[ROM] Eclipse JB for Droid 4

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Sigh, so I was on 101, I just downloaded 103, wiped everything, installed 103 and my phone wont boot. Stuck on a black screen.

Reaction score
Is anyone else having not stellar battery life? I lost 27% in 8 hours over night while my phone was just sitting untouched, that's about twice what I lost when I was on ICS. Are there any tips/tricks to improve battery life?

Make sure that you don't have both sets of locations settings on. They are sneakily hidden inside google settings, and the place where we always had them in ICS. Other than that, I've tried underclocking my phone, scaling the interactive governor, and setting up some triggers in smart actions. I'm sure you know all of this, I'm also mentioning it here for everyone else.

Reaction score
Sigh, so I was on 101, I just downloaded 103, wiped everything, installed 103 and my phone wont boot. Stuck on a black screen.

I usually install new builds of Eclipse right over the old one. It's worked really well in the past. You may have downloaded a corrupt file... it could be any number of things. Download the file, again, and wipe the whole slot and start over, that is the most for sure way to do it.

hellmonkey

Reaction score
It seems I got it figured out. The phone is booting right now. I forgot to install the kexec patch (stock wouldn't update to JB for some reason), which is why I think it didn't load the first time. I wiped slot 1, tried slot 2 and its working now. Thanks for the help guys. Ill check out the location settings too.

Froyo

Reaction score
Now that the Razr HD's have gotten their bootloaders unlocked...is there any way MyFishBear could rip out their clock widget and make it so that it can run on any launcher on the Droid 4 without having to use the annoying Razr stock launcher instead? I know the unlocked bootloaders are for the Snapdragon chips only, but still wondering if getting just that widget in particular to work on the regular D4 launcher would be possible now.

Also, do the old overclocking files from the ICS version work with 1.0.3? I tried flashing a couple but just bootlooped each time.

Last edited:

davidgro

Reaction score
Is anyone else having not stellar battery life? I lost 27% in 8 hours over night while my phone was just sitting untouched, that's about twice what I lost when I was on ICS. Are there any tips/tricks to improve battery life?

Interesting, my battery life is much better now on JB, and I was able to enable all the location services finally. (On ICS, if Network (Verizon) was on, it would keep the phone "Awake" -- as shown in the Battery History Details -- but GPS was fine. Several Apps didn't work well like that.)

Reaction score
I haven't seen MyFishBear on here in a long time, and there haven't been any updates, recently. Are you out there, MyFishBear? Do you need someone to bail you out of jail, or did you need a couch to crash on, or something? Mortgage crisis must have gotten him, too.

Cstryon

Reaction score
lol could always use some dough hahaha
v1.0.4 is up... i removed alot of bloat on this version

Sweet! Hey myfishbear, any idea why jb doesn't remember sound settings after unmounting the sd Cards? If I unmount, then remount, my phone doesn't remember my ringtone or notification settings.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sweet! Hey myfishbear, any idea why jb doesn't remember sound settings after unmounting the sd Cards? If I unmount, then remount, my phone doesn't remember my ringtone or notification settings.

place your ringtones in your/system/media/audio/ringtone and notification sounds in /system/media/audio/notfications

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
update to the jb kern. kexc uses more power cuz your loading 2 kerns.

Cstryon

Reaction score
place your ringtones in your/system/media/audio/ringtone and notification sounds in /system/media/audio/notfications

Hah, Omg that's so simple, can't believe I didn't think of that lol. So glad to have you Myfishbear! Btw, just flashed 104. I notice it seems snappier. I'm wondering, if I just flashed over the top of 103, will it still remove the apps you Removed?

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hah, Omg that's so simple, can't believe I didn't think of that lol. So glad to have you Myfishbear! Btw, just flashed 104. I notice it seems snappier. I'm wondering, if I just flashed over the top of 103, will it still remove the apps you Removed?

it should. my install script dels the system folder and makes a new one.
i figured many ppl were having battery issues so i been gutting non essentials. i was going to del the email app but i remember i have some ppl that need exchange so i left it in. i also moved talk, maps and something else(i don't remember offhand) to data so you can uninstall it.
here are the apks i removed
View attachment 62009

Last edited:

BlitzPuppet

Reaction score
it should. my install script dels the system folder and makes a new one.
i figured many ppl were having battery issues so i been gutting non essentials. i was going to del the email app but i remember i have some ppl that need exchange so i left it in. i also moved talk, maps and something else(i don't remember offhand) to data so you can uninstall it.
here are the apks i removed
View attachment 62009

Couple of Questions:

Will updating from 1.03 delete my texts/settings/homescreen or no?

You have any intention of bringing the power widget back? I miss that from Eclipse ICS & before