[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

papamush

Reaction score
Solved: WifiTether "No internet access"

Has anyone had trouble getting internet access via WifiTether? I've been trying for days, and for some reason I can tether without issue, but I get "no internet access" on my laptop.

I already tried using Generic profile 0 and 1, also tried on Razr CDMA (which showed data transfer). I've enabled routing fix and all the other standard fixes people have talkedabout on various threads. I even tried sqLite editor, to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?!? If anyone has any ideas or recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: SOLVED I went to Access Control and checked the box next to my paired computer, and hit apply....and voilà internet! :icon_ lala:

Last edited:

Bense

Reaction score
Any plans to put an inverted Talk in this build?

I've tried nearly everything inverted Talk.apk that I can find to no avail.

I do however have inverted:
Market
google keep
google voice
google chrome
gmail 4.3.1
twitter
facebook
facebook messenger
spotify
translate
calendar
google plus
contacts (i guess they're inverted, I haven't seen white bg/black text contacts in forever)
YouTube
Music
Reader..

and I think that's it. These are all the latest versions that are in the app store. If only I could talk inverted, then everything would be :)

Reaction score
running eclipse 1.0.3 with the 1320oc script. i copy playlists to droid4 and when viewing with winamp and android music they may appear at first but shortly thereafter the contents disappear. using motocast usb to copy mp3s, to both internal and external storage. tried deleting all files manually and recopying, tried uninstalling winamp pro and using standard winamp, with cleared cache and data.

also, now when attempting to play one song it plays one from a different playlist.

btw gj on eclipse

How did you get the oc script to work?

noobmobile

Reaction score
about the oc script...

im running the 1320oc non-lv-ulv ics one. i read on the droid4hd board that it would run, so i flashed it but who knows if it's even working, worth a shot i guess.

briansis

Reaction score
Love this ROM, but since JB my ringtones are all out of whack, I assign it in sounds and it rings something different. I even moved them all from Ext-sd to internal. I know plugging it in to the computer can sometimes make it ring different but I put them all internal. Thanks for the hard work.

bofis

Reaction score
Any plans to put an inverted Talk in this build?

I'd like to second this request...or at least a working patch we could install to add inverted gTalk into this JB ROM. I used to always flash an ICS inverted gTalk zip when updating all previous ICS Eclipse roms and hate the way non-inverted looks now.

Reaction score
Rookie question, one that I should know the answer to....

Does anyone have an explanation for what an inverted app actually is?

kwyrt

Reaction score
Rookie question, one that I should know the answer to....

Does anyone have an explanation for what an inverted app actually is?

Essentially it's an app with the color scheme reversed. White text on black background instead of black text on white background, etc.

Sent from my Droid 4 - Avatar ROM

XPJEROMEXP

Reaction score
ok i havent done this before how would i go about updating my safe rom to jb. i have no lcue how to go about doing this either soooo.

Dom1000

Reaction score

crzayalex

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried the webtop? When I plug my phone into the dock, the mouse pointer of webtop is a big jellybean. It is cool and all but it isnt functional, any way to change that?

Cstryon

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried the webtop? When I plug my phone into the dock, the mouse pointer of webtop is a big jellybean. It is cool and all but it isnt functional, any way to change that?

I think they talked about that a few pages back, or it might be in the deodexed topic. Something to do with jelly bean, I don't know if anyone had a fix.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

davidgro

Reaction score
My experience so far

Thank you very much for this ROM, myfishbear!
I have been using it for a couple days now (waited for JB fastboot file) and it seems to be nice and stable (even if not all the apps are, but nothing to be done about that ;-) )

I've only seen about three regressions from Eclipse ICS (1.3 anyway, I kept putting off upgrading) and they are all minor things:

1. In System Settings -> Developer Options, the "Show touches" option doesn't work. I really liked the visual feedback it provided on ICS - just a little grey translucent circle where I touched, that lets me know if and where the phone saw my fingers hit. "Pointer location" still works but is too distracting to use.
2. The Power menu is missing "Sleep" (I also noticed it missing in the stock OS in the few minutes I was there - JB thing? if not, then perhaps it's because I did this to do the JB upgrade)
3. When charging, the battery meter doesn't periodically show the current level anymore (have to use apps to see it)

When I get a chance I will re-create my sd-shuffle patch for JB+Safestrap3 (It's already working on my phone, but I will need to .zip it and perhaps can simplify it)

Anyway, thanks again!

Cstryon

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a JB thing or eclipse thing, but I think it's a bug. After connecting over usb and mounting storage, the custom ring tones and notification sounds get changed to a default sound, and don't go back after internal and external storage is remounted to phone. Also a custom Playlist I have went blank completely (I use apollo music player) and I have to make the Playlist all over. Is there a way to make my phone remember those options and play lists through mounting Storage?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Is anyone else having not stellar battery life? I lost 27% in 8 hours over night while my phone was just sitting untouched, that's about twice what I lost when I was on ICS. Are there any tips/tricks to improve battery life?