[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

sean2010

Reaction score
right i got no rom on my stock side and eclipse rom on rom 1
i got safestrap version 3.04 installed
i cant use rsd lite to flash the rom because its not finding the port have usb debuging on

tryed these roms
Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip
signed_deomotoblur-6.16.217-XT894.zip
VRZ_XT894_6.7.2-180_DR4-16_M2-37_1FF.xml.zip

i selected these files to be installed in the stock rom with the install choice in safestrap
there is also a recovery option but no files show up when i enter recovery could i manualy put a file in recovery folder in safestrap (i dident backup my stock rom)

i also tryed to install using recovery mode

sean2010

Reaction score
got this error try to install rom

installing update...
file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop": no
E:Error in ?/tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
got this error try to install rom

installing update...
file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop": no
E:Error in ?/tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted
i want to help you but im afraid you will brix your phone. you try things that arent safe like all the time. like del you stock system, or try to flash a sbf via ss. i really sugest you read some of the posts on how to sbf your phone.
what you should do at this point is set ss to the unsafe system then install the sbf with fastboot. you got to install your adb drivers as well.

Last edited:

sean2010

Reaction score
i want to help you but im afraid you will brix your phone. you try things that arent safe like all the time. like del you stock system, or try to flash a sbf via ss. i really sugest you read some of the posts on how to sbf your phone.
what you should do at this point is set ss to the unsafe system then install the sbf with fastboot. you got to install your adb drivers as well.

ok yea thanks so far

ok i think i know what to do u can just tell me if goin to do something wrong

1 go into safestrap and select stock for sbf install and try to install with fastboot
i tryed to install the 3 roms this way with safestrap and bootloader dident work for some reason

2 i got rsd workin this is my device properties
IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A
Technology: N / A
Software Version: N / A
Flex Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: e800
DRM Version: N / A

can u talk me throw this part which rom should i use
3 reboot into recovery and select flash sbf yea

4 install ? i have all 3 roms on my sd card and desktop which sould i select them from in rsd

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
1 go into safestrap and select stock and boot so it says no os like b4

2 remove safestrap in adb How to manually remove Safestrap (via ADB) | Hash-of-Codes get adb in this pack and rt click and press shift to get a command prompt in that folder

3 flash sbf in fastboot mode using rsd (to enter fastboot when the phone is off, hold down power and both vol keys, when menu appears use vol- to scroll and vol+ to select) sbf file to flash

Last edited:

sean2010

Reaction score
hello when i boot up in stock safestrap is disabled do i still need to remove it
with adb

adb command promt opens for a second and closes
i not connected to the phone unless i am in ap fastboot flash mode

Last edited:

sean2010

Reaction score
ok i have abd installed how do u get Commands to be entered as su (should show “#” command prompt):
in cmd

abd only sees my phone when in safestrape not after rebooting with no os, if i enter recovery it says its connected but
cmd doesent have it listed as devices

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ok i have abd installed how do u get Commands to be entered as su (should show “#” command prompt):
in cmd

abd only sees my phone when in safestrape not after rebooting with no os, if i enter recovery it says its connected but
cmd doesent have it listed as devices
read the directions... it says do it in recovery but you want the stock slot selected b4. i dont have time to go thru all this with you tho im kinda busy(sry if this sounds rude but i really am). if u have trouble with adb go look it up. its on youtube and google here and most android sites. the command to get a prompt is adb shell

Last edited:

briansis

Reaction score
Thanks for the great ROM, been loving it for a long time, and i've tried them all. One problem though since updating to 1.6.1 go sms doesn't send pix messages, it shows sent buy never gets recieved. Any ideas. Gonna throw 1.6.2 on now. Thanks

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the great ROM, been loving it for a long time, and i've tried them all. One problem though since updating to 1.6.1 go sms doesn't send pix messages, it shows sent buy never gets recieved. Any ideas. Gonna throw 1.6.2 on now. Thanks
yeah you may want to clean flash it cuz i did change some things

briansis

Reaction score
Thanks for your time I just updated to 1.6.2 and now it won't send at all. Back to 1.5.2 until I have time to clean flash.