw the switch back to off, then it didn't reboot. With the scripts on, it endlessly reboots.

I noticed this problem only started happening to me once I installed the speedscript. I reinstalled and this time oc'ed 1320 without the speed script and am running perfectly stable.

Popssracer

Reaction score
I noticed this problem only started happening to me once I installed the speedscript. I reinstalled and this time oc'ed 1320 without the speed script and am running perfectly stable.

Awesome, thanks, I'll give that a shot

jkieffer46

Reaction score
oc script doesnt work?

If I flash any oc script, setcpu or ROM toolbox says I'm still at 1200. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm running 1.1.1

kwood129

Reaction score
If I flash any oc script, setcpu or ROM toolbox says I'm still at 1200. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm running 1.1.1

Did you install the universal init.d from the play store? If not then install, if you have then make sure its turned on. Reboot and you should be overclocked

bofis

Reaction score
id suggest a clean install when you do cause i changed a lot. 1.1 had a bug

1.1.1 is working great after a clean install :) Have not tried overclocking yet as teh boot-loop issue was annoying, but maybe I'll try without then flashing speedscript. Should that script be updated at this point, or should we not even be using it anymore? I installed it right after installing the rom, but no idea if it even did anything of course.

EDIT: The error I was getting with random reboots either went away or was caused by my power button being pressed down too far or something, because it has yet to happen again in the last few days. 1.1.1 without speedscript at stock clock speed has been solid otherwise. I'll hold out on OC for now...

Last edited:
OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
1.1.1 is working great after a clean install :) Have not tried overclocking yet as teh boot-loop issue was annoying, but maybe I'll try without then flashing speedscript. Should that script be updated at this point, or should we not even be using it anymore? I installed it right after installing the rom, but no idea if it even did anything of course.

EDIT: So, it was going fine for the last like 2 days, but suddenly, today, I'm getting totally random reboots. Like I just unlocked my phone, scrolled over to look at my calendar widget, then scrolled back to the main screen, and the screen went black and rebooted...this is about the 4th time it's happened today. I cleared cache but wtf?
dont use speedscript its messed up. ill rework the scripts during next week. just really busy this weekend.

kwood129

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with wifi lately? Seems like its dropping a lot for me in 1.1.1. Tried 3 different routers here at home and still the same result.

gulci

Reaction score
Video Hangouts do not work for me... it creates a lot of graphical tearing and popping sounds. However, Skype works just fine. What could be the issue?

jkieffer46

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with wifi lately? Seems like its dropping a lot for me in 1.1.1. Tried 3 different routers here at home and still the same result.

try shutting off the thing that avoids weak networks. i had the same problem after the jb update.